British Speedway Forum

Word going around and quoted on another site is that gillman wont be running an australian title round this coming season.

Would be a shame as it normally produces good racing.

Poses the question as to who would or could take it on.

Junior

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Interesting if true. Gillman I reckon is the best all round package for racing, viewing, and track condition and is professionally run. Who could / would take it on if Gillman pulled out ? Mt Gambier is out too and that wouldn't leave many regular speedway tracks left with the capability to host a round. Back to Gosford maybe ? Tamworth is a bit too too far off the beaten track I think, Labrador I believe have said they don't want a round, Pinjar Park is too short, Murray Bridge is all clay now I hear, Undera has had it's problems the last couple of seasons, and both Broadford and Nepean haven't got lights and are a wee bit too basic.

Tappy might have to try to pull another rabbit out of his hat similar to Mt Gambier and see if he can get another car track to make the conversion to a non clay surface for one night only, or maybe look at the Ekka in Brisbane, Wayville Showgrounds in Adelaide, or somewhere like Rockhampton or Ayr ?

If the worst came to the worst they could always drop back to a three round series ? From memory in the five years its been run as a series it's been a three (2004), four (2005), four (2006), five (2007), and five (2008) round championship.

The Gillman decision does seem a strange one considering the club have made big efforts to enhance facilities. The crowd seemed pretty strong this year, and i'm led to believe it was even better in 2007.

I'd imagine Sydney Showground will still be on the calendar after the superb night that concluded the series this year.

Probably not likely, but it would be fantastic if someone took a risk and promoted a round at the Perth motoplex.

Hopefully just another idle rumour put about by people with too much time on their hands - nothing on the Gillman site about it. Where did you pick this one up, Junior? The Gillman round is always a high spot, and Tappy holds it in high regard.

PS Anywhere but Gosford Lunchy - its got no bar and all you can see is the tops of peoples' helmets! Got some interesting Nightspots but! :wink:

Edited by BigFatDave

i highly doubt it some1 musthave the rags over something and they are just saying it!

Gillman needs the aussie title 2 keep teh money comign through the gate!

Speedway bikes australia BFD.

Junior

Speedway bikes australia BFD.

Junior

Ta M8! PS didn't see ya at the Sidecars, JF, did you make it?

i highly doubt it some1 musthave the rags over something and they are just saying it!

Gillman needs the aussie title 2 keep teh money comign through the gate!

My sentiments entirely, sEdgY2. BTW, on your World Tour will you be takin' in Jonno's Testicamonial, along with all the other meetings you'll no doubt wangle yerself into? :blink: Planning to do any riding or just partying on? :wink:

Regards, Jealous-as-all-****, Darwin. :lol:

haha nah i will be doing a fair bit of riding through swindon

yeah johnos testimonial hopefully some1 pulls out and i mite get a race jacket haha

Ta M8! PS didn't see ya at the Sidecars, JF, did you make it?

My sentiments entirely, sEdgY2. BTW, on your World Tour will you be takin' in Jonno's Testicamonial, along with all the other meetings you'll no doubt wangle yerself into? :blink: Planning to do any riding or just partying on? :wink:

Regards, Jealous-as-all-****, Darwin. :lol:

yeah johnos testimonial hopefully some1 pulls out and i mite get a race jacket haha

Johno's testi's gonna be great - especially if you lot bring Bundy Sedgy! :wink: Same thing applies to a certain 'speedway dad' - I take it that he's coming too? :rolleyes:

As for the Aussie title, will certainly be interestin to see what happens now IF DP has said "no way Jose!" when it comes to Gilly! :blink:

Edited by Bryn

Gillman needs the aussie title 2 keep teh money comign through the gate!\\

Wonder who that could be, mmmm, no cant guess.

Junior

Dont know anything about this some of the info on that site can be a bit aaarrrr pre mature!

( not that type of pre mature BFD!)

I do know that the club not make a huge profit by the time fees to the promotor ect are paid might be some hard negotiations taking place.

We will just have to wait and see!

Murray Bridge could put there hand up they would have to change the track surface.

Not such a bad thing 5 mins from my place!

Yes you lot there is plenty of room here!

Damm Cold for the NT crowd!

What about Boycey's Farewell Meeting at Poole on 25th June? Are you going to take that in as well? I hope so!! :lol:

could do

What about Boycey's Farewell Meeting at Poole on 25th June? Are you going to take that in as well? I hope so!! :lol:

Book your deck chair hire early!

99.9% Gillman will have a round of the Aust Champs!

Edited by spiderweb

Book your deck chair hire early!

99.9% Gillman will have a round of the Aust Champs!

So much for rumour-mongerers - couldn't see the best track in Oz missing out. :approve:

I'll have an extra-large recliner at the top of turn two please! :rolleyes: