British Speedway Forum
skid row

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

I think it should be ENGLAND as ALL the riders are English, its just being politically correct in calling it team great britain,,

Try telling tennis player Andy murray that he is british and he will tell you he is Scottish and proud.

why dont the danes,norway & the swedes join together as team scandinavian

I think its wrong calling it team GB due to many reasons including its losing the English flag that is disapearing quicker than the titanic due to the political correct brigade.

Wasn't William Lawson named in the orginal squad of 12? Isn't he Scottish?

Cheers

Haywood

Between 1730-1800 at a guess.

Not a bad guess! Gates open at 5.30pm. :)

One wonders if the Brandon track will be ready in time for the SWC, given that stock cars last Saturday was run in torrential rain, it rained most of Monday, and has not stopped raining today, Colin Meredith must have a hurculean job on his hands getting it ready.

I know from speaking to Colin earlier in the week that the stox had reduced part of the second bend down to the bricks and when I was at the stadium on Monday there was a lake on bend one that had a group of wood pigeons bathing in it !

I fear for Fridays EL match at Brandon already. :sad:

and when I was at the stadium on Monday there was a lake on bend one that had a group of wood pigeons bathing in it....

Is that the best the Coventry management can do? Belle Vue have now got a pond and a water feature on their centre green. :D

One wonders if the Brandon track will be ready in time for the SWC, given that stock cars last Saturday was run in torrential rain, it rained most of Monday, and has not stopped raining today, Colin Meredith must have a hurculean job on his hands getting it ready.

I know from speaking to Colin earlier in the week that the stox had reduced part of the second bend down to the bricks and when I was at the stadium on Monday there was a lake on bend one that had a group of wood pigeons bathing in it !

I fear for Fridays EL match at Brandon already. :sad:

meridith and denmark have something in common, both love slick tracks, so i am sure the danes will have home advantage on monday.

Too true. :sad:

Denmark to win on Monday on an ultra slick track as usual and we might as well give the cup to the Danes now because with the final being in Denmark they're almost guaranteed to be champions.

Oh well....there is always next year when the final is being held at Coventry. Great Britain are bound to win then aren't they? :unsure: ..... :neutral:

why dont the danes,norway & the swedes join together as team scandinavian

:D The viking team....

Any way i was very close to not be able to come to coventry monday,i have had the most horrible day ever, just found out today i have been a victim of credit card fraud and lost over £1000 !!!!!!!!!!!!! this happent sometime during my stay in windsor and cardiff between 26th and 29th of june.................

Thank heaven the card system that monitor transaktions found it weird and blocked my card and send me a letter,but only after someone had taken 3x £100 and £200 on the same day and same cash machine...same amount on another cash machine else where on the same day somewhere in england whilst i was back in Denmark again...

I just got a new pc and havent been able to get on my netbank and see my account so i had no idea this had happent....

I am getting all the money back (but when???) as pr right now that bank account is almost empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was money saved for my holiday next week and later this month... :(:(

My bank will help me and let me take money out for holiday but still this is the worst nightmare ever...How the F*** it could happen and where i do not know ???....

P.s sorry to go off topic here,but i just had to get it out of my system:-(

Lis, I know how you feel, almost. A few days before Cardiff I went to pay for petrol with my card and it was refused, luckily I have another card i can use for another account. When I went to the bank the next day it turned out someone in Australia had tried to withdraw £600 form my account but rather than letting me know, the bank just stopped the card. They managed to send me a letter the day after I had been to the bank to let me know I had been in.

Seems banks are equally as useless all over the World.

It looks as if there'll be a change in the Czech Republic team for tonight, with Filip Sitera replacing Lukas Dryml:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2008/07/...juz-w-coventry/

Good that's another young talented rider to watch in action tonight , now all we need is for Tai Woffinden to replace Oliver Allen and we'll be sorted .

...now all we need is for Tai Woffinden to replace Oliver Allen and we'll be sorted .

Tried to deliver a crate load of Bannana skins for Steads pit area but Security on gate wouldn't allow me in. :angry:

I know you're all just trying to be funny, but don't you think now - the day of the actual meeting - is the time to get behind the boys??

I know you're all just trying to be funny, but don't you think now - the day of the actual meeting - is the time to get behind the boys??

Erm that is me getting behind the boys . Tai Woffinden is an exceptional talent and i would have him in the side ahead of Allen .

Erm that is me getting behind the boys . Tai Woffinden is an exceptional talent and i would have him in the side ahead of Allen .

How about getting behind the boys that are riding tonight?

It doesn't matter what we say on here today - Olly is riding ahead of Tai, and he's going to go out there and do his best for his country. Can't we just be supportive, for one day?

How about getting behind the boys that are riding tonight?

It doesn't matter what we say on here today - Olly is riding ahead of Tai, and he's going to go out there and do his best for his country. Can't we just be supportive, for one day?

Oh all right then . Come on Oliver :rolleyes: