British Speedway Forum
iris123

Danish News 2008

It seems that all the teams will be back again next year to compete in the Danish Speedway League.Even getting squads sorted out early.The one problem as Peter S pointed out on another thread is the grading system.Seems Henrik Vedel has made the decision to retire as he was moved up from grade C into the grade B category.And as Nicolai Klindt pointed out in his interview on here the system can force riders to sit it out on the sidelines as the team can only use a certain amount of riders from each grade.

Two squads have been announced so far,plus Holsted have their Danish riders signed up plus a couple of Polish riders.

Esbjerg

A-grade

Kenneth Bjerre

Adam Skornicki

Norbert Kosciuch

B-grade

Mads Korneliussen

Brian Lyngsø

Tobias Busch

C-Kører:

Krister Jacobsen

Johannes Kikkenborg

D-grade

Bjarne Nilsson

Karsten Højhus

Michael Palm Toft(2006 80cc World Champ)

Good strong squad all the way through.Obviously relying on KB to do most meetings as i can't see Skornicki or Kosciuch being good replacements.But Brian Lyngsø was one of the riders of the season for me and alongside Mads are a very strong B grade pairing.And both Krister Jacobsen and Johannes Kikkenborg impressed.Remains to be seen what M.P.Toft can do as i hardly heard about him this year

Slangerup

A-grade

Jesper B Jensen

Grzegorz Walasek

B-grade

Kenneth Hansen

Morten Risager

Ricky Kling

Jernej Kolenko

C-grade

Dannie Søderholm

Carsten Hansen

Matej Kus

D-grade

Jesper Kristiansen

Michael Melchiorsen

Another strong squad and a title challenging one at that.Lot of strength in depth here.Jesper was 4th in this seasons averages(can't count Ulamek's one appearance really).And looking at their grade B riders it is obvious why Henrik was forced out.He wouldn't be able to compete for a team place against Kenneth or Morten.Couple of good replacements if the others are unavailable.Søderholm

will be a good C-grade signing from Holsted,plus what looks to be a coup in getting exciting young Czech rider Kus in on a C-grade.The other Jesper Kristiansen and young ex-Vojens title winning 80cc rider Michael Melchiorsen should do well at D-grade.I wonder if Peter S is happy with that squad? :unsure::P

I see the Grindsted squad has also been announced from speedwayzone

Grindsted

A-grade

Rune Holta

Kaj Laukkanen

B-grade

Kyle Legault

Freddie Eriksson

Henning Bager

Jesper Kristiansen

C-grade

Anders Andersen

Peter Juul Larsen

Sönke Petersen

D-grade

Kalle Greve

Paw Mikkelsen

A much improved squad on last year with Rune and Kyle Legault as well as Kaj :P Also have some very good Danish youngsters in the C-grade(i imagine) in Anders Andersen and Peter Juul Larsen.Sönke is good back-up for the two,on his day.The D grade riders might be weak though.The question is,can Grindsted improve on their 7th place this season?

Edited by iris123

Fjelsted

A-grade

Hans Andersen

Sebastian Ulamek

B-grade

Claus Vissing

Klaus Jakobsen

Manuel Hauzinger

Maciej Piaszczynski

C-grade

Casper Wortmann

Peter Kildemand

Rene Bach

D-grade

Nicki Barrett

Thomas Irming

taken from speedwayzone.dk

Not much change here and i can't see much improvement from Fjelsted next season.Ulamek for Jedrzejak is a better move,but they will still be weak when Hans isn't there.Piaszczynski looks a good young rider,but how will he do on the Danish tracks? Wortmann is one of the best C grade riders(hard to believe he has been moved down) and young René Bach

moving up from D grade is one to watch.2004 80cc World Champ Nicki Barrett will do ok at D grade again,but isn't improving at all from what i have seen.Can't see them challenging for the top spots

Edited by iris123

I wonder if Peter S is happy with that squad? :unsure:  :P

He is happy Doug. I think Lars has put a really good team together, so it could be our year. We really dont need any more silver medals.

Esbjerg has a strong side with Mads, if in form, probably the best grade B rider. It will be interesting to see the Holsted and Outrup teams.

Peter

Yes,i think Holsted will be very strong again.The trouble is the success of their riders could cause problems with availability.If Hougaard,Møller,Raun are all in the Premier League they might be unavailable for Holsted.Henrik and Patrick are very important to the side.Especially Henrik who is really an A grade rider at Holsted for instance.Obviously they lose the advantage of Simon Nielsen and Tommy Pedersen at D grade.That will be the important spot.I think Michael Vissing might be in there.Lubos Tomicek is in the squad but he might be unavailable on wednsdays as well,as i think Czech meetings are on then.Damian Balinski is also in,but would much rather see Nicki or Niels as no.1

Just to add that the availability of riders for all teams will be very important though.Not just for Holsted :)

Edited by iris123

The rules are not finalized for print yet, but there will only be minor changes from 2007.

Peter

Only 1 A-rider per meeting, max 3 B-riders, max 3 C riders, max 3 D-riders with at least 3 of all of them must be on a Danish license. A-riders are 8 poinst and so on, and in total the upper limit for the team is 25 points.

Correct? Nearly even... :rolleyes:

Only 1 A-rider per meeting, max 3 B-riders, max 3 C riders, max 3 D-riders with at least 3 of all of them must be on a Danish license. A-riders are 8 poinst and so on, and in total the upper limit for the team is 25 points.

OK, thanks! Gives me a clue for the moment.

The rules are not finalized for print yet, but there will only be minor changes from 2007.

I would be grateful if you could post the rules when they are finalized. Always interesting to know!

You need to? :lol:

Any idea how many meetings he will be doing then?He could be a good signing at that grade :D

Any idea how many meetings he will be doing then?He could be a good signing at that grade :D

Hopefully all of them but dont know. I'm told they have 2 C riders and the better one (each week?) will get to ride... No quarantees... I really hope it turns out to be a good move, it's not like there weren't options to choose from.

Edited by f-s-p