British Speedway Forum
iris123

Danish News 2008

Looking forward to the start of the season.And the weather is lovely at the moment.At least here in Hamburg :unsure:

The weather is absolutely glorious 30 minutes away (from Esbjerg, not Hamburg! :blink::lol: )

Stunning blue sky and barely a cloud in sight. Remember your shorts Iris! :shock:

Can see a narrow away win tonight, but what do I know? :neutral:

The weather is absolutely glorious 30 minutes away (from Esbjerg, not Hamburg! :blink: )

Stunning blue sky and barely a cloud in sight. Remember your shorts Iris! :shock:

Can see a narrow away win tonight, but what do I know? :neutral:

I think not.I have to travel back in the freezing cold on my bike :neutral:

Should be a close meeting.Hopefully a good one at least

No results from me.Bloody bike trouble on the motorway,so i had to turn back :mad:

Edited by iris123

thats good thanks. does anyone happen to know the riders results/indiviual riders race points

Bjerre 14

Immense after a poor first couple of rides.

Lyngsø 12+2

Most impressive I thought pulling off a few fine passes.

Korneliussen 12

Like a rocket from the gate but seemed a little sluggish IMO.

Jacobsen 7+1

Usually there or thereabouts and seemed to improve as the meeting went on

Nilsson 1

Certainly not at all disgraced.

Monberg 14+3

As you'd expect. Looked pretty sharp. Bit of a shame he's not riding in the UK this year

Risager 12

Good showing, especially later on, but still doesn't seem like the same rider he was a few years back.

Hansen 7+2

In the thick of the action - had a cracking battle with Korneliussen in one heat.

Kus 3

Was expecting a lot more TBH. Was outgated more often than not.

Kristiansen 2

Definitely had his moments.

For what its worth, it was a rather enjoyable meeting. Not been to Esbjerg for about 10 years, but definitely looks like the track has shrunk! :blink: Some great racing though - Bjerre's third to first pass over the teamriding Kenneth Hansen and Jesper B Monberg was probably the highlight but some good battles all through the meeting and Esbjerg were the deserving winners.

Korneliussen 12

yeah i got that but his race points ... 3,2 1,,0,?????

Danish Webmaster will have all the score charts up soon after here.

I will be back late tonight and post the scores if they aren't already on-line.Looking forward to the start of the season.And the weather is lovely at the moment.At least here in Hamburg :unsure:

I put the link on before :rolleyes:

Korneliussen 12

yeah i got that but his race points ... 3,2 1,,0,?????

Iris posted the link earlier, but in case you canøt open pdf files it's: 3, 3, 3, 3, 0, 0 = 12

Bjerre 14

Immense after a poor first couple of rides.

Lyngsø 12+2

Most impressive I thought pulling off a few fine passes.

For what its worth, it was a rather enjoyable meeting. Not been to Esbjerg for about 10 years, but definitely looks like the track has shrunk! :blink: Some great racing though - Bjerre's third to first pass over the teamriding Kenneth Hansen and Jesper B Monberg was probably the highlight but some good battles all through the meeting and Esbjerg were the deserving winners.

Have to say the Kenneth Bjerre that is often described on the BSF is a different rider to the one i see in Denmark(but then so is Henrik Møller :lol: ).He in the past couple of years at least isn't just a gating tart.He has had some really great battles.Pretty unlucky not to be in the GPs as well.Although it is possibly too early for him at the mo.

And Brian has really impressed me.

Have to say Esbjerg had almost replaced Holsted as my favourite team last year.They kept a fairly constant side rather than chopping and changing and young Johannes Kikkenborg also impressed me just as Krister did

Edited by iris123

Iris posted the link earlier, but in case you canøt open pdf files it's: 3, 3, 3, 3, 0, 0 = 12

thanks... comp wouldnt open,,,, easier to have it spelt out as above! :)

Have to say the Kenneth Bjerre that is often described on the BSF is a different rider to the one i see in Denmark(but then so is Henrik Møller :lol: ).He in the past couple of years at least isn't just a gating tart.

Fully agree. I have seen Bjerre pulling off some fantastic passes in the Swedish league and I just can't understand how he can be described as a gating tart. :unsure:

Fully agree. I have seen Bjerre pulling off some fantastic passes in the Swedish league and I just can't understand how he can be described as a gating tart. :unsure:

It´s only ONE Gating Tart in the world Anders and You know who?;) When He passed Nicholls at GREEN VALLEY it was a shocker and onetime show;)

It´s only ONE Gating Tart in the world Anders and You know who?;) When He passed Nicholls at GREEN VALLEY it was a shocker and onetime show;)

Nah, he (Lee Richardson for you, Liverstam ;) ) actually can more than just gate, I think you need to see him ride on a weekly basis to see what he is capable of. However, I remember the pass on Nicholls as being pure poetry. :approve:

Overall, I feel more and more points are won from the gate nowadays, and that's not due to the fact that I watch most of my speedway in Vetlanda, before someone mention it...