British Speedway Forum

Well said Crikey, it is day before this meeting, does not give time for preparation for riders, also things like programme's that have already been printed, also what about any Brummie fans that have planned to take in this meeting, to watch their own riders, would be very unfair in my opinion.

It's not just that, just think of the disappointment of the Birmingham fans if they had got tickets, arranged for time off work/babysitters etc, only to find they haven't got a pair to watch.

I'm very disappointed about Tom and Kev not riding, but I'm also fair minded when it comes to the sport in general, ok biased when it comes to KL but who isn't biased when it comes to their own clubs :lol:

We aren't going simply because we have no interest in watching other teams riders, it's a long way to go, we aren't going down for the GP, and we don't have our own pair represented.

My opinion for what it's worth is that ALL PL teams top pairings should be entered if they so wish. :unsure: And let's go back to these things being held at neutral venues so it's fair for all the PL best pairings.

Group 1

BIRMINGHAM BRUMMIES

1 James Birkinshaw

2 Craig Watson

EDINBURGH MONARCHS

3 William Lawson

4 Matt Wethers

READING RACERS

5 Ulrich Ostergaard

6 Mark Lemon

RYE HOUSE ROCKETS

7 Chris Neath

8 Tommy Allen

SHEFFIELD TIGERS

9 Andre Compton

10 Ricky Ashworth

Group 2

ISLE OF WIGHT ISLANDERS

11 Glen Phillips

12 Jason Bunyan

NEWCASTLE DIAMONDS

13 Josef Franc

14 Christian Henry

REDCAR BEARS

15 Gary Havelock

16 Ty Proctor

SOMERSET REBELS

17 Jason Doyle

18 Emil Kramer

WORKINGTON COMETS

19 Daniel Nermark

20 Kauko Nieminen

My opinion for what it's worth is that ALL PL teams top pairings should be entered if they so wish. :unsure: And let's go back to these things being held at neutral venues so it's fair for all the PL best pairings.

And i and loads of others have always thought that the OTA was a fair track apparently that cant be so.

Group 1

BIRMINGHAM BRUMMIES

1 James Birkinshaw

2 Craig Watson

No disrespect intended to Birko, a rider I have a lot of time for, but it really shows how much Birmingham are decimated by injuries just now that Birko is riding

(THAT should ensure the Brummies win now going by my record this week! :blink: )

And i and loads of others have always thought that the OTA was a fair track apparently that cant be so.

I have at no time said that it's not a fair track have I? In fact out of a lot of tracks I think it's ok :rolleyes:

I just feel it's better held on a track where no riders have the advantage at all of riding that track week in week out, it's my opinion, always has been always will be. :)

rebelwilly there is a difference between 'fair' and 'neutral'

there is absolutely no doubt that Somerset is a fair track but surely a blind man can see that riders who ride on it once a week will have an advantage over riders who ride on it once a year, no matter how fair it undoubtedly is

Added - you and I think alike CTF!

the weather forecast on bbc weather is not looking too good --- can the locals update everyone on Friday please!! Thanks

Somerset to win, tbh it looks like a failry poor line up, with only 5 out of the 10 pairs fielding thier strongest line up according to averages.

It's predictable, but I also expect Somerset to win. Is there a restaging date if the weather takes a hand? :unsure:

Nice to think the Rebels would win and umm with last year with magus and emil it did not happen , so anything could happen tommorrow night and more than likely will .

It the meeting is half as good as last year it will be a cracker and nice start for those of you heading to Cardiff for something called the Grand prix .

Weather update as i sit here just North of Bristol its raining nicely and will do the track no harm at all , knowing the oak tree will look a bit over watered at start but give it 5 races , it will then be super for the rest of the night .

Edited by Speedwaystevemk2

Guest chris26

according to BBC Weather, forecast for tomorrow is heavy rain.