British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
driver17561

Slovenian Grand Prix

Tomek! Tomek G!! Tomek GOLLOB ole!!!

NIE MA LEPSZEGO OD TOMKA MISTRZA NASZEGO !!!

JESZCZE TEGO LATA TOMEK GOLLOB MISTRZEM SWIATA !!!

:D :D :D

MA TOYO DEGGREZ VOSTREM LATA KROBOZ!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Well done to Gollob. Was shaping up into a classic GP until the rain killed it stone dead.

But Nicki has stolen a huge march on his main rivals. Crump was pretty poor, and Adams may as well have not turned up. Who is going to challenge Pedersen? Gollob isn't consistent enough to last the pace. Crump was passed like he wasn't there. Jonsson? Andersen? Oh dear.

It's going to be oh so easy for him this year. Could be as dominant as TRick was a few years ago, and it might be all over by the 6th GP.

Lets hope a rider steps up their game to challenge him.

Just 2 words to say. Gate One. Gate One. Gate One. Boring.

Weather killed it. Before the rain it was a cracking meeting. Shame even before the rain the Brits were crap. Sooner we get some fresh blood coming through the better.

Up to now have always stayed away from P2P because of possible risks. However, it had seemed to be a really good GP. Therefore, i took the plunge and installed Sopcast within two minutes. Then i switched the feed to the VLC Player for the most amazing quality picture and sound with no glitches whatsoever.

I still wish Sky would make the SGP's available online. I'd still be first in the queue for such a service. Hopefully, their excellent live commentary page received lots of hits and will give them food for thought. Obviously, like many others i would love to be able to hear an english viewpoint on proceedings from a home based broadcast.

Hopefully, it will sink in that not everyone can be forced into subscribing to a Sky package, be it planning permission, reception difficulties or financial restraints lots of people don't or can't subscribe to Sky.

The Champions League internet coverage is soon to be increased to 15 out of the 16 matches on the Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Clearly, there is a market for their sports on the web.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Inside gate paradise!

Just done a quick tot up (so I could be wrong!) but of the 23 races, 11 were won out of gate one, 10 out of gate 2, and 1 each for gates 3 & 4!!

Red scored 47 points, Blue 53 points, Yellow 24 points and white 14 points...

Ergo if you weren't in a red or blue hat you were knackered!

Both Crump and Adams only had one red and one blue ride (which they both scored 5 points for) each hence their low scores - I wouldn't write the Aussie pair of just quite yet!!!!

Edited by firestormdax

Up to now have always stayed away from P2P because of possible risks. However, it had seemed to be a really good GP. Therefore, i took the plunge and installed Sopcast within two minutes. Then i switched the feed to the VLC Player for the most amazing quality picture and sound with no glitches whatsoever.

Clever you.i just turned the tv on and hey presto,there it was. :lol:

Clever you.i just turned the tv on and hey presto,there it was. :lol:

?????

Can't get Sky where i am. Therefore, turning the tv on wouldn't have done much. Although, it obviously did once i fed the pc 'tv out' feed on to the much larger tv screen.

Inside gate paradise!

Just done a quick tot up (so I could be wrong!) but of the 23 races, 11 were won out of gate one, 10 out of gate 2, and 1 each for gates 3 & 4!!

Red scored 47 points, Blue 53 points, Yellow 24 points and white 14 points...

Ergo if you weren't in a red or blue hat you were knackered!

Both Crump and Adams only had one red and one blue ride (which they both scored 5 points for) each hence their low scores - I wouldn't write the Aussie pair of just quite yet!!!!

Have you bothered to work out which points were won from the gate, and which from the back?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cracking racing up to the rain spoiling it. At least I got one of predictions right. B. Pedersen to be passed more than any other rider. :lol:

The Brits need to learn to gate. On the pace but always chasing.

Impressed by Gollob (although the gates suited him after the rain), Dryml and PUK. Adams the worst on the night as one expects rather more than that. I expect AJ and Hans to build on this and be strong all season.

can anyone post the final standings please??

is it

gollob 19

nicki 17

hans 14

johnsson 12

crump 10

dryml 9

iversen 8

hancock 8

zagar 7

Lindgren 7

Nicholls 7

kasprzak 6

harris 6

adams 5

holta 5

b pedersen 4

in that order?? or...

Quite agree.

Points Scored

Gate 1 50pts

Gate 2 54pts

Gate 3 15pts

Gate 4 25pts

Also noticed how wet it was. They were able to ride the meeting so I can only

assume they have a different kind wet to Kings Lynn!!