British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
drakey

Will Sky Show Grand Prix next week.

Guest Pinstripe2k3

Shut up JY2003,we dont wanna know about your mate!

Guest JY2003

Oh go away!!It was only what i wanted to say!Now stop bloody moaning you idiot!!

Guest Pinstripe2k3
Oh go away!!It was only what i wanted to say!Now stop bloody moaning you idiot!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

NO 8)

Guest JY2003

Look.....get lost and go and talk to someone who wants to talk to you!!Bye!!Looser!!

Guest Pinstripe2k3

Im not a loser,u are,u act like a 2 year old HeHeHe

go back to peter colliers fan club,

Guest JY2003

Er.....excuse me but by running fan clubs(Not just Peter COLLYERS) you raise money to help the rider!!Get lost you sad perthetic idiot!!

Guest Pinstripe2k3

what does perthetic mean?

Guest JY2003

Oh look just bloody hell sod off and get a blooody live!!BYE BYE BYE!!

Children please....we have a serious problem here with the missing GP sodding up all our plans...if you wanna fight or argue...go into the junior forum, or use Email.....

lifes too short to worry about your two problems....

OUR SPORT IS IN CRISIS HERE GET A GRIP!! :D

The way this thread has degenerated is so ironic given the subject matter (the incompetence of the GP crew) that it's almost funny.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much. Wimbledon, test match cricket, F1 GP's and on the odd occasion football matches have been abandoned live on TV and the sport has not suffered. It's just one of those things that can happen with sport.

Sadly, the way in which the decision to abandon was handled was a cringe making moment in the history of televised speedway. It smacked of amatuerism at it's peak! Incompetence by the management (ie; Olsen) and the riders being filmed laughing and treating the occasion with almost no seriousness untill it was abandoned and they were told to go out on the centre green to apologise was well...... I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me.

Could you imagine Giggs, Beckham or Ginola walking out in front of all the fans to explain that the match was off because ground staff had messed the playing surface up? Of course not.

This is the kick up the butt the GP team needed and this should never happen again and if it does then it should be handled 100% better than it was last night. The TV, press and spectators were all left in the dark about what was happening. It was completely and utterly amatuerish in the extreme and harked back to the bad ole days of the early 1990's. I half expected them to wheel out Rusty Lee or Edwin Starr......

Fire Olsen, allow the BSI chap more influence and have plans in place to handle adverse and unexpected moments like last night so that in future it looks more professional.

I wonder how much moneys was wasted last night? How will the re-imbursments affect BSI? Air fares, hotel accomodation..... just scraping the surface.

I travelled for 2 hours to get to a TV to watch last nights meeting. What a waste of time. To clear up confusion here - I am not criticising the reasons for the abandonment last night but the way in which it was handled. Sure, the surface should have been fit to ride but alas, mistakes happen but to keep everyone hanging on for well over 30 minutes was unprofessional and to be frank, extremely foolish. TV companies are very money conscious you know! The press are just waiting for a chance to jump on the sport and laugh at it and last night gave them every opportunity.

I only hope they can make up for last night because the most recent meetings I've seen on Sky have made me think how long wil the coverage continue.

Lastly, I see Eastbourne are on again tomorrow! :roll:

the BSPA are taking legal action against the FIM and BSI over the new date for the GP since the new date isnt the official rain off date

the BSPA are taking legal action against the FIM and BSI over the new date for the GP since the new date isnt the official rain off date

Glad to hear it - this was a suggestion I made on another thread last night - I'm sure the BSPA will win damages (or they will if there's any justice left in this world!)

ah but in true BSPA style..what will happen to those "damages"??? will the clubs that are scheduled to have meetings involving GP Riders next weekend get a pay out?? including Eastbourne...where "Darcy fake tan Bussell" happens to promote??

or will all the damages just go into the BSPA pot and disapear like the £5,000,000 Sky paid for the sponsorship of the elite league back three years ago??

or will all the damages just go into the BSPA pot and disapear like the £5,000,000 Sky paid for the sponsorship of the elite league back three years ago??

Ever been called a cynic before Sean? ;)