British Speedway Forum

£60,000 FOR THE WINNER THATS REDICULOUS.

How about having a 2nd half meeting for some of the up and coming British riders with a £10,000 winners cheque as well, as I'm sure they could do with the money more than the big 5 foreign riders and cut the winnings to £50,000 in the main event.

How about having a 2nd half meeting for some of the up and coming British riders with a £10,000 winners cheque as well, as I'm sure they could do with the money more than the big 5  foreign riders  and cut the winnings to £50,000 in the main event.

Why does Matt just give the money to Eastbourne so they can survive another year?

Why does Matt just give the money to Eastbourne so they can survive another year?

Immature answer to my serious question.

Is the money coming from Matt Ford himself then ??

thought it was from a sponsor.

and as regards Eastbourne surviving another year I think Mssrs. Dugard has rather more in his pot that Matt Fraud

Edited by Eastie

Because its a top rider event and not a junior event. 16 riders and probably 24 heats. No time for anything else.

Because its a top rider event and not a junior event. 16 riders and probably 24 heats. No time for anything else.

There would be time if it was started early enough.

thats hardly an excuse

Tell you what Eastie, you russle up the ten grand and I will ask Matt and Mike if some juniors can have a few heats to win it.

There would be time if it was started early enough.

thats hardly an excuse

But while those 5 riders racing for £60,00 will fill Poole...... I've just booked my hotel room, 20 juniors riding for £10,000 wouldn't get 1 extra person through the gate.

How about having a 2nd half meeting for some of the up and coming British riders with a £10,000 winners cheque as well, as I'm sure they could do with the money more than the big 5  foreign riders  and cut the winnings to £50,000 in the main event.

Is this the most jealous posting I have seen on this thread or what....

Ohhh and look who it was by......Hello Eastie. :lol:

You could reasonably question whether £60,000 would be better invested in young British riders in the Poole area.

But I guess this is a once-in-sixty-years celebration. Let's hope no one decides to up the ante with a £65,000 fastest minute in motor sports.

Theres a good amount of young riders in the Poole area Subedei. They won the Academy Lague cup in 2007. Brendan Johnston is coming on leaps and bounds ( except for a broken bone last week in practise!) and Matt Bates is also another one to watch. Jordan Frampton is also doing well at Somerset.

It'll make the ELRC look like small fry. The trouble is only Poole could really put on such a meeting. And I don't mean that being detrimental to any other club, but M&M are capable of raising large amounts of sponsorship and this proves it.

Interestingly, I remember Matt making a comment about something special a couple of years ago, but then it went silent. Perhaps Matt and Mike decided to hold the meeting back until the Jubilee season.

Nicki Pedersen

Jason Crump

Leigh Adams

Hans Andersen

Greg Hancock

Andreas Jonsson

Scott Nicholls

Chris Harris

Bjarne Pedersen

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Kenneth Bjerre

Davey Watt

Karol Zabik

Leaving two places left. Holder? Gollob? Holta? Lindgren?

Even Gollob would come over for that. This is possibly a better lineup that the GP at Cardiff. The prize money certainly dwarves that. Could well be a lot of pre season practice going on next year!

I would go for Gollob and Holder. Gollob would be the biggest draw,

but would he turn up?. He has let us down before!!.

Sponsorship for such a meeting will be very sought after, but my only concern would be the track at that time of year, it will be bone hard, but im sure that plenty of preparation will go into making the track very racable, and fair for all the riders involved!!.

Poole do it again!

The richest minute in speedway history,

If Poole were financing it, then fair play to them.

But, at those crazy prices I hope it falls flat on it's face - it's a meaningless fixture and a rip-off - simple as that!!!!

Theres a good amount of young riders in the Poole area Subedei. They won the Academy Lague cup in 2007. Brendan Johnston is coming on leaps and bounds ( except for a broken bone last week in practise!) and Matt Bates is also another one to watch. Jordan Frampton is also doing well at Somerset.

I know Brendan Johnstone has great support from BobC, but a one-off payment of say £5,000 from Poole would probably not be unwelcome.

I'm not knocking Poole, I questioned last winter whether the outlay on Iversen and Andersen by Peterborough wouldn't have been better spent in a similar fashion. And as I've said, I guess this is a once-in-sixty-years event, so no one can begrudge the Pirates pushing the boat out.

KevH, I guess we won't see you down here for the big one then. Don't see how you could call the prices crazy. A special program included (£5 value?) so only a fiver more than usual. And considering a weaker ELRC costs normally £18 plus program, about £2 more than normal.

Start time is 3 pm, and finishes a spectacular weekend for Poole fans, as the night before is the big gala evening of champions at the BIC, where many ec and the current World Champ will be in attendance.

If I get NP on my table I will be sure to get a few drinks down his throat!!