British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevehone

Running before we can walk???

Just got back from Gothenburg completely agree with the sentiments of Mr Hone, Sean etc getting a refund not bothering with going to the restaging. I see Waggy still wants to go ahead with Oxford v Poole next Friday.

Now I'm the last person to defend Olsen as I think the guy is so far up his own ass he'd need a spade to dig himself out again but one thing I have noticed is that people moan about Olsen being too much of a busy body. He pokes his nose into everything and tries to be "the man", right? Now, when something goes wrong we all shout out that Olsen neglected his duties and should be hung. Can anyone else spot the inconsistancy here?

Personally, I think BSI are getting an easy ride critisim-wise here but I stand to be corrected as I'm not 100% sure of their involvement. I do know that the Postlethwaite chappie seems very personable so therefore will receive less critisism than Olsen who let's face it, asks for it with his attitude.

Devils advocate? Me????

How can BSI as a a world speedway icon have any kind of excuse for

Saturday. They had all week to provide a " man made track " so what

happened? The wrong surface etc etc. Sorry but does it take a week to

realise that. BSI must realise now that in their greed they have totally

cocked up, lucky to get away with it for so long. My sympathies for the

poor fans who went to Ullevi and likely won't be able to return.

What a shambles.

Just suppose on Saturday 20,000 new fans turn up without tickets, where are they going to sit. The organisers will not know who is not coming until tickets for refund have been sent back.