British Speedway Forum
skid row

Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

I just feel , very strongly , that Tai Woffinden is the future of British speedway - much as Chris Holder is the future for the Australians . The Aussies weren't shy in blooding Holder early , so why the reluctance with Tai .

Allen is a decent enough journeyman second string , and i suppose the more home riders on view will help the crowd level . But Woffinden is going to be World class and the experience gained now will stand him in good stead .

Jim Lynch got so much of the plan correct in making sure that Ed and Tai race in Denmark but why oh why not tonight?? I can only assume that he is trying to qualify for the final which is pure folly for a nation that has no chance of winning in Vojens without having the advantage of fine tuning the setup in the race off

Think oursleves lucky that Tai is in the race-off even.

I heard someone saying that it was too soon to put him in such a big meeting so young.

I'm happy with what we're going with tonight, we'll see later if the decision JL has taken will be the correct one.

Denmark will cruise through tonight and win the Final.

GB to get through the race-off along with Poland.

Personally I can see us finishing last tonight. I think the Czechs will come out tonight like the Russians did the other night and impress. Apart from Nicholls and Harris, I think the other 3 will be pushed for every point.

ETA: Good luck to the PL reps tonight, our very own Daniel Nermark and Andrian Rymel. Come back safe Nermark!!

Edited by cometsfan2k4

Denmark will probably win like to see Britain do well but not sure the team is strong enough. Hopefully home advantage will help.

Looks like a small crowd to me. That could be because team GB is more or less only Coventry riders, and Cov fans have vanished this season.

Oh dear should have been at Poole or somewhere else other than Coventry.

Looks like a small crowd to me. That could be because team GB is more or less only Coventry riders, and Cov fans have vanished this season.

Oh dear should have been at Poole or somewhere else other than Coventry.

I thought the same when they had the high up shot, but when they moved it around the crowd, it still looked very healthy to me.

I thought the same when they had the high up shot, but when they moved it around the crowd, it still looked very healthy to me.

Perhaps and I hope so. First shots looked dreadful and a normal league gate.

If you can't get anything Barry, live updates are covering it and have all the banter as well at http://speedwayupdates.proboards103.com/in...2820&page=1

I know its not quite the same as watching it but its the next best thing

in my opinion, ales touched the tapes, and therefore should be excluded.

Totally agree.

Lynch should never, ever have picked Stead. Rubbish, rubbish effort. Kennett should have been in, anyone could have told him that.

Quite a few comments about the track being slick by the riders tonight, which begs the question why did we not prepare the track exactly how the British riders wanted it? You can be sure Vojens will be slick Saturday night, the Poles have their track how they wanted it last year so why do we never do the same?

If the track is how the British riders wanted it, judging by their performance so far tonight they have got it wrong.

Note: Even had it been different, I suspect the Danes would still be walking away with it, they are that good.

The comments about the track being slick on this thread are starting to get to me. British riders have been riding and learning their trade on slick tracks for donkeys, so why make excuses for them here?

Once it may have been true, when British riders learnt on on big grippy grasstracks but how many of the British team know anything about those?

There seems to be plenty of pride and motivation in the Swedish colors.

For everyone grumbling that Britain don't have the quality of riders to choose from...Look at the Swedes. They are no better, but their boys are clearly motivated and right up for the meeting.

Exactly, I am afraid I am starting to question the manager here. How can Stead and Allen be motivated when they're told, ride at home but we don't want you after that? Very dodgy management.

The Danes are all up for it, working like a team so I think national pride is there, but appearing lacking in the British pits tonight.