British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krissie

czech Gp (06 09 03)

Well Shazzy was standing next to me at Eastie when a certain Mr. Crump burst through the wooden fence, injured, just near us ... We reckoned this was not his personal choice , but may have been at the persuasive power of a certain Mr. P.

This kind of leaves an impression ...

Pedersen roses - too many thorns ...

I guess that's the Archangel Crump you are refering to Addy?

rider of the night has to go to tomas topinka

I'll second that fozzie :D He was brilliant.

Are most of the people on this forum 'Holta fans'? I'm very surprised that only one person has mentioned the incident he caused imo. I couldn't believe that Tony didn't exclude him :? Hate to disagree with my favourite rider, Sam, but I viewed the incident very differently. Sam said that AJ had his wheel in the air when Holta cut across, but the way I saw it was that AJ had his wheel down just before Holta's front wheel came up, and Holta's back wheel took AJ's front wheel. Even Nicki had to shut off quickly to avoid going into Holta as he cut across in front of him. Okay, it's a GP and everyones going for it, but imo Holta rode as though he was the only rider on the track :x :twisted:

Am I wrong :?: Did anyone see it differently :?:

Well Shazzy was standing next to me at Eastie when a certain Mr. Crump burst through the wooden fence, injured, just near us ... We reckoned this was not his personal choice , but may have been at the persuasive power of a certain Mr. P.

Well you weren't there so how can you comment? :?:

Bunny & Gem

Intro was brill :D

lovely to see the old footage ...

Star people

Topinka performed tonight

pity he couldn't equal it at BV :?

I have to say I don't think Nicki Pedersen did anything wrong in Ht 14

wasn't quite heat 14...it was as they went over the finish line.

you can see quite clearly NP flick his back wheel out as Adams was on the outside of him... good job Adams had gone past, could have been dodgy for the pair of them....

at least i wasn't alone in what i saw...

And Adams didn't think too much of Nicki P's tactics in that race to the line judging by his body languauge after that race.

taken from another post.

Well you weren't there so how can you comment? :?:

I wasn't commenting on that particular incident - my post was based on many observations at many tracks over many years :P

Ah

a man of considerable authority :D

(bowing down in awe smilie)

I've not liked pedersen since he fenced one of the riders at owlerton back in 97...

Nicki has no chance if you are going to start making up crashes he has caused. He didn't even ride in the country till 1998. Christ im surprised Nicki hasn't been blamed for starting the war, third world debt and Paul Daniels.

Christ im surprised Nicki hasn't been blamed for starting the war, third world debt and Paul Daniels
Nice one Skittles :lol:

I too saw NP try to block LA......I've also seen TRick/ Sullivan/ Olsen/ Nielsen/ Tatum/ Mauger/ Carter/ Havelock/ Crump/ Nicholls/ Gollob/ Hamill (to name but a few) do the same over the years but for some strange reason very little fuss was ever made of it .... I think it's called 'track-craft' when they did it..... :? :!:

Just before the tapes went up in heat 4, I noticed Jason Lyons' rear wheel was spinning. Can any technical person out there tell me why it was spinning when the green light was on? I didn't notice this with anyone else's bike.

Some great racing last night, despite the last third of the meeting being like a bad night at Brandon... no dirt just dust.

Jason Crump not only had the fastest bike, he held his nerve brilliantly after touching the tapes and then facing elimination and deserved to win, despite giving Scotty an almighty shove in their race. With a bit of luck this will be his year.

Rickardsson gave a real gutsy performance, a fantastic effort after all his problems. Write him off at your peril!

I must admit that I didn't notice Pedersen sticking a wheel out, I was too busy enjoying Adams' brilliant track craft.

Overall great stuff, setting up a real close finish. And just think, if that had been a 'one-off' final like the good old days, that would be it, no more speedway on the TV for a whole year! Phew! its okay, it wasn't and theres some more on in a couple of weeks... Wahey!

Yes Addy the intro was such good fun to watch, a real entertaining start to a very good meeting :)

As one who notices the "little things in life" as well as the Speedway, I would like to nominate Hans Effin' Andersen as Rider of the Night. :D

Whilst the cameraman was following him back to the pits he proceeded to discharge the contents of both nostrils, one at a time, whilst holding one side of his nose with a finger.

I've always wondered how it's possible to manage this? Presumably it's advisable only when the wind is blowing in the right direction otherwise there might be a bit of a return to sender reaction.

Hans next time just wipe your nose on your sleeve. :P