British Speedway Forum
Blazeaway

Live Polish Speedway On The Internet

Leszno-Gorzow finishes 45-45!

Terrific comeback by Gorzow after being 6 points down, thanks to some vintage Gollob and another great display from Thomas H Jonasson, who is defintely making good progress this year.

Great last heat as Adams takes Gollob, and Hampel gets 3rd to secure the home team a draw.

Most enjoyable meeting - thank you Sopcast!

Dons rule OK?

Some meeting at Leszno. Gollob was all over the shop in Heat 15 - Jonasson the most entertaining rider.

Defo, shame he doesn't ride over here. :wink:

But Leszno secure a draw with two 4-2's in the last two heats. Heat 15 a classic between Gollob and Leigh at the front and Hampel and PK for third what a race. Wonder how many times we'll say that tomorrow during the usual Monday night snoozefest. :neutral:

Yes.Watched about 5 or 6 EL meetings so far and without exception all have been sh#te :rolleyes:

I just came back from Grudziadz, where Polonia Bydgoszcz smashed hosts 55:35 :-) Today evening, about 8 or 9 PM [7 or 8 UK time] match from Grudziadz will be available on www.itv24.com.pl - worth to watch.

Especially fantastic display of Andreas Jonsson, which in Heat 13 came from 4th to 1st :-) Give it to Nigel and Kevin or other Sky Sports` reporters :-)

I watched the Rzeszow versus Zielona Gora meeting - Falubaz were certainly pushing their luck at the starts and a couple of their riders were caught out touching the tapes. But, apart from that, they prospered at the starts and Rzeszow could do nothing about it. An abject display from Rzeszow, who just offered nothing. The global superstar was pathetic. But he wasn't alone. Bjerre was useless and Watt was worse than that.

Watched the Torun v czestochowa match one of the worst i have even seen ,every heat from the gate ........Jagus and sullivan might as well have stayed in denmark .

Especially fantastic display of Andreas Jonsson, which in Heat 13 came from 4th to 1st :-) Give it to Nigel and Kevin or other Sky Sports` reporters :-)

Great stuff indeed :D

Yeh, great race from Jonsson - going very wide on 3 and 4 and then on 1 and 2 to pass Jacek Gollob and then Mroczka. When i was watching the updates i was surprised to see Bydgoszcz have such a poor start with 2 5-1s against them in the opening 2 heats.

A decent meeting, not the best i have watched involving Bydgoszcz but some close racing and some good passing. Also, what was happening when the police were shown? Crowd trouble?

Also, what was happening when the police were shown? Crowd trouble?

Probably local derby you see. Polonia fans need some targets whilst they wait for Torun next season. :wink:

Probably local derby you see. Polonia fans need some targets whilst they wait for Torun next season. :wink:

Ah right, yeh. Assumed as much when trying to work out some of the words on the Polish sites - think most kept coming up with 'derby day' in their meeting preview titles.

Ah right, yeh. Assumed as much when trying to work out some of the words on the Polish sites - think most kept coming up with 'derby day' in their meeting preview titles.

It's a 'derby day' which Torun fans like to remind Bydgoszcz of. Upon Polonia's relegation, Torun fans sung 'your derby is with Grudziadz, your derby is with Grudziadz'. GTZ Grudziadz are of course the Liga I strugglers. Torun I think proudly boast an incredible record in the top division. I say this with extreme caution, I don't think they have ever rode in the second tier of Polish Speedway.

It's a 'derby day' which Torun fans like to remind Bydgoszcz of. Upon Polonia's relegation, Torun fans sung 'your derby is with Grudziadz, your derby is with Grudziadz'. GTZ Grudziadz are of course the Liga I strugglers. Torun I think proudly boast an incredible record in the top division. I say this with extreme caution, I don't think they have ever rode in the second tier of Polish Speedway.

Headline i was talking about:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2008/07/...goszcz-relacja/

Edited by marron

NO, no. In the break between heats 7 and 8 some stupid hooligans....."animals"? [sorry to all animals]...

They screamed "Widzew LODZ" and they came not to watch speedway they just wanted to do some mess [you know what I mean], but Police security didn`t let them do this and they went home soon.

I don`t know and I don`t see any similarity between Football team Widzew Lodz and Speedway team GTZ Grudziadz, but one of Grudziadz fan told me the story:

Those...prehistoric creatures were from Grudziadz and were speedway fans someday and footbal team of Lodz as well. They were supporting both clubs equally. But when original Widzew Lodz fans [from Lodz] dealed with Ruch Chodzow fans as "football friends", fans of Widzew Lodz from Grudziadz said: f...k speedway only football.... Why? Because Chodzow fans have a deal of friendship witch....Apator Torun Fans...Ind that was the reason of Grudziadz fans to not support Grudziadz team, and beat all opponents....Stupid isn`t it?

So, That`s why no one in Pomerian area doesn`t like Torun and all of them [Wloclawek, Bydgoszcz, Inowroclaw, Chelmno and many other cities] call them Teutonic sh...t sometimes.

Mateusz or Mama can make this problem closer

Edited by Lawrence

Those...prehistoric creatures were from Grudziadz and were speedway fans someday and footbal team of Lodz as well. They were supporting both clubs equally. But when original Widzew Lodz fans [from Lodz] dealed with Ruch Chodzow fans as "football friends", fans of Widzew Lodz from Grudziadz said: f...k speedway only football.... Why? Because Chodzow fans have a deal of friendship witch....Apator Torun Fans...Ind that was the reason of Grudziadz fans to not support Grudziadz team, and beat all opponents....Stupid isn`t it?

I am aware of the alliances hooligans make in Poland. Thanks for explaining the trouble on Sunday.