British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chopper

Broadford 2nd Dec

Spent the day at Broadford sunday with Robert having his first ride on a laydown 350cc after turning 14 a week earlier.

Great set up, the track was good but also appreciated being made very welcome by all concerned.

Ended up having 6 rides which is 6 more than he has had in adelaide the last two months.

Loved watching the older bikes and although not a sidecar devotie, loved the sound of the old vincent and the racing put on.

Pity its over 800 km away, would love to be able to ride there on a regular basiS.

Regards Chopper

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Shame I missed you chopper. By the time all the track equipment had been packed away, then I dropped off all the bits and pieces I needed to hand back and eventually made it down to the BBQ I was told you had already gone.

It's a friendly little place and yes we do like seeing new faces. Robert seemed to enjoy himself, it was very noticeable he was going quicker as the day went on and was really attacking the track in his later rides. It was good to watch. Shame Josh Munro wasn't there on his 350 to keep Robert company. Don't know how Robert managed six rides, usually four is it, you must be a sweet talker !!

Sorry to have missed you Lunchy, a few beers and a snag would have been great, but with 800ks ahead of me, i thought better of it.

Drove all night as it was arriving home at 1.30 am, and having to face a day of work.

Robert arranged the extra rides, he must be the sweet talker, but as stated it was appreciated.

Hope to be able to do it again one day, wouldnt mind a few laps around there myself.Come say hello if you do any of the aussie 500 rounds, as we hope to be doing some 500 supports.

Darrell