British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue 80th Anniversary Meeting

Last night was the best atmosphere I have enjoyed at a Speedway meeting for years, it had everything for me and the evening went so quickly. Messrs Morton, Pairman, Gordon and Casey ought to be congratulated for a job very well done. I was still buzzing this morning, the music, the fair, start girls costumes, the buses and the noise of it all brought so much about the sport's history back. Nostalgia has it's place in everyone's history book, clearly last night met the approval of many and I certainly wouldn't spoil my enjoyment by nit picking - that is the reaction that can lead to Promoters giving up on us fans.

Brilliant and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

Last night was the best atmosphere I have enjoyed at a Speedway meeting for years, it had everything for me and the evening went so quickly. Messrs Morton, Pairman, Gordon and Casey ought to be congratulated for a job very well done. I was still buzzing this morning, the music, the fair, start girls costumes, the buses and the noise of it all brought so much about the sport's history back. Nostalgia has it's place in everyone's history book, clearly last night met the approval of many and I certainly wouldn't spoil my enjoyment by nit picking - that is the reaction that can lead to Promoters giving up on us fans.

Brilliant and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

You've said it all, I couldn't agree more. Fabulous night, will be remembered for a long time.

Sounds like a cracking night, i'd love to get the dvd of it, and one for my pal who's lived in Inverness for the last 20 years but used to go to Hyde Road as a kid, he'd love it!

A great night and hats off to the promotion,the jason done thing was the only downside to me,no one was ever gonna believe it was him riding the bike and i felt it was a waste of time really,but thats just my opinion obviously you enjoyed it superace!

Not as much of a waste of time as your post dogs, thought it was funny and was well recieved by all except you dogsbody but there is always one who as to come up with something negative about a night where in my opinion it was 100% positive.

Have ago at enjoying yourself from time to time.

Not as much of a waste of time as your post dogs, thought it was funny and was well recieved by all except you dogsbody but there is always one who as to come up with something negative about a night where in my opinion it was 100% positive.

Have ago at enjoying yourself from time to time.

I do enjoy myself quite nicely superace and enjoyed last night apart from that jason done thingy which wasnt my cup of tea and i do say hats off to the promotion for all there efforts last night.,wasted postings are your strong point given the drivel you put on the other week when we were supporting the aces at peterborough!

Ok, well whilst you Aces fans are bickering amongst yourselves, I'd just add that it's great to see here was such a big turn out there last night. When we hear that around the country, crowds are down, and given the bad luck the Aces seem to have had with injuries, it makes a change to see that with the right promotion, and the right occasion, fans will turn up. Let's hope a few of those there last night liked what they saw and return for league racing. :approve:

Bang on rabbit,a few extra people on the attendance would be just reward for the promotions efforts last night,which bear no resemblance to what happened when it was the 70th anniversary,as for bickering its not worth arguing,all i was doing was giving my opinion,there are plenty of stuff on here that i disagree with but everyone is entitled to there view,even mr shovlar!

I do enjoy myself quite nicely superace and enjoyed last night apart from that jason done thingy which wasnt my cup of tea and i do say hats off to the promotion for all there efforts last night.,wasted postings are your strong point given the drivel you put on the other week when we were supporting the aces at peterborough!

I didnt think there was any need to make a negative comment, of course you are allowed to not enjoy something but to bring that up on a night of so many psoitves seemed a bit strange.

And I am happy to get your feedback on my comments on the BV website and if you dont like them thats fine with me, unlike you i can accept that.

I didnt think there was any need to make a negative comment, of course you are allowed to not enjoy something but to bring that up on a night of so many psoitves seemed a bit strange.

And I am happy to get your feedback on my comments on the BV website and if you dont like them thats fine with me, unlike you i can accept that.

We should call this a draw superace,i was far from happy with your views the other week and you dont like my view of one thing from last night so ita a 1-1 draw and goodnight vienna!

We should call this a draw superace,i was far from happy with your views the other week and you dont like my view of one thing from last night so ita a 1-1 draw and goodnight vienna!

Thats fine with me. In fact I cant even remember what my comments were now, ive slept a lot since then. :wink:

Lifes full of different opinions its what makes it fun.

Edited by SUPERACE

Great night! :D

Big points to the promotion for all their efforts! The fair, the facepainting, the circus-style performer, the buses, the old riders, the amazing programme etc all brilliant contributions to what was a very good night!

Even the racing was pretty good in places and the move Leigh pulled on Scott in the run off was awesome!

My one comment to the promotion was that they may have dropped off somewhat regarding getting people back next week - personally i'd have maybe considered a "bring you rain off ticket from the biggie and get in for a tenner"

But to be honest, based on Monday night i'd like to think some will come back anyway :)

Congrats to Leigh who rode well and deserved the trophy (even tho Crumpy was robbed ;) ) but i feel that with the right follow up Belle Vue Speedway could come out the real winner :D

I was stood next to a man who had not watched speedway since the last meeting at Hyde Road,so the publicity worked with him,unfortunatley half way through i asked him have you seen enough to bring you back next week to which he replied "not a chance" and he promptly went home.Shame but not everyone seemed to share the enjoyment.

I was stood next to a man who had not watched speedway since the last meeting at Hyde Road,so the publicity worked with him,unfortunatley half way through i asked him have you seen enough to bring you back next week to which he replied "not a chance" and he promptly went home.Shame but not everyone seemed to share the enjoyment.

Just no pleasing some people is there.

Mind you, if you were stood on the home straight then it's no surprise he said that. Packed in like sardines they were.

Anyone interested in hearing the Radio Manchester broadcast on Belle Vue last night, please drop me a PM or email. :P

Any more takers? Just send me your email address. :approve:

Im looking forward to hearing the managements thoughts on the meeting. Suppose we will find out in the Speedway Star and in Mondays programme.