Swc Round 2 Coventry 14th July

This is so simple

No preparation

No investment

No high class tuning

No grass roots

Promoters with hands over their ears going 'lalalalalala'

............ and no immediate resolution to the problem

we need to hope that Ed and Tai come good at the highest level over the next couple of years or we wont even be making it to the race off

Peter Ljung, Jonas Davidsson, Daniel Nermark, Adrian Rymel, Kenneth Bjerre and Bjarne Pedersen.

All these riders rode above themselves, obviously with some national pride. The GB team underperformed terribly. Why didn’t they at least show some fight whilst going down. Where was the bulldog spirit you here about? That’s what gets me. I’ve always said I prefer to see a lad trying his heart out to score 5 than some bloke go through the motions and score 6. We need more passion and Lynch is not the man. Floppy or Havvy would be much better at getting MORE out the riders we have available.

When asked at the top of the programme if he thought the Danes were favourite, Lynch agreed. Even if he thinks that he should not voice that opinion. It should be instilled in the team that we WILL beat the Danes in our country no matter what. If you aim high and just miss, you’ll finish better than aiming lower and hitting it. We aimed low and missed that!

Show some bollox GP, for Christ sake.

nicholls is the best rider we have

Yet managed to score the second lowest points tally from the team, and couldn't even beat Premier League riders. He scored less than Tomicek, for goodness sake (with all due respect to Lubos.)

Why not ben barker aswel

Because that would make seven riders. :blink:

Yet managed to score the second lowest points tally from the team, and couldn't even beat Premier League riders. He scored less than Tomicek, for goodness sake (with all due respect to Lubos.)

he scored the same as tomicek,and he had an extra ride(joke)

do you think with charlie and mads waiting in the wings the danes are considering axing andersen,he was (by danish standards)a huge disappointment last night.

what about sweden,jonsson is considered their top rider but he was outscored by davidsson and lindgren. time for a change?

I just feel , very strongly , that Tai Woffinden is the future of British speedway...

Fair enough, but Olly is our best bet at the moment (I'd out him in Thurs as well). Tai is one for the future, no doubt.

I'm a recent convert to the sport (the wife to be is a big fan)

Welcome to the sport and the forum. Thankfully, you'll have better nights watching speedway than last night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't see why Olly got so much stick earlier on in the thread. He was by far our best rider, and it's good to see some people agree. He gave that meeting everything he had, and perhaps a tad too much. He did try too hard a couple of times, what an effort in heat 25, but I think that was mostly because he felt he had to give more as all around him failed miserably.

I'd leave him in on Thursday. Put Ed in for Simon and take Tai along to take it all in.

I've never seen Scott ride so badly around Brandon.

I've never seen Simon ride so badly anywhere!

Chris was crap, although he did manage our only win. His last heat was an embarrassment.

Lee was crap, as he is more often than not when I see him these days. Where was his GP qualifier form?

Jim Lynch did nothing wrong on the night. Played the Joker as soon as possible to try to get back into the meeting early, and gave Chris the extra ride in place of Simon. That doesn't forgive the bloody stupid attitude before the meeting. How is telling Olly and Steady they're out of the meeting for Thursday going to help?! You should be encouraging them not telling them they will fail and they're out before a wheel has been turned. Dreadful team management.

There are some crazy calls for the team on Thursday. What's the point in destroying the confidence of riders that aren't ready for SWC action yet. Wright, Barker, Lawson, are you for real? :unsure:

Finally, the trackwas a factor whether people see it as an excuse or not. Brits are generally crap out the gate and can't ride slick tracks. It doesn't matter what our opinion on that is - It's a fact, proven time and time again.

Fair enough, but Olly is our best bet at the moment (I'd out him in Thurs as well).

An unfortunate turn of phrase.

A very poor show indeed.

GB didn't even seem that bothered that they were doing crap!

The Czechs were fighting..and when Rymel beat Hans the crowd loved it (as we had nothing else to cheer about!)

AJ didn't perform to his usual standard last night, but it didn't matter! The rest of the Sweden team stepped up like a team should do.

Team for Thursday? Any one who can go into it with fighting spirit.

If the Czech' had Lucas and Topinka....we might not have even been going to Denmark.

An unfortunate turn of phrase.

dont let paulco read it,he cant abide the mere possibility of a speedway rider being gay.

The Czechs were fighting..and when Rymel beat Hans the crowd loved it (as we had nothing else to cheer about!)

how many times recently has hans been winning a race,that has been stopped,and then lost the re run!

It is pretty interesting. Someone said the reason why GB didnt perform better yesterday was 38.85 which made EL to poorer league than before. But none of DK and Aus have a good league and still it comes tonnes of good riders from these two countries. I am not sure if it does matter, but during the 80s DK was a supernation in speedway. 20 years later all the riders who got inspired of Hans, Erik and Jan O are on the track, knowing that riders from DK are winners. In the 90s the Swedes were very good in speedway with plenty of good riders like Tony, PK, Henka, Per Jonsson, Jimmy Nielsen. 15 years later Sweden have plenty of good riders in the age of 16-27, like AJ, Lindgren, Davidsson, Antonio, Billy, THJ, Ljung etc. Even if Sweden isnt as good as the danes they know how to win.

No offence towards british speedway but Scott Nicholls isnt a winner, and I am not sure if he can inspire people to perform better than their ability. When he got the chance to win GP i Cardiff he T/T. When he after a fantastic performance in Prag 2004 or 2005 ended up with 14p after 20 heats, hade the chance to get his first victory in GP but his start in the semi was miserable and the evening ended up outside the final.

So I dont think the league is the problem. The problem is the abscent of winners in the team. When GB will get a rider who actually can compete with the best riders over a long time, GB will get paid in the long term.

Am I totally lost?

Edited by Niclas

Guest FlyinPanther
Young pugwash is right on this one, the Coventry fans see the global superstar as "captain fantastic", but it's only a role he's capable of filling when things are going well.

That leaves a bad taste in ones mouth!! :lol:

It is pretty interesting. Someone said the reason why GB didnt perform better yesterday was 38.85 which made EL to poorer league than before. But none of DK and Aus have a good league and still it comes tonnes of good riders from these two countries. I am not sure if it does matter, but during the 80s DK was a supernation in speedway. 20 years later all the riders who got inspired of Hans, Erik and Jan O are on the track, knowing that riders from DK are winners. In the 90s the Swedes were very good in speedway with plenty of good riders like Tony, PK, Henka, Per Jonsson, Jimmy Nielsen. 15 years later Sweden have plenty of good riders in the age of 16-27, like AJ, Lindgren, Davidsson, Antonio, Billy, THJ, Ljung etc. Even if Sweden isnt as good as the danes they know how to win.

No offence towards british speedway but Scott Nicholls isnt a winner, and I am not sure if he can inspire people to perform better than their ability. When he got the chance to win GP i Cardiff he T/T. When he after a fantastic performance in Prag 2004 or 2005 ended up with 14p after 20 heats, hade the chance to get his first victory in GP but his start in the semi was miserable and the evening ended up outside the final.

So I dont think the league is the problem. The problem is the abscent of winners in the team. When GB will get a rider who actually can compete with the best riders over a long time, GB will get paid in the long term.

Am I totally lost?

no your almost there,but the point is,scott IS a winner,5 british titles prove this,however he is only a winner in his class,and his class is light years away from the worlds elite,who gollob and hancock aside are all danish,australian or swedish.