British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
invadersfan

Advice On Using Easyjet Or Bmibaby For Trip To Gp

just about to book my flight to czech gp and can only find 2 cheap airlines easyjet and bmibaby.

Just wondering which is the best of the 2 airlines or if there is another cheap airline that i may of missed that go to prague from the uk.

Thanks

Edited by invadersfan

Have flown with BMI to Prague twice now. Once to/from Cardiff and once to/from Brum (as we will do this year) and have no major complains complaints (a small gripe about changing a flight but nothing too bad).

Never use Easy Jet but quite frankly that programme they used to have on the tele following them around put me off them.

Just wondering which is the best of the 2 airlines or if there is another cheap airline that i may of missed that go to prague from the uk.

Both much of a muchness I'd say, but can't say I've had problems with either. SkyEurope (http://www.skyeurope.com/) also flies from Luton to Prague.

Both much of a muchness I'd say, but can't say I've had problems with either. SkyEurope (http://www.skyeurope.com/) also flies from Luton to Prague.

Just priced skyeurope, alot more money, Bmibay has a flight from birmingham on saturday 2nd at 10.35am arr prague 13.40 I am thinking on getting that one but it may be pushing it abit close to the event ?

Have used both, never had problems with either, there are loads of arlines that fly to Prague, use this site to find the best prices :

http://www.skyscanner.net/

Just priced skyeurope, alot more money, Bmibay has a flight from birmingham on saturday 2nd at 10.35am arr prague 13.40 I am thinking on getting that one but it may be pushing it abit close to the event ?

Getting there at 13.40 gives you loads of time, only takes half an hour to get into centre of Prague by bus/underground.

Edited by Rob B

just about to book my flight to czech gp and can only find 2 cheap airlines easyjet and bmibaby.

Thanks

We have been eight times now and always use Easyjet or BMI baby with no problems. We also use Ryanair or Wizzair for other destinations. It all depends on where you want to fly from and the times that suit you as you might find a cheaper flight elsewhere but have to pay petrol and parking to get there. Best to cost out the overall trip.

We usually fly out Friday just in case there are problems on a Saturday. Living in the Midlands, East Midlands is our first choice and then Birmingham or Luton but sometimes have to use Stansted.

The BMI baby flight goes out in the morning from EM but costs a lot more than the Easyjet flight at teatime on the Friday. You arrive on Friday night while the bars are still open and get most of Sunday though if you go on Easyjet.

Hope this helps.

Flew out from Birmingham yesterday to Portugal on BMI and although the check in queue looked very long it moved quicker than expected.

I have a theory - pay cheap prices and treat your journey like a bus ride.

Thats all your paying for so dont expect anything more.

Easyjet and Ryanair are simply just that - the local co-orporation bus

BMI - is National Express

and then from there you go up market.

As for SkyEurope. - When we were booking for Prague they were a LOT cheaper but a little inside knowledge tells me they are a struggling airline and there is a possibility they may not be around in August.

I wasnt prepared to take that chance. I sincerely hope they ride out the problems but I didnt want to be left stranded.

They are not long flights so comfort shouldnt be a problem.

Easyjet and Ryanair are simply just that - the local co-orporation bus

BMI - is National Express

I've found that EasyJet is probably the best of the budget airlines, and is as good as many of the 'traditional' airlines. It flies to major airports, the staff are reasonably professional if you play by the rules, and the airline seems to be reasonably punctual (although delays will inevitably happen with any airline if you use them enough).

Ryanair is for my money too cheap and nasty, and flying to the middle-of-nowhere is often a false economy.

BMI proper is still fairly reasonable, although it seems to be focusing more on Trans-Atlantic and Middle Eastern routes now. BMI Baby is just the budget version that seems to have take over within Europe, and I can't say it's good, bad or indifferent.

SkyEurope and Flybe have also always been fine when I've used them.

I have used both on a very regular basis as I fly to Portugal every other weekend.

Never had any issues with either to be honest so you should be fine with either, just go with whichever fits your schedule best, unless there is a major price difference.

Ryanair is often the cheapest of the 3, but it will depend upon which airport you are nearest too.

Thanks

Done this meeting five times now and always use easyjet no probs. Yes you get what you pay for but it's only a two hour flight then a bus from the airport to the nearest tube station 20 min ride