British Speedway Forum

At the end of the day, Nicki still won the 60,000 and it's up to him what he does with it. If he wants to stick with the agreement made before the race then it's up to him. If he'd wanted to change his mind and pocket the lot, then that, too, would have been up to him.

I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on what other people do with their money. It's up to them (as long as it's legal).

Edited by Grachan

1 It was a winner take all final. Nicki got the cheque. As I said before what he does with it after is his business.

2 Who wouldn't be keen to bank a £60k cheque?

3 Spinning a yarn? Matt was stating fact before the event. He has no control over the riders decision to split the pot.

4 Legal team? Hindsight is a marvellous thing (see my previous post).

I am deeply disappointed that the pot splitting has overshadowed what was a great start to the season and should have been marvellous publicity for British Speedway in general.

I still think it marvellous publicity. Riders who risk life and limb on the track being so together off it. I think it brilliant and took nothing off the meeting. As it turned out £15k at stake to qualify for the final. It makes the 20 races better rather than just one.

I still think it marvellous publicity. Riders who risk life and limb on the track being so together off it. I think it brilliant and took nothing off the meeting. As it turned out £15k at stake to qualify for the final. It makes the 20 races better rather than just one.

So are you suggesting that all the riders agreed to split the proceeds, whoever got to the final?

Guest Schumi
You dont need to highlight points for me Schumi, im bright enough to read for myself - as i assume you are.

Here you go then, I'll make it quite simple for you, as you've now changed from the original point to arguing about opinions and whether or not Nicki wanted to ride here. I asked Nicki the very same question during the close season, and his answer was:

I would love to ride in Britain next year, but at the moment it does not look like it. Eastbourne can not fit me into the team with the new point limit.

And as for loyalty, have a look at this: http://www.speedwayworld.tv/en/polishleague/a8214

Can we put this to bed now? That must be categoric enough for you, unless you want me to put a date on when I asked the question (which I can do.)

Edited by Schumi

Please don't feel sorry for me. I was one of the fans that attended the meeting and do I feel cheated.......NO

As I have already mentioned, I wasn't there, I did think about it, but a bit of a run from Ipswich. But like you, if I had gone, I don't think I would have felt cheated either. Seeing the Youtube final, it did seem like a race and for £30.00, not too bad value. Personally, I would have preferred the event to be more in the summer, but then you can't guarantee the weather, even then. Also, with GP commitments, it would have been difficult to have the riders available.

However, the pinnacle of this event was the £60k single prize, going to the top rider. £60k is a lot of money to a number of people, including me and it gets the imagination going 'what I would do with 60 grand!', but the bubble has been burst for a lot of fans, for now the prize is £15k, 'what I would do with 15 grand, yes something, but nowhere near as much as 60'. The dream has been spoilt.

It looks as though this one is going to run and run....

Get over it folks. What has been done has been done. There is nothing that anyone can do about it, even if they wanted to.

Let's just be thankful that the event survived the weather, and the majority of people that attended were very happy with the racing and the result.

I thought it was a great way to open the season and look forward to other clubs organising similar events in years to come :rolleyes::wink:

Get over it folks. What has been done has been done. There is nothing that anyone can do about it, even if they wanted to.

Let's just be thankful that the event survived the weather, and the majority of people that attended were very happy with the racing and the result.

I thought it was a great way to open the season and look forward to other clubs organising similar events in years to come :rolleyes::wink:

At last someone with a bit of common sense.

i'll second that

Seems that some of the posters on here think they know everything that goes on in speedway and riders' lives. Why people feel the need to know everything about a rider and his personal life or decisions is actually quite scary and rather sad.

Some of you talk to riders and maybe help them out, but they are not answerable to you. In fact many of the riders just tolerate you and tell you what you want to hear because it is in their interest. They are not going to be rude to you if you drive them to airports or accommodate them are they?

Yes you are entitled to debate on this forum, but most of what is discussed is laughable and what you don't realise is that most of the people who know what's really going on in the sport are laughing at the serial spouters of crap on this forum.

At least this is an outlet for some people and their obsessions..... Hysterical!!

At last someone with a bit of common sense.

no no no ,no sence at all,i state again that i was so excited about this event before xmas when we decided to go,this will run and run until i get a ex from mr ford,im livid, how can mr ford miss this anyway,it must of been going on in the pits for quite a while before the final,this does speedway no good at all,where will it stop,it could get out of hand with fans not knowing what race was won on merit and what isnt,complete shambles,get mr ford on here i want a word.there is no ifs and buts about this it should never have happened.

no no no ,no sence at all,i state again that i was so excited about this event before xmas when we decided to go,this will run and run until i get a ex from mr ford,im livid, how can mr ford miss this anyway,it must of been going on in the pits for quite a while before the final,this does speedway no good at all,where will it stop,it could get out of hand with fans not knowing what race was won on merit and what isnt,complete shambles,get mr ford on here i want a word.there is no ifs and buts about this it should never have happened.

Calm down will you. You'll burst a blood vessel going on like that.If riders wish to come to a gentleman's agreement that's their choice.

Edited by colincooke

Imagine the tension for the final, when the winning rider is earning £1000 for every second he is on the track. :P

Poetry Steve, poetry.

I bet the four of them were s**tting themselves - NOT.

Calm down will you. You'll burst a blood vessel going on like that.If riders wish to come to a gentleman's agreement that's their choice.

D ont tell me to calm down,i love speedway 110% but as bookmakers now have the faith in speedway to offer odds after so many years of not covering it,this is serious to the image of speedway,and also we were taken for mugs when we got our tickets to see the 60,000 race that never was.

Hey listen we all do.Nicki won that money fair & square, what he decides, or any of the other 3 for that matter, to do with it is his & their business. He could have decided to make a charity donation, we wouldn't be moaning then would we.It was an agreed gesture by the sounds of it, that's all i'm saying. I do agree though that a promoter is going to think long & hard before running big money meetings like this again.

ATB CC.

Edited by colincooke