British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
janey2

Slovenia (where To Stay)

does anybody know if there are any hotels in krsko, and if so can they give me the details. Not sure where we are going to fly into, ljbjluna is now £500 for the two of us with easy jet, zagreb is about £280 with wizz and Trieste is £84 with ryanair if anyone has done the last route would be interested to know how easy the drive would be. Also if there are any other airports that are driveable. Thanks for the help. jane

does anybody know if there are any hotels in krsko, and if so can they give me the details. Not sure where we are going to fly into, ljbjluna is now £500 for the two of us with easy jet, zagreb is about £280 with wizz and Trieste is £84 with ryanair if anyone has done the last route would be interested to know how easy the drive would be. Also if there are any other airports that are driveable. Thanks for the help. jane

We did it from Trieste last year and it was fine, off top of my head took 1 hour and 20 mins from Trieste to Ljubljana (lots of hotels) and about 1 hour 30 mins from Ljubljana to Krsko. Roads are very good now in Slovenia, nearly dual carriageway all the way, couple of tolls but petrol is very cheap. If you want any directions send me a PM.

Trieste to Krsko is pretty easy as there is a highway along almost all the route. From Trieste head to the Slovenian border (the Fernetici border crossing) and then straight to Ljubljana. At Ljubljana use the southern part of Ljubljana ring into Zagreb-Novo Mesto direction. And then just keep to the main road (most of it is highway, but some parts are missing so you'll be directed to the normal roads). But no problem about that as there is only one way to go, just keep driving to the Zagreb direction. Once in a Krsko region, highway exits for Krsko are well visible and you'll have no problem getting into the city. Once there, stadium will be on your right side.

Trieste to Krsko is around 190km, and highway tolls in Slovenia will cost just over 6 euros.

Petrol prices:

Super Plus 98: 1,072 EUR/L

Eurosuper 95: 1,058 EUR/L

Primadiesel: 1,113 EUR/L

See below for a map of Slovenia with Trieste, Ljubljana and Krsko nicely visible:

map.gif

Edited by tomazpozrl

Does anyone have a plan for the stadium. The online ticket site doesn't seem to. I am trying to book tickets for the Dryml touring party........look out for them Sandie !

Does anyone have a plan for the stadium. The online ticket site doesn't seem to. I am trying to book tickets for the Dryml touring party........look out for them Sandie !

Ecellent Chris - I certainly will and thanks to Tomaz I finally sorted out my tickets at the weekend.

Thanks for your help Tomaz - we will be sat in the stand, see you all there :lol:

I've driven through Slovenia en route from Vienna to Croatia. Close to the Austrian border is a beautiful little town: Lake Bled. Anyone visiting Slovenia who has a chance to spend a few hours there would find it most rewarding.

I've also driven from Zagreb Airport, but heading south. Access in and out of the arport is easy, and the Croatian motorways are of a very high standard.

We are staying at Terme Catez but need to organize transport to and from the stadium. We thought about booking a taxi through the hotel but wondered if anyone else had any ideas or plans we could share.

We are staying at Terme Catez but need to organize transport to and from the stadium. We thought about booking a taxi through the hotel but wondered if anyone else had any ideas or plans we could share.

See you there Mojo. :lol:

And our GP tickets arrived today (thats Queen Bee and me) - darn good service and thanks Tomaz for your assistance.

u can also try this hotel, this one is in the center of Krsko. If they wont return your emails, i can call them, an let u know.

http://www.city-hotel.si/En/homeSi.htm

somebody mention Bled

http://www.slovenia.info/en/-ctg-kraji/Ble...=2519&lng=2

but in my opinion, Bohinj is better :)

http://www.slovenia.info/en/-ctg-kraji/Boh...=2507&lng=2

see ya in Krsko ...

started to get things sorted for this trip.

Im okay on the currency for Slovenia as that appears to be Euro's but as we are flying into Zagreb it appears the currency in Croatia is the Kuna.

The only time I think we will need money in Croatia is at the airport to buy drinks once through customs etc, or if we get delayed airside. (If its landside then the ATM's will take a hit)

Anyone know if they take both in the airport - Kuna and Euros? :)

thanks

started to get things sorted for this trip.

Im okay on the currency for Slovenia as that appears to be Euro's but as we are flying into Zagreb it appears the currency in Croatia is the Kuna.

The only time I think we will need money in Croatia is at the airport to buy drinks once through customs etc, or if we get delayed airside. (If its landside then the ATM's will take a hit)

Anyone know if they take both in the airport - Kuna and Euros? :)

thanks

Hi Sandie

As you're flying into Zagreb you'll need Croatian money for the airport. They definately weren't interested in Euro when I was last there in 2006. There's an ATM at the far end of the airport building down by Departures.

If you're staying at Terme Catez you'll need Slovenian (SIT), again there's plenty of ATMs on the complex.

The only time you'll be able to spend Euro is at the track, as tickets and programmes will be sold in Euro but stuff like souvenirs, food & drink will be SIT

Hope that helps

Cheers

Pete