British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
driver17561

Slovenian Grand Prix

Shocking stuff from the rider formerly known as Mr Clean; his meeting ended as soon as the rain came down. Rubbish. :cry:

His ole bottom lip did drop a bit didn't it, hidden underneath his brolly! :lol: :rolleyes:

Also noticed how wet it was. They were able to ride the meeting so I can only

assume they have a different kind wet to Kings Lynn!!

Exactly! Leigh was true to his word that he doesn't like riding in the wet though I guess ............ never saw any riders complaining to the ref and OO though!!

Exactly! Leigh was true to his word that he doesn't like riding in the wet though I guess ............ never saw any riders complaining to the ref and OO though!!

I thought when Nicki was interviewed he mentioned Jason said it was his place to do something being World Champ,so he asked for the track to be seen to.And from what he said it was,and it was better.Or did i miss-hear him? :unsure:

Just heard the IMG guy say that it will be an expanded series next year.Which will please you :lol:

Edited by iris123

Tomek Gollob is still good enough :D

He`s great :D I hope hw will take a victory at Leszno as well :D

BTW - 10 points was enough to win in regular event ! It shows how fantastic competition it was at Krsko :D

It also shows the points were spread around due to the imbalance of the gating positions. 85 were scored from red and blue to only 35 from white and yellow from the 20 Heats.

Nicholls & Harris are as good as any other GP riders after the first 20 metres, I believe this is almost every Brits problem and it stems from all our talent coming from a grasstrack background.

Also Scotty had the dreaded Number 3 draw. White, Yellow then White again in his first 3 races. Surely that is unfair everyone should have one from each colour in his first 4 races.

geez alot people are jumping around like teh already no who will be world champion for 2008!

Is it a one off world final know or something!

for god sake dunt rite off either Leigh or crumpy they are the only to that can beat nicki all the time!

I think that was the first time leigh has scored under 10 points in any meeting this year!

so dunt rite the two great aussies off yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The track last night was an inside gate paradise no matter what else folk may think.

The Brits didn't do so well cos the majority of their gates we're 3&4. Hans & Nicki we're the only one's that made that disadvantage work for them, & for that they get my applause.

Tomasz, i feel took full advantage of the position he found himself in. Having the inside gate when the rain came down won him the meeting. Disappointed with Scott in 19 that he didn't take that advantage fully.

I thought when Nicki was interviewed he mentioned Jason said it was his place to do something being World Champ,so he asked for the track to be seen to.And from what he said it was,and it was better.Or did i miss-hear him? :unsure:

Just heard the IMG guy say that it will be an expanded series next year.Which will please you :lol:

Correct, Nicki asked for workn to be done, it was and they were happy. On your second point excellent news. B)

I think that was the first time leigh has scored under 10 points in any meeting this year!

Thats the point we are all making, the first time Leigh does not ride well is in the first GP.

There was one nice touch though, Olsen tearing the front page off ‘The Star’ and putting it in a 50p frame off the market and presenting it to Gollob, marvelous.

:lol: :lol:

The performances of Nicki and Tomasz underlining the importance of riding in the British "Elite" League......

A crap meeting witch was red v blue in almost every heat .

Can't understand why adams did not try to get the meeting called off when it rained :rolleyes: should have walked round the track shakeing his head .

Yep. And you point is? :blink:

Perhaps that Bjarne is a serial GP failure. :wink:

Like many others I thought it was shaping up into a cracker before the rain came. Good to see Tomasz getting the win.

The bias towards the inside gates meant that the points were clustered up, will be interesting to see how things go in the next one. Lukas showed he can still motor round these continental circuits and he was good value when being interviewed.

I know it's old ground but Millard was absolutely on form last night as usual. Hans Christian Andersen in gate 1 of Heat 4, countless errors, the usual cliches and getting Bjarne and Puk mixed up in heat 20. Then banging on a about a countback between Puk and Zagar even though Puk had an extra point... When will Sky do the decent thing and give him his own show.

I was ready to start throwing things at the screen during heat 20 - Millard continued to believe that Bjarne was leading the race even after Kevin Tatum had pointed out that Iversen was at the front! I mean, how difficult is this - you've got only four riders, all easily identifiable by their colour-coded helmets. And still Millard screws up time and again. Would a football commentator who consistently referred to Rooney as 'Ronaldo' stay in his job? Of course not.

On the other hand, your idea of giving him his own show is inspired. I can see it now - Millard's Wide World of Sports; everything from beach volleyball to downhill skiing, all accompanied by hideously inaccurate commentary from someone who just hollers inanities when he can't thing of anything to say. Which is most of the time. I'd watch it!

Back to the GP - yes, the shower ruined it as a spectacle ultimately, but before that there was some cracking racing. As a Hans Andersen fan I was delighted to see the Dane (note to Millard - he's a speedway rider, not a writer of fairy tales) working the outside gates as well as anyone after he screwed up his only gate 1 ride. Certainly, Andersen's overtaking manoeuvre on lap 1 of heat 10 (an outrageous cutback that almost took two places at once) was the highlight of the meeting. After the shower, it was all about gate 1, unfortunately. Congratulations to Gollob, though - he had advantages due to gate positions, but made the most of it and held off Nicki well in the final.

I've got a good feeling about this GP series. I think we'll see lots of surprises

Perhaps that Bjarne is a serial GP failure. :wink:

Which is true. But it's also true that he qualified on merit. I didn't know why he bothered then and I still don't know now. He doesn't seem to bother in the GPs, so why the effort to qualify? Ah well, qualifying final in Zielona Gora not Vojens this season, so hopefully it's the last we'll see of him.