British Speedway Forum
Trees

World Under 21 Semi Final At Rye House!

Good to see troy win since leaveing poole he has improved no end under the wing of the mighty rosco ...... looks like he way ahead of holder at the moment .

There is no doubt that haveing a great captain like adams to help him rather the bjane has move him to a another level great stuff .

Good to see troy win since leaveing poole he has improved no end under the wing of the mighty rosco ...... looks like he way ahead of holder at the moment .

There is no doubt that haveing a great captain like adams to help him rather the bjane has move him to a another level great stuff .

i think troy is good enough to improve on his own. don't think he needs anyone to hold his hand for him!! :wink::lol:

does this mean he's gonna score more than four points at poole on weds then. ;)

Edited by lisa-colette

i think troy is good enough to improve on his own. don't think he needs anyone to hold his hand for him!! :wink::lol:

Holder his hand :lol:

My first visit to Rye today, what a bizarre location for a track - I was convinced I was lost as the road got narrower and narrower! - I was waiting for Peter Rabbit and Toad Of Toad Hall to pop out at any minute!

Racing was ok, although the odd camber on bends 1 and 2 didn't really help the new boys at times, I was certain Szczepaniak was going to disappear on more than 1 occasion.

Top performance from Batch, certainly showed Mr Holder who was top banana today. There again, so did Linus Eklof :)

Nobody really stood out as worth sticking in Rosco's notebook just yet - Zengota looked the best of the new boys after Eklof's heat 1 win (he got gradually slower and slower as the meeting went on!)

Kasprzak was frankly embarrassing, Bridger typically erratic and I felt a touch sorry for the two Germans. Both were good gaters but lost positions in nearly every race and weren't really taking to Hoddesdon at all.

Everyone else was much of a muchness really, although Wells is clearly a decent prospect at only 16.

Edited by frigbo

No you didn't :( much to my annoyance at myself more than anything or anyone else, had a family christening to go to with the "do" being held at our village hall (I've been on the committee of the village hall since 1996 btw), I messed up with who was to do the bar and ended up having to do it myself, had to put it before speedway on this occasion, well peed off but there ya go, speedway can't come first always :(

Was the meeting videod??

Congratulations to Troy on winning the meeting with a faultless max, Lewis, Tai, Will and Chris on qualifying for the final!

Hang your head in shame Mother T! Tut! Tut! Dishing out beer instead of being at Rye! Luckily for you, meeting was filmed by T2TV - I'll let you know when tis on sale. Didn't venture out of the pits as was at the flipping stadium at 9.15am thanks to going with clerk of the course Fred Parkin so apologies for not hooking up with forum members. Was out of bed at 7.15am this morn - never realised that time existed on a Sunday - well not since my teenage days when that was the sort of time we got home after a good Saturday night! :blink:

My first visit to Rye today, what a bizarre location for a track - I was convinced I was lost as the road got narrower and narrower! - I was convinced Peter Rabbit was going to pop out at any minute!

Bizarre location? Pub next door and rail station next to that - what MORE do you want???

Edited by Bryn

Get in there Troy great performance.. Nice to see him showing Holder the way round! Team Leigh Adams

Hang your head in shame Mother T! Tut! Tut! Dishing out beer instead of being at Rye! Luckily for you, meeting was filmed by T2TV - I'll let you know when tis on sale. Didn't venture out of the pits as was at the flipping stadium at 9.15am thanks to going with clerk of the course Fred Parkin so apologies for not hooking up with forum members. Was out of bed at 7.15am this morn - never realised that time existed on a Sunday - well not since my teenage days when that was the sort of time we got home after a good Saturday night! :blink:

Bizarre location? Pub next door and rail station next to that - what MORE do you want???

2 vehicle wide access road would be good. I nearly stuck Dave Jessup's van over the Bridge trying to make room for a Ford Focus to pass me. It's in the a*se end of nowhere! - although to be fair, once inside, the stadium is actually rather tidy.

Pub looked pretty good though, not that I could sample it - car and young 'un in tow (making her Speedway debut!)

Edited by frigbo

My first visit to Rye today, what a bizarre location for a track
You obviously haven't been to Buxton, Mildenhall or Sittingbourne!! :blink: Edited by Shadders

You obviously haven't been to Buxton, Mildenhall or Sittingbourne!! :blink:

Try finding Eastbourne :unsure:

Was out of bed at 7.15am this morn - never realised that time existed on a Sunday - well not since my teenage days when that was the sort of time we got home after a good Saturday night!

And you had to be careful then not to disturb the fella extinguishing the gas lights when you got off the horse-drawn night tram service..!! :lol::wink:

Great to see len and Rye getting some recognition for the work they put in to this age group.

The track as usual with Len was nice and smooth and it had obviously been watered from early on in the day........ despite being right in the firing line of the dust it wasnt too bad until the bowser failed to come out after ht16 ..... still trying to work out why although by that time a blue groove was in full effect so maybe it was decided it could make it slippy??

some great talent out there today and it is good to see the new crop of future stars.............. the key today seemed to be who was good at watching the successful lines of others and translating that into their next rides.......... Zengota adapted straight away and despite being used to monster tracks he did well...... Kasprzak didnt look like he even turned up with a small track setup and refused to come off the inside line which was going nowhere........... Szczpaniak started to adapt but then reverted to the inside line for his last two and ultimately paid the price in the end

Risager did well as expected on a track he likes but he did allow himself to be passed in a couple of the heats due to him exiting tightly............... the Germans certainly didnt get the hang of the track and you could visibly see the learning curve for them ............. ricky wells did very well and once he started making the gates was pulling in the points..... he never gave up and seems like a born racer..... a fine signing for someone if they can tempt him....... Lindgren was solid throughout .............. suprised that it took gustafsson so long to get hooked up

Will Lawson played a canny day....... he took his opportunities when they came early on and did the necessary....despite their scorecards saying the same thing there was a world of difference between the performances of Will and Lewis

Ht19 was a cracker with Tai boxed in over the first two bends and having to take the inside line ....... the subsequent battle with Holder passing and repassing dished it up to troy on a plate but it didnt stop Tai trying one last blast out of 4 but Troy knew it was coming and stuck his rear wheel out

As for Lewis and Tai I knew it was going to happen and there can be no better example to those fighting a pointless battle earlier on in the thread about his speedway nationality, than this race............. both out of the traps together but Tai not quite entering bend 1 with the same pace he did in other races..... Tai then cut back out of 2 and 4 on every lap... ie the slower line ...something which he didnt do in any other race out of choice................. good to see lewis through but a shame he needed help...........................especially when he ballsed up his 3rd race so badly............ he allowed himself to be stuffed by troy in the first bend (which was always going to happen) and then tried exiting the bends on the inside which clearly as above was the slower line..... passed down the backstraight he then tried diving in to bend 3 too sharply and did a sucessful and entertaining pirouette but one that did for that race

A successful day for the past and present CL and PL boys then

I quite enjoyed this meeting (or as much as I could see of it through the billowing clouds of dust). To be fair, the Rye track is never going to produce racing of the highest order but then most heats didn't produce heat winners half a lap ahead of everyone else either.

I see a few posters have commented on how smart the stadium was looking. I didn't notice that, but then it usually looks OK anyway. What was good was to see a meeting where there was a good crowd distributed all the way round the stadium. The size of the crowd surprised me, as did being met by two car park attendants by the bridge who told me that the car park was full. That was a good forty-five minutes before the meeting started.

Zengota and Wells both impressed, and Sczepaniak had his moments. I suspect that Lewis Bridger (is that really the future of British speedway?) would not have gone through without the cooperation of Tai Woffinden, but we'll never really know. Chris Holder looked a little less dominant than I expected, and Troy Batchelor was never going to be beaten.

Congratulations to all the qualifiers and to Len and Co for a well-presented meeting - except for the dust, that is.

Rye frequently does produce racing of the highest order. How else would you describe heat 19, Ian? :blink:

Rye frequently does produce racing of the highest order. How else would you describe heat 19, Ian? :blink:

By definition, I'd describe heat 19 as infrequent. You don't get that many heat 19s, do you?

interesting quote from holder today. " no-one remembers who wins the semi." :wink: