British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cecil789

tonights gp

Thanks for telling me what I missed -

I fell asleep :oops:

Did anyone notice Crumpies rear wheel disk just before tapes in the final ?

It was way out of shape, vibrating all over the place and looked to have dropped somewhat from the centre of his wheel.

I know some riders set them up so that they do not rotate with the wheel (Havvy and Sean Wilson I think) but wasn't aware that Crumpie set his up in that way. So if not, was this the cause of his stoppage as the tapes rose ? Mechanical failure, or not tightened up properly during tyre change ? Or was it something completely unrelated - again he did not look happy.

Adding up Slovenia when he had an EF in the semi on the last lap when set for a final place (fuel I think - lack of) and possibly more points in tonights final if he'd have got away from the tapes, then it would be even closer at the top than it is currently. I'm sure that the missed points could prove costly in the final reckoning.

I guess thats another mechanic that will have got left at the track and no hotel room.

I saw the rear spoiler had come off and it also looked like there was a second sprocket left on the wheel behind the spoiler, as Jason pushed the bike onto the center I thought I could see it hanging down.

Only able to watch on TV this week, no way going all the way back to Gothenburg and thank goodness I did not. Whilst track was marginally better, they might just as well have carried on with things the week before. Will they sack Ole now, even he cannot prepare a good one off track. On the night Leigh Adams should have won, or even Scott, but certainly not Ryan. The GPs are too much of a lottery, Leigh did not stand a chance of Gate 3. It is time they went back to the old World Final formula, were riders meet each other at least at least once, and have to ride of each gate at some stage.. How can you possibly say at the end of it all we have a World Champion

Only able to watch on TV this week, no way going all the way back to Gothenburg and thank goodness I did not. Whilst track was marginally better, they might just as well have carried on with things the week before. Will they sack Ole now, even he cannot prepare a good one off track. On the night Leigh Adams should have won, or even Scott, but certainly not Ryan. The GPs are too much of a lottery, Leigh did not stand a chance of Gate 3. It is time they went back to the old World Final formula, were riders meet each other at least at least once, and have to ride of each gate at some stage.. How can you possibly say at the end of it all we have a World Champion

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :x :x

I think Sullivan deserved to win , even if it was only for me ( i had him at 14/1 :D ) Seriously though I was wondering if anybody knew if that was the first time ever a rider in the 1st heat of the meeting went onto win the GP. Im sure somebody will know the answer

What a total snooze fest Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from about four races it was intensely boring. Glad I had wait an extra week for it. :roll:

Well done to Ryan, Scott and Leigh. I do feel bad for Jason, but his attitude stinks when things go wrong. Tony's attitude was totally proffessional as always, and Jason could learn a lot from him.

Don't know what Tony's problem was, because he appeared fit enough. He even said in the interview he felt fine, but perhaps not quite match fit. Nicki was clearly there to pick up whatever he could. I though he did a decent job, and is happy to have limited the damage done tohis position overall.

Most disappointed rider is surely Hancock. It was a hell of an opportunity for Greg to get himself right in the mix at the top. He's left himself too much to do now, unless he can win a couple.

Did anyone else think the ref was pretty harsh on Brhel. Poor bloke didn't even have time to put fuel in. :roll: :evil:

;):P

Did anyone else think the ref was pretty harsh on Brhel. Poor bloke didn't even have time to put fuel in. :roll: :evil: ;):P

Yeah, I'd love to know how long the ref allowed for Bo between heats 4 & 5 :?

Guest Nuffsaid

Track was a disgrace...racing boring.....Scottie did us proud and Sullivan was back to his best...as for Rickardsson and Pedersen the former wasn't himself and the latter hadn't a clue how to race if he didn't make the gate.

Crumpie god bless him, his bad luck surely can't continue? and HE will be the next GP champion. As for Spitting the dummy? ...christ , do you blame him.....after the last two GPs the guy must have run over a dozen black cats!

Crumpie has been the quickest and most aggressive rider in the last two GPs and needs to make the next three GP finals and he's there IMHO.

Lets hope the Czech GP has some atmosphere and a decent track!

Im not surprised Crumpy was gutted!

Hed be MILES clear at the top by now if not for mechanical failiure!

The guy is by far the best rider in the world at the moment.........but running out of fuel(mechanic got sacked) and then a EF on the start line!

POOR JASON!

Crumpy should be the world champion...............theres no justice in the world if he doesnt! :x :x :x

POOR JASON!

Crumpy should be the world champion...............theres no justice in the world if he doesnt! :x :x :x

Can't agree with you,

If you employ a doomer who can't fill a fuel tank properly & your bikes don't get off the line, you just ain't upto the standard required to be a world champ.

Besides it would make a change for the nice guy to win, come on Leigh Adams!!! :D

Seriously though I was wondering if anybody knew if that was the first time ever a rider in the 1st heat of the meeting went onto win the GP. Im sure somebody will know the answer

How about Nicki's win in Chorzow last year? He defo came through the 1st round of races to win...dunno if it was heat 1 tho...