British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Wayne Briggs

Hi Railway End- I think I used to stand on the opposite side from you, I know after a couple of years they changed where the starting gate was-I reckon you must have been on the side where there was glass fronted bar(a club you had to pay to get in) upstairs above the terrace.I was at the side where there was seating and then a bar behind the stand(separate little building)-I even joined the Newport County Supporters Club to get in.Great days-I even liked Whitbread Trophy beer then-aaagh!!! I recall when Wayne Briggs came with Edinburgh in Prov. Lge.-it was the second meeting I ever saw-Wasps won 42-36 I think(July 1964??).They were a good team , and good as Wayne was I reckon George Hunter was the star of that team

That’s interesting Peterh7 now can you tell BOBBATH and myself where Bob Hughes Is living Lol.

Sorry I haven't got information about Bob Hughes.

He rode in 6 ( 3 home and 3 away), averaging 4.42

Frigbo, could you give me Wayne's averages for the other years he rode? I have 7.83 for 1967 and 6.39 for 1969.

And would anyone know his date of birth?

thanks

Peter

Whatever happened to Wayne-great PL rider-came 2nd I think in 1963 PL RC-is he still around??

He now lives in Spain, he moved there a couple of years ago permanently as he and Theresa had a house there for a number of years. He was very well the last time I saw him before he went to spain.