British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomhaines

Fim Rules - Regarding the re-stageing date

From www.fim.ch/en/rules/sportifs/ccp/gp/2003/03-regl cham monde speed_en.pdf

To provide for postponements which may be neccasary, eg because of weather conditions, the FMNR or the organiser must declare 2 re-staging dates which MUST always be the two days following the original date of the meeting and notify these in the Supplementary Regulations.......(snip)

If the meeting is postponed again and cannot be held during one of the two following days, then it will be abandoned.

------------

Therefore from what I can make out, there is no official GP on Saturday and if it is run then they breach the rules in that the SGP format is the property of the FIM.

The Supplementary regulations (SR) must be issued at least 2 months prior to the event. Now from what i can understand these are the regulations etc. (i could be wrong) therefore if a re-staging date of 30/8 is not in the SR then there is no gp.

Of course however, the FIM do have the power to change the rules cos, um, its their rules!

Hmmm - I can see this having far reaching implications.

Yep so imgaine the scenario.

Tony wins on Saturday, Nicki has an awful GP scoring 5 points.

Difference = 20 points in Nicki's favour.

End of Season. Tony wins SGP 2003 by 5 points to Pedersen. Nicki can now claim that the Scandinavian GP should be void and would therefore win.

Note: Just using Tony and Nicki as examples.

:? - Seriously though, an excellent point :!:

Guest Mr Flappy
Hmmm - I can see this having far reaching implications.

Yep so imgaine the scenario.

End of Season. Tony wins SGP 2003 by 5 points to Pedersen. Nicki can now claim that the Scandinavian GP should be void and would therefore win.

Note: Just using Tony and Nicki as examples.

Yes very interesting points Tom, the official statement from BSI should prove interesting reading as well :evil:

Wow, I made interesting points, I'm so proud of myself!!!

If I were a rider who did badly next Saturday and lost the championship or my place in next years series because of it. Then I'd definatly be raising these points.

Of Course the FIM appear to have made this desision to run next Saturday and they have the final say on everything. They appear to have used those little 2 words on themselves!! (PS - Can anybody guess those 2 words, I'll give u a clue, it begins with Sp and ends in tion

If I were a rider who did badly next Saturday and lost the championship or my place in next years series because of it. Then I'd definatly be raising these points.

The six riders who progressed to the next round tonight could also feel mighty peeved if they go out at the first hurdle next week :!:

yes tom, very interesting points made there. i hope someone from the FIM might read this or realise what might occur because if the example you used actually happens, I would like to see how they would deal with it. I bet they are already planning some phony excuse to prevent this situation taking place.

Just changing the topic slightly for a second, I have bet on tonights match, is there any chance at all of me getting my money back or transferring the bet over to next week? Please someone give me a little bit of hope...!! :)

yes tom, very interesting points made there. i hope someone from the FIM might read this or realise what might occur because if the example you used actually happens, I would like to see how they would deal with it. I bet they are already planning some phony excuse to prevent this situation taking place.

Just changing the topic slightly for a second, I have bet on tonights match, is there any chance at all of me getting my money back or transferring the bet over to next week? Please someone give me a little bit of hope...!! :)

The betting situation is a good one. Such a farce causes problems for everyone and should never have happened in the first place.

PS - I've emailed a letter to speedway star regarding the fim rules and my scenario.

Good idea sending the letter to the speedway star, I can see several pages of letters with regards to tonights farce, at least it will make all the FIM aware of all the possible consequences.

Just hope that everyone who has placed bets on tonights meeting, can have the money back or transferred, its a ridiculous situation to be in!!

from a betting point of view all bets will be void and you will be refunded your stake.

Do NOT expect your bet to roll over onto next saturday cos if it ends up a winner you are unlikely to be paid out.

thanks raymondbudd ;)

I will go to the bookies later in the week and double check the situation. I think I will wait until the last minute before I place my bets again with all these injury doubts popping up all over the place! I will let you and everyone know if the betting situation turns out to cause a few probs..!

FIM press release say's will be rescheduled as a case of “force majeure”.

http://www.fim.ch/pressreleases/CP_03.08.25.pdf

Which often appears in contracts...

Force Majeure literally means "greater force". These clauses excuse a party from liability if some unforseen event beyond the control of that party prevents it from performing its obligations under the contract.

e.g failure of third parties--such as suppliers and subcontractors--to perform their obligations to the contracting party.

The BSI press release says SVEMO, the Swedish federation, took public responsibility for the poor state of the track.