British Speedway Forum

QUOTE (Rob B @ Apr 5 2008, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just got back from a waste of a day and money. What a farce, first of all what the hell were Kings Lynn track staff doing watering the track half an hour before the start when the sky was black in the background, it was so obvious it was going to rain.

Track was obviously wet but I don't think it would have been too bad aftere Buster graded it, first 4 heats would have been a bit dodgy but then the track would have sorted itself out.

What we couldn't understand is why they called it off so quickly when it started raining again and it only lasted for a minute at the most. I know for a fact that Belle Vue pair of Jason Crump and Charlie Gjedde were more then willing to ride, whilst negotiations were going on Jason Crump had actually gone to the spares van to buy some extra tear offs and couldn't believe it when he came back and that it had been called off!

The referee was bullied by just a couple of riders to call it off.

I agree, and probally being in the band of 'furthest travelled fans' feel just as robbed as you were of this. Couldnt even get money back on night if required which is a joke and have to write to BSPA instead. Jeez how long could that take someone. Lucky for me I can re use them at localler Super 7 meetings, which is fine for me, but disappointing for others who have to wait ages to see there money again.

Ah well after 4 posts of reaction to the meeting, myself on the night was happy as met up with a friend for the 1st time and she was the beaming light on a dull April night. See you again friend in the summer ;)

Edited by pcnorwood

Personally I would rather have it called off before the meeting, as it was, rather than watch them all slide round follow the leader style long enough for us to not be entitiled to a refund. I know they all have greater commitments than the EL best pairs, so no-one could expect them to give 100% especially on a track which did look pretty bad.

I agree that we should have been entitled to our money back there, but maybe there was nothing KL could do, afterall, we have to send our tickets to the BSPA to get a refund, not the Chapmans.

Highlight of the night, the big screen when Mike Bennett was interviewing fans and he was talking to one fan and there was a little boy in the background jumping up and down to be on the tv lol :lol:

Due to the way we travelled we had to stay over night and at no time that evening did it rain again.

Ah that's what I wanted to know ........................... call off not justified then, that minute shower made no difference to the track, did the riders take a vote on the abandonment?

JC has really let rip at Bjarne Pedersen in todays Bournemouth Echo

JC v BP

I trust that all the Jason Crump knockers have noted that although Mr Chapman says he has little respect for Elite League riders is thinks that the 2 times world champion is an exception.

Jonathan Chapman shouting the odds again :rolleyes:

What a berk. Surely the riders would know wqhether the track was safe or not? If there is any doubt the meeting shouldn't go ahead. As if we don't get enough injuries already.

Also the following is an absolutely disgraceful comment to make, what a twit.

"I have no time for Elite League riders, they are all prima donnas, although Jason Crump is one exception in my eyes."

Edited by Blazeaway

Ah that's what I wanted to know ........................... call off not justified then, that minute shower made no difference to the track, did the riders take a vote on the abandonment?

Trees - I cant find the original post that you used as a quote so Im using your post only sorry.

I actually dispute that the person said there was no further rain.

We went back the the Brewers fayre pub for dessert once the meeting was called off. We were in there for about 1 hour and whilst we were there it rained again and as we started our journey home for the first 15 - 20 minutes we had our wipers on double speed.

I know showers can be isolated but as we came out of the pub we all said - right decision.

What a berk. Surely the riders would know wqhether the track was safe or not? If there is any doubt the meeting shouldn't go ahead. As if we don't get enough injuries already.

Also the following is an absolutely disgraceful comment to make, what a twit.

"I have no time for Elite League riders, they are all prima donnas, although Jason Crump is one exception in my eyes."

And that last sentence speaks volumes - he should stick to Premier League racing if that is what he thinks!!

Maybe that should read " I cant bully them into doing what I want"

Am i right in thinking this meeting is now unlikely to be re-staged @ Lynn with all that has been said recently?

Edited by colincooke

Am i right in thinking this meeting is now unlikely to be re-staged @ Lynn with all that has been said recently?

I have heard meeting unlikely to be re-staged. Whether this is to do with what has been said or not I don't know.

It seems that way to me also,looks like i'll be using the ticket when i'm at Somerset the day before the GP.

i wonder if JC had a go at leigh adams about being only interested in the money not the paying public as according to him leigh was the other rider who tried to get it called off as well. unless he just saved his rant for bjarne.

Edited by lisa-colette

i wonder if JC had a go at leigh adams about being only interested in the money not the paying public as according to him leigh was the other rider who tried to get it called off as well. unless he just saved his rant for bjarne.

I'm sure leigh would have been quaking in his boots if JC was ranting at him NOT