British Speedway Forum
Blazeaway

Live Polish Speedway On The Internet

Fingersfin, see the posts up above for Bydgoszcz's next fixtures against Grudziadz and Poznan. Both are matches that Polonia should win.

Just to remind Mateusz of what the Torun fans sung to me at the Under 21 final in Ostrow last year

"Derby with Grudziadz, you've got you're derby with Grudziadz". :lol:

While it may hurt, you've got to admit it's funny MK. I hope you enjoy the matches and Polonia bank the match points.

Rico :rolleyes:

Just to remind Mateusz of what the Torun fans sung to me at the Under 21 final in Ostrow last year

While it may hurt, you've got to admit it's funny MK. I hope you enjoy the matches and Polonia bank the match points.

The most important thing is that we still have the derby match and teutonics have to wait at least one year :P

BTW - if those fans were so funny just ask them "where Karolek is" :D

Edited by Mama

Fingersfin, see the posts up above for Bydgoszcz's next fixtures against Grudziadz and Poznan. Both are matches that Polonia should win.

:lol::lol:

I remember what the w@nkers sung. However, it doesn't feel like a derby match to me. There's only one proper derby and hopefully we'll have it next yr.

But so far I've been enjoying these Division 1 matches. Speedway is speedway and Polonia are my team, no matter where.

Nawet w 1 lidze Polonii sie nie wstydze!

:)

Exactly...The Real Derby match are Bydgoszcz v Torun, and the most fantastic atmosphere is when Polonia wins at Torun :-) Rico - You remember 17.06.2006 and last Polonia`s win @ Teutonic city [that doesn`t exists on any maps :D - Mateusz will explain what I mean :-)] you were watching this match on DVD...

BTW - Teutonics are being built new speedway stadium [about 15 000 sitting places]. If Polonia will get its promotoion to Extraleague, I wish to any Bydgoszcz fan that ride first match of 2009 season should be staged @ Torun. You know - new season, new stadium, new win for Torun...And then Polonia wins at new teutonic stadium and all Torun fans are disapointed and angry :-) TThe new speedway stadium is baptisted by Bydgoszcz team and fans :D

Exactly...The Real Derby match are Bydgoszcz v Torun, and the most fantastic atmosphere is when Polonia wins at Torun :-) Rico - You remember 17.06.2006 and last Polonia`s win @ Teutonic city [that doesn`t exists on any maps :D - Mateusz will explain what I mean :-)] you were watching this match on DVD...

BTW - Teutonics are being built new speedway stadium [about 15 000 sitting places]. If Polonia will get its promotoion to Extraleague, I wish to any Bydgoszcz fan that ride first match of 2009 season should be staged @ Torun. You know - new season, new stadium, new win for Torun...And then Polonia wins at new teutonic stadium and all Torun fans are disapointed and angry :-) TThe new speedway stadium is baptisted by Bydgoszcz team and fans :D

I'm going to upset the Bydgoszcz fans and I'm sorry for it, but didn't your city once have a Teutonic sounding name (Bromberg)?

I'm going to upset the Bydgoszcz fans and I'm sorry for it, but didn't your city once have a Teutonic sounding name (Bromberg)?

It did, like many Polish cities under the Prussia's occupation.

It doesn't upset me tho'.

Pleasant surprise in the final heat commentary: "Blizzard of consonants, blizzard of consonants.....Workington Comets....blizzard of consonants."

Love it!

Edited by Fourentee

I said : "Daniel Nermark records another fantastic night. Yesterday he scored 13 + 1 points during Premier Trophy match between Workington Comets and Glasgow Tigers that finished 60:32 for home riders, and now he leads in final heat to score another 3 points and win for Ostrow" :-)

I think I will speak to Darek to add an option with British subtitles :-)

As i'm now watching 2-3 Polish meetings per week i thought i'd ask a few questions 2 help bring me more up2 speed with this fantastic standard of racing.

The big talking point of this summer in England was the slashing of the points limit for this season. What's the score in Poland, is there a points limit & what is it??

Noted that in the 1st Div that there is 8 riders per team but presume they dont all have 2 ride as Bydgoszcz on sunday at Ostrow only used 7. Is there also a minimum number of rides they must have & do the averages come out once a month for example as surely Emil Sajfutdinov wont be at reserve 4 long as he must be near the top of the averages now?? Simon Stead however cud be a useful rsv if he drops down.

Sorry 4 all the questions but as i'm getting in2 it now then i thought i'd double check a few things!! Plenty more 2 follow no doubt as well!

Reserves in Poland must be u-21 riders, they stay there for the season. There is no minimum ride rule in Poland, in fact it's quite common for riders to not even get a race.

I must agree, watcing this stuff just shows how poor British Speedway really is. Although having said that, the ELiga teams look less evenly balanced than normal this year, with Tarnow particularly gash!

Riders like Bjarne Pedersen, Andreas Jonsson and Chris Harris in the 2nd division shows how Promotion and Relegation can work if the infrastructure is in place.

Edited by frigbo

I said : "Daniel Nermark records another fantastic night. Yesterday he scored 13 + 1 points during Premier Trophy match between Workington Comets and Glasgow Tigers that finished 60:32 for home riders, and now he leads in final heat to score another 3 points and win for Ostrow" :-)

I think I will speak to Darek to add an option with British subtitles :-)

Nah, just give me a ring and stream live commentary to my phone! Seriously, though, an excellent highlights package. Decent camerawork, the heats follow on quickly without too much faffing about and I'm sure the commentary is fine! Any chance of a scorechart (I was bumped off the computer pretty much as soon as the last heat finished, so I'm assuming there wasn't one before the end titles)?

I think they bring up the total scores for each rider at the end, not how they got them.

e.g. Chris Harris 6 instead of Chris Harris 1 2 3 0

As i'm now watching 2-3 Polish meetings per week i thought i'd ask a few questions 2 help bring me more up2 speed with this fantastic standard of racing.

The big talking point of this summer in England was the slashing of the points limit for this season. What's the score in Poland, is there a points limit & what is it??

Noted that in the 1st Div that there is 8 riders per team but presume they dont all have 2 ride as Bydgoszcz on sunday at Ostrow only used 7. Is there also a minimum number of rides they must have & do the averages come out once a month for example as surely Emil Sajfutdinov wont be at reserve 4 long as he must be near the top of the averages now?? Simon Stead however cud be a useful rsv if he drops down.

Sorry 4 all the questions but as i'm getting in2 it now then i thought i'd double check a few things!! Plenty more 2 follow no doubt as well!

Okay, there is no points limit in Poland. And averages play no part in determining where riders are positioned in the team.

In Liga I there are eight man teams, Nos 1-5 (9-13 for the home team) may be any age, Nos 6-7 (14-15) and referred to as "juniors" must be aged 21 or under and No 8 (16) must be aged 23 or under. The No 8 (16) may replace any rider in the 1-5 at anytime, or, if the No 8 (16) is 21 or under, any rider at any time, up to a maximum number of rides (5, I think).

Since "Unsteady" is well past 21 years of age, he won't be allowed to drop down. And if he carries on the way he's going, he might find Zenon Plech dropping him from the Bydgoszcz team.