British Speedway Forum
iris123

Danish News 2008

I don't think the fixtures are out yet Jo.They normally come out pretty late as they really have to wait for the British fixtures so they can avoid clashing.But like Peter S said last year it doesn't pay to run a meeting on the sunday as all the riders are in Poland.Or most of them.You might be lucky though with an 80cc meeting

Looks like we will be sightseeing then on that day then, the bars of Malmo :rolleyes:

Looks like we will be sightseeing then on that day then, the bars of Malmo :rolleyes:

You might be more lucky with a meeting in Malmö :unsure::P Just a bus ride from the train station and 10 minute walk

You might be more lucky with a meeting in Malmö :unsure:  :P Just a bus ride from the train station and 10 minute walk

OK, thanks. I wonder if Travel Plus know that.

Here is their site

Malmö

Can't see any fixtures on there yet though :unsure:

Here is their site

Malmö

What's the Swedish word for Fixtures?

Here is their site

Malmö

At the moment, there are no U16 Youth League or Division 1 meetings at all in Sweden that Sunday. However...

- All the clubs in the Southern District, in which Malmö are a part, will meet this Saturday to discuss the district championship meetings for the 2008 season.

- All clubs have until January 15th to apply for their own open meetings to SVEMO.

The fixture list isn't complete yet, so I guess that's why it hasn't been posted to their site yet.

At the moment, there are no U16 Youth League or Division 1 meetings at all in Sweden that Sunday. However...

- All the clubs in the Southern District, in which Malmö are a part, will meet this Saturday to discuss the district championship meetings for the 2008 season.

I'd be very grateful if you could keep us updated on that Anders.

I don't think the fixtures are out yet Jo.They normally come out pretty late as they really have to wait for the British fixtures so they can avoid clashing.But like Peter S said last year it doesn't pay to run a meeting on the sunday as all the riders are in Poland.Or most of them.You might be lucky though with an 80cc meeting

It's been suggested that Slangerup could be riding against Brovst that day Iris. If you hear anything either way, please let us know.

No problems. I'll be going to that meeting myself so I'll post anything official ASAP.

Hi,

A Superliga meeting on the sunday is difficult, same arguments as last year.

There will be 80CC Danish championship semifinals i Herning on the sunday, but thats something like 5 hours from Malmø.

Peter

There will be a meeting in Malmö, on Saturday the 14th, the same day as the Copenhagen Grand Prix, it's the 2nd round of the Southern U16 Championship (80cc). The start time isn't determined but the Malmö officials thought it would likely be a 12:00 start.

There will be a meeting in Malmö, on Saturday the 14th, the same day as the Copenhagen Grand Prix, it's the 2nd round of the Southern U16 Championship (80cc). The start time isn't determined but the Malmö officials thought it would likely be a 12:00 start.

Thanks for the update Anders, but the same day as the GP seems crazy to me! Why not delay it 24 hours and hope to get some people who may be in the area following the GP to attend!!

It does say that Copenhagen is a hour away from Malmo, Kev, so maybe there is hope for us :)

It does say that Copenhagen is a hour away from Malmo, Kev, so maybe there is hope for us :)

Done the trip myself on the train and i am almost 100% sure it took about half that time.Get the train to the airport and Malmo is about 2 stops after that.Maybe an hour from Copenhagen City Centre to the track.

I guess the morning of the GP might attract a few coming over from Sweden.Although i doubt a meeting of that level will attract many.The other year they held a 80cc test match between Denmark and Sweden then at the track in Copenhagen.