British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mauro2107

Individual Speedway Wc Qr 4 Lonigo (italy) 21th June 2008

Oh Shovlar you do make me laugh when Ryan helped Poole out a couple of year's back to you he was the best thing since slice bread kettle and black come to mind!!!!

I think you have got me mixed up with someone else. I have never, ever been a fan of Sullivan and was relieved when he did his disappearing act. He was terrible for Poole. A gating tart who showed no passing ability at all when he rode for us.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I think you have got me mixed up with someone else. I have never, ever been a fan of Sullivan and was relieved when he did his disappearing act. He was terrible for Poole. A gating tart who showed no passing ability at all when he rode for us.

But you did think it was an "astonishing feat" for 3M to keep the top five from 2004 together for 2005. And that top five included Messrs Sullivan and Ferjan.

But you did think it was an "astonishing feat" for 3M to keep the top five from 2004 together for 2005. And that top five included Messrs Sullivan and Ferjan.

Ferjan is a far more popular rider at Poole than Sullivan ever was. In 2005 he was terrible. I remember being at Monmore one night and their reserves had him for breakfast.

To be fair to Matej, I think that he lost a lot of confidence the night that nasty nicki stuck him in the fence on turn 4. Before that he was scoring pretty well, averaging something like 7.5, if I remember right. It was also Sullivan as skipper who had to be dragged off Pedersen before he ripped his head off.

Ryan was a good team player as all Aussies are and was a good skipper but had his own problems which was eventually very sad.

Well done to everyone who qualified.

I'm not his biggest fan but I wouldn't mind seeing Sully back in the g.p's if he can regain his form that he had a few years back. His ride to win the G.P at Cardiff was awesome.

Here's hoping Steady makes it to Zielona Gora, be nice to be there supporting a bee (failing that any brit would do)

Thanks for the report Flagrag. looking at that field it would not have suprised me if Holder had won that meeting. To say he is not ready is frankly rubbish. He is doing well in all leagues and in Poland he is scoring very big. The only thing he lacks is the backing and having enough quality equipment for GPs. Racing and skill wise he is already good enough to challnge.

I also don't believe that he would be overlooked for a lesser rider because he is an Aussie. The GP series need the very best riders in it, and to pass over Holder to put in another Pole/Swede/Croatian etc would be foolhardy by the powers that be. It would have been clearly noticed what happened to Holder last night and I am quietly confident he will get a permanent wildcard.

And Anders, yes I know Emil Saifudinov is a great talent. Been watching his meeting at Bydgoszsz this year, but I feel Holder has a little bit more. Both of course will be a the top of the sport in years to come, alongside Batchelor, Woffinden, Languta, and Bridger (I hope being a Brit, and putting club loyalties aside)

I don't agree with you I'm afraid. It is all decided by men in grey suits and they want as many countries as possible represented. I fear that Chris Holder won't get a look-in with Crump and Adams already there.

But his time will come; he is only 20 years old.

When did Leigh Aadams decide that he would be returning to the GP's next season? The last I heard this 'could' be his last GP season