British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Finnish News

So who are the 3 riders for the Nordic U19 final in Fjelsted?

So who are the 3 riders for the Nordic U19 final in Fjelsted?

It doesn't say. There's an individual meeting at Pori on the 17th of May that plays a major part in the nominations for both of the junior events. Teemu Lahti was born in 1988 so he's out from Fjelsted. That leaves Mäkinen, Katajisto, Mustonen, Siltaniemi, Autio and possibly younger of the Lahti brothers in the equation. I might be missing a name here... :unsure:

Hows Kalle doing this year?

Hows Kalle doing this year?

I'm hoping to see him on a bike too this weekend. Dont really know what to expect. He's 17 this year and has grown over 4 inches during the winter. We'll see...

The Finns won the local team in Hallstavik today with the score 45-51. Three days of intense gating practice was a success. It was almost embarrassing to hear the praise that Mikael Teurnberg was giving the riders about their effort and enthusiasm and riders thanking Micke for what he had done. A local "nobody" was present on friday talking about the importance of preparation and giving general tips regarding the sport. His name was Greg Hancock.

Kalle was very good. Would have sored a max in the meeting today but fell while leading his first and shed a chainb in his last from the lead. In fact there were no bad riders practising. Better report might appear later...

Seems that the Finnish U21 training weekend was a success, I'm glad to hear that!

It was nice to meet up with you in Vetlanda, f-s-p, shame it was so hectic on Friday, otherwise we would have been able to chat some more.

Seems that the Finnish U21 training weekend was a success, I'm glad to hear that!

It was nice to meet up with you in Vetlanda, f-s-p, shame it was so hectic on Friday, otherwise we would have been able to chat some more.

It looked like you had plenty of friends to chat with in the ref's box :D... But yes, it was nice to meet you too. Was Jari any better on saturday?

Was Jari any better on saturday?

The opposition was better on Saturday than Friday, and Jari didn't gate so he didn't score either. Tough meeting for Örnarna overall, with only Christian Agö scoring 2 points while the other 2 points were gifted.

Joni Keskinen confirmed that he will be riding in the EC qualifier in Hungary. He has made some serious investments for this season and is ready to ride in the UK. Infact he is trying everything to get a chance to show what he's made of. He was one of the surprise's of last weekend training camp in Sweden. He did a lot better than expected.

Kalle was very good. Would have sored a max in the meeting today but fell while leading his first and shed a chainb in his last from the lead. In fact there were no bad riders practising. Better report might appear later...
Good to hear, sounds like his time in scotland has helped him a lot, even if he it wasnt apparent at the time.

Good to hear, sounds like his time in scotland has helped him a lot, even if he it wasnt apparent at the time.

Well said, I think. :blink::D The DVD's I saw from Edinburgh showed him to be as crap as he was when he left even at the very end. This time he was still a bit wild but there was a significant difference compared to what he did a year ago.

I waiting for the results from the meeting itself and a few pics. I should get them this week...

EDIT: Rolf Lunstedt was there!

Edited by f-s-p

Joni Keskinen confirmed that he will be riding in the EC qualifier in Hungary. He has made some serious investments for this season and is ready to ride in the UK. Infact he is trying everything to get a chance to show what he's made of. He was one of the surprise's of last weekend training camp in Sweden. He did a lot better than expected.

Seems Joni could be Redcar Bears' new signing to replace Chris Kerr until he returns.

Announced at STMP that Glyn Taylor had signed a Finn on the recommendation of Kaj Laukkanen - but we didnt catch his name! Think it sounds like Keskinen though! What can we expect if it is?

Seems Joni could be Redcar Bears' new signing to replace Chris Kerr until he returns. Announced at STMP that Glyn Taylor had signed a Finn on the recommendation of Kaj Laukkanen - but we didnt catch his name! Think it sounds like Keskinen though! What can we expect if it is?

Was just gonna say that Keskinen signing for Redcar (starting May 15th I'm told) leaves the EC qualifier place now open. There arent many riders left but the search is on...

He's not a miracle worker but I think he has a chance to keep his 5-point average. Because thats what it's gonna be, even if people now might be talking about seven. He was present at the training camp in Hallstavik a week ago and was rated as a surprise performer by Mikael Teurnberg. Improved his gating and first bend performance considerably. The one thing negative in all this is that his english is quite poor. But dont all Finns learn "racing english" pretty fast. Marcus "Up in the a$$ of Timo" Grönholm and Tommi "the race was good" Mäkinen as prime examples. :lol::approve:

Raimo Juntunen will be the second Finnish rider at the longtrack qualifier in Artigues de Lussac.

Edited by f-s-p

Start for the Finnish season is ten days away.

Extraliiga 1: Kotkat – Jokerit – Paholaiset – Haukat/Royals, Seinäjoki, May 9th tapes up at 6 pm.

I'm getting really worried if there's gonna be enough riders left in Finland to get this meeting ahead. :D Phone's have been ringing of the hook and anyone who's been able to ride a bike in the past few seasons has been contacted by a British promoter for a team place. This added to the fact that only one foreigner is allowed per team makes it even harder for teams to get their lineups in order. I think Kotkat just loast one of their foreigners, since Benny Johansson signed for Berwick. Laukkanen and Mäkinen are expected to be present, since Mildenhall doesn't have a meeting that week (except on Sunday).