British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Blazeaway

Gp Series 2009

After the shocking starts by both Bomber and Scott does anyone think there will be a British rider in next years series?

I certainly don't. They have both been awful with no signs of improvement.

Trouble is both are not of the standard. However we will have a couple of Brits because they need to be there for tickets sales for Cardiff.

Hopefuly Kennet, Bridger or Woffinden will come through soon.

Guest PanthersChamp06

Dont count out Danny King yet!

Trouble is both are not of the standard. However we will have a couple of Brits because they need to be there for tickets sales for Cardiff.

Hopefuly Kennet, Bridger or Woffinden will come through soon.

There is no justification for any of those three being in next years GP series. Cardiff will have to be sold on the wildcard IMO.

There's still time. Only 3 GP's down, plenty more to come. :lol:

It is good to see people finally coming around to my way of thinking.

Three Grands Prix down and not a single heat win from one of the British riders - is that 60 Grands Prix for the former British champion without a sniff of a win?

It is good to see people finally coming around to my way of thinking.

Three Grands Prix down and not a single heat win from one of the British riders - is that 60 Grands Prix for the former British champion without a sniff of a win?

I don't know what has happened to Scott. He used to be a hungry balls out racer. He just looks lost on the big stage these days.

Dont count out Danny King yet!

You are kidding, right? :blink:

He didn't get a sniff a couple of weeks ago on his home track aganist Poole club riders. Never going to be more than a second string/third heat leader.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Guest PanthersChamp06

He didn't get a snaiff a couple of weeks ago on his home track aganist Poole club riders. Never going to be more than a second string/third heat leader.

Whos got a higher average, Bridger or King?

I've always supported the Brits because I think that's right being British but this is getting ridiculous. Can't even start with the excuses, there aren't any. Poor track? Yep, for all 18 riders. It didn't get worse as soon as a Brit went out. Nicholls proves the point one or two on this forum have been trying to make for a long time now that I have always disagreed with, he just cannot hack it in the GPs for some reason. Harris is struggling to justify his wildcard. Both making stupid mistakes that riders that level should not make and despite the riders they beat in the league they can't seem to be able to match it at this level.

Hoping for an improvement, wait until next year if these two aren't those in for selling the Cardiff tickets, Ed and Lewis perhaps? Or even Tai?

Truth is, these 2 are supposed to be about the best we have right now (unlucky Lee Richardson got injured though because he was going well and could have qualified) which is a worrying situation to be in.

Whos got a higher average, Bridger or King?

Does that matter? :blink:

this is getting like, my dad's bigger than your dad!

neither of them are good enough for a wild card at Cardiff let alone gettting into the GP's!

Give it up now boys! and by that I mean you lot trying to suggest them!

He didn't get a sniff a couple of weeks ago on his home track aganist Poole club riders. Never going to be more than a second string/third heat leader.

King's got a better chance than Bridger. Bridger would get a worse reputation than what he's already got if he went to the GPs, he's so arratic.

Guest PanthersChamp06

neither of them are good enough for a wild card at Cardiff let alone gettting into the GP's!

Its possible.....

Someone on here recently suggested Chris Holder for the wildcard at Cardiff. I see no reason why that should not be the case.