British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pinstripe2k3

Scandanavian GP Off

Guest Pinstripe2k3

DUE TO POOR TRACK CONDITIONS,TONIGHTS GP IS OFF,RESTAGED NEXT SATURDAY.

yea what a complete farce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now the cov vs peterbourough knockout cup match is now goin to hav to be rearanged or its goin to hav to be ridern with out the gp stars which will b a diserpointment as matches between these 2 are always entertaining :)

Oxford have got Poole next fridday. I can't see any chance of that taking place right now.

Seems like the ideal opportunity for the British teams affected to claim compensation from the FIM.

Are there any rules for Gp riders with their clubs -ie will be missing on certain weekends due to GP and clubs have first call on any other dates?

Could Mr Postlewaite have had a rush of blood before thinking what he was saying about restaging next weekend????

Was it just me or did Ole Olsen not look his usual belligerent self on the centre green? Had he just received the biggest "telling off" of his life from John Postlethwaite?????

Guest PorkyPrimeCut

Well , that was a tad disappointing .

Well the track was just rubbish!!!!!!!

The right thing was to call the meeting off and re-stage the round,glad that has happened.

It's a Gp at the end of the day,the track needs to be raceable and no point in riders getting injured!

Just hope for a better track next week,im sure it cant be worst.

Definitely a dreadful advert for the sport.

How much hard work has tonight's incompetence undone? :-(

How much hard work has tonight's incompetence undone? :-(

About 8 years worth :!:

Oxford have got Poole next fridday. I can't see any chance of that taking place right now.

Seems like the ideal opportunity for the British teams affected to claim compensation from the FIM.

lol - Gather Lord Lucan is already writing out the cheques on behalf of the FIM in Geneva.

I'm sure BSI will invoke their "Send British Speedway to the Taxidermist" clause for next week with the full approval of Terry Russell. :twisted:

Yep the track was an absolute disgrace. Then sheffield ride on one very similar every home meeting. For one minute I was mistakenly thinking that it was the sheffield track staff that had done it! :lol:

Seriously though, did Olsen really think it was race-able! He derserved a telling off, if not a public stoning! :evil: