British Speedway Forum
Phil

Steve Johnston Speedway Testimonial - Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Great plug fom Jason Crump tonight at the Danish GP - In his first interview he gave the meeting a HUGE PLUG - date, time, location.

Well done Jason :lol:

Many thanks to the Testimonial Commitee along with Colin, for inviting us to do the presentation and disco for this meeting, in response to an offer we made upon the Testimonial launch.

Johno was a huge part of the treble winning side last season and it'll be nice to be back at Brandon for a Speedway Meeting this season. Plenty of Kevin Wilson ;) and Rosco's coming into the bar after the meeting to compere the auction.

Really looking forward to it and will be a great chance to get Brandon Bouncing again ! :)

Many thanks to the Testimonial Commitee along with Colin, for inviting us to do the presentation and disco for this meeting, in response to an offer we made upon the Testimonial launch.

Johno was a huge part of the treble winning side last season and it'll be nice to be back at Brandon for a Speedway Meeting this season. Plenty of Kevin Wilson ;) and Rosco's coming into the bar after the meeting to compere the auction.

Really looking forward to it and will be a great chance to get Brandon Bouncing again ! :)

fan bl**dy tastic!!!! :lol::lol::o

Gutted that I can't make this event. Apologies if this has been asked / answered elsewhere but will the meeting be available on dvd?

Gutted that I can't make this event. Apologies if this has been asked / answered elsewhere but will the meeting be available on dvd?

Vic - I am not 100% certain but I very much suspect that Clean Cut will be filming this.

Pete will no doubt confirm later.

S

Hi there, does anyone know what the entrance costs are for Sunday? I'm sorry if it's already on here somewhere but I must've missed it.

I understand that Rerun Video are doing it.

Hi there, does anyone know what the entrance costs are for Sunday? I'm sorry if it's already on here somewhere but I must've missed it.

Looks like the Coventry website is down at the moment so I can't check but I think it is the usual prices that you pay for a league match.

*******PRESS RELEASE******

THE JOHNO TESTIMONIAL: Coventry, 22nd June 2008, 1pm

Poole’s Aussie DAVEY WATT has stepped in to the Steve Johnston testimonial following the enforced withdrawal of Billy Janniro.

Johno said “I’m very grateful to Davey, fair play to him for coming in at this stage so that we have a top class replacement. As I said to Dave, I would have liked him in originally but I was trying to have as many current Coventry riders, or riders I won the league last year with, in the meeting.

“But I’ve been very lucky that Davey has agreed. He’s a team mate of mine in Sweden and we have travelled a lot together over there. I’ve known him since before he came over, when he was a mechanic for one of the top riders in the Tapp series.”

Janniro’s withdrawal follows a crash riding for Coventry at Belle Vue on Monday. He has had stitches in a wound and may be doubtful for his World Championship event on Saturday – though he will definitely be attending the Testimonial.

FULL FIELD: LEIGH ADAMS, SCOTT NICHOLLS, JASON CRUMP, LINUS SUNDSTROM, TAI WOFFINDEN, JOE SCREEN, FREDDIE LINDGREN, DAVID HOWE, MIKAEL MAX, RORY SCHLEIN, JASON LYONS, DAVEY WATT, STEVE JOHNSTON, CARL STONEHEWER, CAMERON WOODWARD, SIMON STEAD. MAESTRO MATCH RACES – SAM ERMOLENKO v RONNIE CORREY. DEMONSTRATION RIDE BY PETER COLLINS.

*****END*****

Poor Billy

Looks like the Coventry website is down at the moment so I can't check but I think it is the usual prices that you pay for a league match.

Thanks Gemini - I had a look on the Bees website but couldn't find it so maybe it will be just the same. :)

A Bit of a Longshot Maybe But.......

Are there any forum members going to Johno's big day on Sunday by car from Kent / Surrey / London and who have a spare seat that this little 'un might very gratefully take advantage of? The reason for my request is that there are engineering works on the railway and, given that, it looks as if it might take me nigh on four hours (or even more!) to get to Brandon by public transport.

If there is anyone who might be able to help then please either PM me or phone on 07774 935468.

Cheers

Bryn

Edited by Bryn

Not tryin' ta weasel outta yer free shave, perchance, Brynbach? :unsure:

Interesting to see the meeting's being filmed by Clean Cut. :blink::lol: