British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cecil789

tonights gp

Was it just me, or were there others who were bored witless last night?! I don't know whether it's because I knew it wasn't live - although I didn't know the result - but with one or two notable exceptions, the racing seemed poor and there didn't appear to be much atmosphere - at least coming over on the TV?!

And why the hell did we end up with the 'nightmare team' commentating? Last week we had Pearson (who I don't like much BUT he's better than Millard) and Chris Louis (who's very good) - this week we end up with Mr Cliche Millard and Kelvin 'Ummmm' Tatum!!!

Well done to Ryan and to Scott but I was personally disappointed that Leigh Adams didn't win it! I'm glad to see he's leapfrogged over TRick and Pedersen - albeit by one point - but I would really love this guy to win the title!!!

And as for 'dummy-spitter' Crump again!!! :roll: :roll: :shock: I couldn't believe it when he shoved Neil Street away on his way back into the pits. He really needs to learn to respect his elders and stop behaving like a spoilt brat!!! :shock: :twisted: :x

Did anyone notice Crumpies rear wheel disk just before tapes in the final ?

It was way out of shape, vibrating all over the place and looked to have dropped somewhat from the centre of his wheel.

I noticed that to, it seemed as if it had dropped and as he let the clutch go the back wheel just did not spin and all jammed up :roll:

Well done Scotty certainly is now a genuine gp winner and I really hope he wins one of the last 3. It is certainly the most open championship and will go to the wire.

Guest Pinstripe2k3

And that comment when Bo Brhel was out and 3 riders in the race,Andersen,Lyons and Protasawicz, Millard says round the outside goes Jason Lyons - whats he on about - Lyons was well back!

My race of the night was Ljung,Kylmakorpi,Ruud and Ronni Pedersens race!

Was it just me, or were there others who were bored witless last night?! I don't know whether it's because I knew it wasn't live - although I didn't know the result - but with one or two notable exceptions, the racing seemed poor and there didn't appear to be much atmosphere - at least coming over on the TV?!

And why the hell did we end up with the 'nightmare team' commentating? Last week we had Pearson (who I don't like much BUT he's better than Millard) and Chris Louis (who's very good) - this week we end up with Mr Cliche Millard and Kelvin 'Ummmm' Tatum!!!

Well done to Ryan and to Scott but I was personally disappointed that Leigh Adams didn't win it! I'm glad to see he's leapfrogged over TRick and Pedersen - albeit by one point - but I would really love this guy to win the title!!!

And as for 'dummy-spitter' Crump again!!! :roll: :roll: :shock: I couldn't believe it when he shoved Neil Street away on his way back into the pits. He really needs to learn to respect his elders and stop behaving like a spoilt brat!!! :shock: :twisted: :x

I totally agree. I thought that the racing was pants. I am getting fed up with these temporary tracks. I used to go to all the GP's and now I only choose the ones that are raced on proper tracks, which isn't many now. Think back to last year and the GP at Gothenburg was also pants, no racing, and riders split by seconds over the line. Interviews with the riders saying that the track was "the same for everyone", isn't good enough. I know they were comparing the track to last Sat, but as far as I'm concerned, it just wasn't up to scratch. And before anyone says I'm biases, I don't have a favourite rider. I just want to see good speedway, which I'm affraid BSI are robbing us of. Slovenia, this year and Bydgosczc last year show just what the riders can do... All GP's should be like those.

As far as Grumpy was concerned, I also agree. What a brat. He is probably one of the most miserable, unfriendly riders in our sport and he really should grow up. It's great to be determined, but get a life Crump.

Was it just me, or were there others who were bored witless last night?!

I was bored witless this morning if that counts!

Did you get to see the usual 3 hours on Extra? Luckily we on NTL only had to put up with two. I counted four good races out of the 25 - heats 6, 9, 15 and 21.

And as for 'dummy-spitter' Crump again!!! I couldn't believe it when he shoved Neil Street away on his way back into the pits.

I was shocked to see Crumpie push his Grandad away when he gave him a comforting pat on the back. What a complete and utter spoilt brat he is.

If my Grandson did that to me I would give him a clip round the ear! :P

I agree, very poor meeting. Only the 2 hours on SSE Gem, just as well doubt if anybody would have lasted three. Feel sorry for those people who travelled back again to watch it.

Great result for Scott he really deserves to get a win before the seasons out. And yes Crumpy did it again, will any of his few fans be able to defend him this time? :P

I was bored too, I was going to say bored witless but I'm sure some would say I ain't got any anyway :D

The only good thing about last night is it has closed up the overall standings but as a speedway meeting it was a non starter :-(

I'm pleased there were only 2 hours of it and for once we nearly managed to watch a GP without being force fed "British is best". No objections when they are, as Scott was last night, but it does get mighty tiresome at times.

Guest JY2003

Kelvin Twatum didnt know what the **** he was going on aboit,he said Rickardsson in one race and he wasnt even in that race! Kelvin get ya eyes tested! Was very boring!

Pleased for the main man tonight, he deserves it and despite saying he is fully fit, you should have a look at his arm sometime.......as for Mr Shovelar saying he's boring, perlease. Leigh Adams. Now he's boring. Anyone catch the 'don't do that' when Ryan tried to put champagne down his neck!!!

Though Mr Andersen did well tonight, yup I know he rode his luck, but he ain't had much this season so far.

Suli-van is nowt but a gating tart, at least adams and crump can pass

Suli-van is nowt but a gating tart, at least adams and crump can pass

if he can gate then he wont need to pass because he'll be in front anyway! :P

Well done Scotty :D:)

Scott is now coming of age in the gp's and another great result for the HotShot Scott Nicholls! ;)

It's good that a Brit is going so well, now he is in that top 10 with 3 more rounds to go.

When they was at tapes for the final and Scott had gate 1 i thought he was going to pop out of the start and win his first gp but second is very good, BIG 20 points!

It's gonna go right to the last round this year very wide open championship!

I think Crump was very angry with his bike stopping in the final,owell nevermind :P

It's good to have a Brit in the top ten, lets hope Scotty can get further up the leader board.

Probably one of the most boring GPs in a long time - glad I didn't waste a Saturday evening sitting through it! :roll:

Great result for Scotty - he's definitely not far away from a win. How many times has he made the final this year? Dead pleased for the guy - a true pro on track and in front of the cameras. 8)

I too was bored. I thought the track was awful again, although it would appear that they'd had quite a bit of rain. The distance between the riders first and last past the flag in some of yesterdays heats was a joke, and I thought the track rutted up badly after the first few heats.

To me, the GP's lately are all spin and no substance. Get them in the fancy, sponsor festooned stadiums, let off some fireworks and flares, play disco music, get Suzie Quattro along (or the chap who did yesterdays gig), accompany it by some flash PR (the 'Fans GP', whats all that about?) and there you have it - the SGP. Don't worry about the fact that the the tracks consistently fall way below standard or that despite having the top riders in the world you can count the amount of decent races on one hand.

All I could think of was that I could have watched Cov. V. Peterborough tonight.