British Speedway Forum

Good Gp. Well done to Tomasz Gollob, roll on Cardiff

Nowt against Mr Clean but Sky keep rambling on about the 'best rider not to win the world championship'.

He's just won the GP boys :wink:

If Tommy has finally worked out these man-made things the rest need to watch out :lol:

Congrats to KB for his riding tonight. Superb show.

Who still says KB can't overtake ?

Who still says he is just a "gating tart"?

So, the "One Track Pony" wins again away from his one track......

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

And on a temporary track too, which means a place in the Super Prix.

Well done Tomasz. Well deserved and lets hope that, at last, this allows your many detractors on this site a chance to admit that you are a fantastic spedway rider and, just about, the best to not yet win the mantle of World Champion.

Keep it going fella.

Bad choices of gate positions by Little Nicky & Crump in the semis & final helped, but just WOW. C'mon the old man.

dont blame him to be fair :approve:

I'm not sure Melody would agree with that :wink::shock:

Apart from his first ride, I actually thought Nicholls rode quite well tonight. With a better first ride and without a couple of mistakes he made, a semi-final place was certainly on the cards. However Chris Harris was just awful. It looked so promising when he came 2nd in his first ride, too. :neutral:

I never thought i'd say this but the way those two are going we simply don't deserve one.

I thought the Brits were awsome :wink: At this rate we wont have a brit in the GPs next year

this year its gonna be easy as for nicki with his only competition being old gollob.

Oi, not so much of the old, young 'un! ;)

Pretty decent GP with some interesting racing, and pleased to see Glob cleaning up in the end. Thought the Dryml/Freddie crash was just a racing incident, but Lukas was in hindsight lucky to stay in, and both were doubly lucky to walk away from a horrific looking tangle. Did think it was strange that Lukas was then excluded from the re-run for missing the two minutes, and then the subsequent attempt of the remaining riders to get to the track was held up because of the fence still requiring attention - begs the question whether the track was ready when he was on 2 minutes and excluded. :unsure:

So now on to the big night in two weeks...

Excellent speedway tonight, on a temporary track! :shock: Well, at least the best temporary track and meeting ever IMO!

I'm not a fan of Scott Nicholls but I must say he looked quite good tonight, the best we've seen of him so far this season. Some comments made in this thread are a bit harsh. (Can't believe I'm defending Scott, better lay down...)

Thought the Dryml/Freddie crash was just a racing incident, but Lukas was in hindsight lucky to stay in, and both were doubly lucky to walk away from a horrific looking tangle.

Couldn't have said it better myself, so I won't try.

I'm not a fan of Scott Nicholls but I must say he looked quite good tonight, the best we've seen of him so far this season. Some comments made in this thread are a bit harsh. (Can't believe I'm defending Scott, better lay down...)
Looked good and failed to make the semi-final. Says it all.

Let's just hope that Chris Harris is saving his best performance for Cardiff, eh? ;)

Looked good and failed to make the semi-final. Says it all.

And still hasn't won a single race this season. Gollob's won two GPs, nevermind races.

The Brits are just not performing. Nicholls did look pretty good tbf but it wasn't a good performance if he didn't make the semis, IMO. They're both good enough to beat every rider in that field if they perform. Both riders had the chance for a race win but let that slip and still no race wins (and considering one is the British champion currently and another 4 times aswell it does show the state of our riders really). Find it pathetic personally, GB will win nowt again.

Gollob was class as per, as was Pedersen and Crumpy was tidy aswell. Bjerre impressed me no end especially after what he's been through the past few weeks to ride so quickly, top stuff.

Not much else to say but roll on the 28th, the next GP, Cardiff :approve:

Edited by tigerblues

Good GP I felt tonight, and big well done to Tomasz. Must admit bad decision by ref over Dribble/Lindgren, no way should Freddie have been excluded, still justice was served when Dribble was excluded. (not saying it was dirty or anything, but Dribble definitely went into Freddie :rolleyes: ) Roll on Cardiff.