British Speedway Forum

Latest BBC forecast shows a dry day on Sunday with rain and strong winds arriving late Sunday night/early Monday.

All systems go!

For those who have left buying a ticket until the day of the meeting, you better get there very early as the chances are the queues are going to be long and winding! Don't want Poole fans being turned away when the full house signs go up.

The forcast was by Michael Fish :lol:

As we're getting closer to the day, for anyone travelling, car-parking is always a contentious issue at Poole when it really doesn't need to be. The stadium car-park will fill up very quickly, and due to the development of the new emergency services control centre on the old firestation site, there are fewer spaces at the moment.

So...with this is mind, I'm posting some directions for alternate car-parking of which there is plenty in the immediate vicinity - a 5 min walk or so. If coming into Poole from the north, drive past the stadium on your right and head past the big Barclays building to the George roundabout. There are about 3 or 4 large car-parks sign-posted here and being a Sunday they will be quieter. There's a map from the Streetmap site here here to help a bit - the stadium is located in the middle one of the left hand set of squares in the grid, between the railway line and Wimborne Road. Hope this helps.

Don't want Poole fans being turned away when the full house signs go up.

But your not bothered about other fans then Steve.

You realy do need to re-read your posts at times unless you meant to offend speedway fans in general

Sandie, nothing wrong with what I wrote.

If fans of other clubs want to come along all well and good. But the meeting is to celebrate 60 years of POOLE speedway and so POOLE fans need to know to get there early otherwise they could miss out.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Sandie, nothing wrong with what I wrote.

If fans of other clubs want to come along all well and good. But the meeting is to celebrate 60 years of POOLE speedway and so POOLE fans need to know to get there early otherwise they could miss out.

So why havent you just discussed this on the Poole forum - if you dont care about other fans and its for Poole fans.

After everything you said about Coventy Fans - tut tut!!!!

You are just stirring.

We have had to suffer threads about Coventry bloody quiz nights on here, which should never have been started. Why Coventry fans don't start their own forum up and support it I have no idea. Did we all moan about it? No but it wasn't suitable for this forum.

My post was fair. All fans are welcome but, as surely you can understand, Poole fans especially.

Plenty of tickets still left just turn up about 5 mins from the start and walk in saves waiting in the rain .

and its for your very attitude which is why I have chosen not to come down on Sunday!

Only Poole fans welcome!!

and its for your very attitude which is why I have chosen not to come down on Sunday!

Only Poole fans welcome!!

BBbwwahahahaha!!!!!! :lol:

Yer right.

BBbwwahahahaha!!!!!! :lol:

Yer right.

Believe what you like Steve - but its true. Im fed already of your Poole is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread.

Its only the likes of Rabbit and PP that restore my faith.

But - I really couldnt be bothered to come down and give you more ammunition to say - The stadium was full and no other club has had numbers like it.

I wish the club well for the meeting and hope those attending enjoy - but in my opinion, you are doing more harm than good for Poole speeway at this present moment.

Sorry to the good guys out there.

Believe what you like Steve - but its true. Im fed already of your Poole is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread.

But - I really couldnt be bothered to come down and give you more ammunition to say - The stadium was full and no other club has had numbers like it.

I wish the club well for the meeting and hope those attending enjoy - but in my opinion, you are doing more harm than good for Poole speeway at this present moment.

Sandie, get a life. :rolleyes: This is the biggest individual meeting in the UK other than the GP and if you are put off coming down by what I write, then all I can say is tough!

You won't have to come down for me to say the stadium was full. If it is I will say it anyway and so will others, and if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face because of a few words that I say, then tough again! :lol:

I can't believe for one single second you have been put off coming down because I have advised Poole fans to get there early. I reckon you were either never coming in the first place or are working and can't get time off. Simple as that.

I do understand the point you're making.

You are more than welcome to come down at anytime Sandie, and any other fans from other clubs. The more, the merrier. We are an accommodating lot, and hopefully we make everyone feel welcome.

Edited by BjarneRubble

I do understand the point you're making.

You are more than welcome to come down at anytime Sandie, and any other fans from other clubs. The more, the merrier. We are an accommodating lot, and hopefully we make everyone feel welcome.

Hi BR - just sent you a PM, thanks

Steve, not working but I doubt you would believe that either.

Sorry good folk of Poole but, as if you havent guessed, he does wind me up with his *****.

Im off now so you can go back to chatting about the meeting and weather.

Which I hope will be better that we are having at this very moment!! :(

Enjoy the day both Poole and spedway fans in general :)

Why can't we all be excited that the new season is finally here and that Poole have managed to start the season with a huge meeting and a pretty good line-up, with riders from most the EL tracks and a spattering of riders that we will only see racing over here in the GP and possibly SWC round this year?

So what if there are those of us praising up Poole for managing to pull this meeting together, and there are those that are complaining about the prices of the tickets, the booking fees etc (I have to admit that I was less than impressed by the additional charges impossed, but that did not stop me purchasing a ticket for this event) In less than 47 hours the engines will rev up on the 2008 season at Poole to celebrate their 60th year in the sport that we all love so dearly!

We should all be grateful that we have come through the close season and ready to face a new year, new challenges and meet up with old friends and new alike!

Let the tapes rise and the racing begin.......................

Well said Sue. See you tomorrow. We have Zabik on our table!