British Speedway Forum
iris123

Danish News 2008

Done the trip myself on the train and i am almost 100% sure it took about half that time.Get the train to the airport and Malmo is about 2 stops after that.Maybe an hour from Copenhagen City Centre to the track.

I guess the morning of the GP might attract a few coming over from Sweden.Although i doubt a meeting of that level will attract many.The other year they held a 80cc test match between Denmark and Sweden then at the track in Copenhagen.

Iris123, we are staying in Malmo and are going to the GP from there. Thanks, anyway :)

Good news,

After talks today, i dare to promise ( 90% certain ) that we wil run Slangerup - Holsted at 14:00 on sunday, june 15th.

Some of the 10 riders could be : Nicki Pedersen/NK Iversen - Henrik Møller - Patrick Hougaard - Jesper B. Jensen - Kenneth Hansen - Morten Risager.

See you

Peter

Good news Peter :D

Any idea when the fixture list will be confirmed?

Edited by iris123

The dead-line for the clubs to suggest home meeting days is today, so it will be another couple of weeks Doug.

Peter

Good news,

After talks today, i dare to promise ( 90% certain ) that we wil run Slangerup - Holsted at 14:00 on sunday, june 15th.

Some of the 10 riders could be : Nicki Pedersen/NK Iversen - Henrik Møller - Patrick Hougaard - Jesper B. Jensen - Kenneth Hansen - Morten Risager.

See you

Peter

That is brilliant news :D

Good news,

See you

Peter

Thanks for the info Peter.....great news indeed!!

Wups, I should be more carefull with promises. We are now looking into what effect U21 WC semifinal in Rye House on this date will have on our riders availability.

More news when i have any.

Peter

Wups, I should be more carefull with promises. We are now looking into what effect U21 WC semifinal in Rye House on this date will have on our riders availability.

More news when i have any.

Peter

OK thanks, please keep us posted.......but remember your attendance will be swelled by around 60 travelling British fans if the meeting goes ahead.

Seems Jonas Raun will take a year off this year.He hasn't enough money to ride and will try and get everything together to make a comeback in 2009.Was supposed to ride for Holsted in Denmark and Lodz in Poland.Sad news after he seemed on his way up the ladder.Showed lots of promise when i have seen him

J.Raun

This is a bummer :(

I first saw Raun in 2004 in the Euro Champs at Elgane. Seemed very down to earth fellow with down to earth people behind him (his dad as the prime example), this compared to some chin-up rain-trough the nose-people never to be heard since. (EDIT: Just to add that that Raun was the (my) favourite to win. Did well too, but if I remember correctly the Swedes played it better.) I think I've even seen his first ever meeting in the UK (cheers pugwash) when he had a very unfortunate tumble all by himself.

But this highlights the very situation the sport is in right now. I personally am in the support group of a Finnish rider (facing a MUCH tougher circumstances) and the money and effort to be put in before the season is... huge.

EDIT2 a fraction later: A year off at this (his) stage of the career doesnt sound good. :neutral:

Edited by f-s-p

This is a bummer  :(

But this highlights the very situation the sport is in right now. I personally am in the support group of a Finnish rider (facing a MUCH tougher circumstances) and the money and effort to be put in before the season is... huge.

EDIT2 a fraction later: A year off at this (his) stage of the career doesnt sound good.  :neutral:

Same as you,i don't think it sounds good.He was progressing well.Just had his first full year in Britain and got near the 6 point average i said he could get.He was in Staechmanns plans for U19 competitions.I do wonder about youngsters trying to break into all the different leagues too early though.But everyone is different.Denmark is only a small country and there are a lot of riders chasing sponsorship.

Edited by iris123

We will not have a meeting in Slangerup on June 15th.

Im really sorry I put your hopes up. :unsure:  :cry:

Peter

That's a real shame, but thanks for the info anyway Peter.

Are there any other Danish tracks that may possibly run a meeting on that day?

That's a real shame, but thanks for the info anyway Peter.

Are there any other Danish tracks that may possibly run a meeting on that day?

Hire a car,take the ferry to Rostock and you can see a round of the German U21 championship at Teterow,Kev :P

Hire a car,take the ferry to Rostock and you can see a round of the German U21 championship at Teterow,Kev :P

Unfortunately, the logistics of doing that won't work.