British Speedway Forum
PhilK

The Cardiff Grand Prix Discussion Thread

if everybody keeps whinin about the rutted track with some dirt on it, you all will get concrete surfaces. the powers that be read this forum, and all everyone is doin is puttin a nail in the coffin for a track with dirt and a chance to pass for the riders. as for the riders complaining, it was the same for everybody and each individual has to figure out a way to overcome it and do it better than the others. i hate watchin racers smoke their tyre on a blue groove posin for the cameras and not even gettin winded. this sport is tough. injuries happen. i want everybody to quit whining and get on with it. i for one, from what i have seen already, it was a good effort to make a track for passing and that.... is the future of speedway otherwise it will surely die. :mad:

You can lead a horse to water............. :rolleyes:

British GP...British team.....British Anthem

The British GP is now a team event? :shock::wink:

British GP...English rider.....Land of Hope & Glory (although not that evident nowdays!) :neutral:

Have to say the choice of music was great

When Nicki was having his accidents, the music was "Bad Boys, Bad Boys .. What you gonna do" then "He's a Scumbag" and then in the semi-final as he gotto his feet ...."I'm a Winker (misprint) ... Nice

Jason Crump won a race ..."We're off to see the Wizard .... The Wonderful Wizard of Oz"

...and when Hancock won one of his races they played 'I come from a land down under....' :blink:

Edited by BjarneRubble

poor performance by all Poles especially the Ref.

photos form yesterday's SGP here:

SGP CARDIFF

Brilliant photo's Slav (especially the one's showing my group in the front row, 1st bend!) :approve:

Thanks.

And for me, the biggest embarrassment of the night is that idiot Nigel Pearson. I have never heard a sports commentator make such an arrogant and disgraceful comment as 'end of' thus proclaiming his opinion is the only opinion worthy of consideration. Nigel 'scoop' Pearson is the biggest embarrassment to British speedway because if he irritates us fans, imagine what non fans must be thinking, and some may well be turning off.

On another more positive note, how great to see Johno doing the pit walk, informative and interesting, and the riders like him so he interviews well. Reminds me of the Brundle F1 pit walk.

COMPLETELY Agree!

Kick a man when he's down why don't you, nothing typical about him in that race, Scott was off of Gate 3 he needed to get a good fast start (hence someone had already been warned for rolling at the tapes TWICE in one race from said gate!) unfortunately for Scott after what seemed a lifetime waiting for the "tapes up" he went through them, his mechanics were very confident of Scott reaching the final this year something that hasn't happened for a while, so much so they convinced people to go and bet on him ..... I did and it was worth losing the tenner, would of been nice to have won but heyho. The world if full of "if only" .... he hadn't broke the tapes he would of had 3rd placing at least with Nicki being excluded.

Must admit with Scott though my heart went into my mouth when Jase did his hop skip and jump over the winning line ........... jeeeeeeeeeeeez I bet they both cacked themselves then!!!!

I don't think Scotty's bottle went at all. He knew that gate 3 had been rubbish all night and he knew that the only way he stood a chance was to make the gate. He was obviously really up for it, but mis-judged it, as did Jonsson twice in the previous semi on the same gate, luckily for Andreas he didn't touch the tapes, he just got a flyer - twice!! Well Done Scotty rode his socks off, really proud of him. Of course I am disappointed, would have loved to have seen how he would have done if he had made the gate successfully.

Agree, with these two posts...he needed to make a start from Gate 3, and HAD to go for it. Ref was terrible, holding starts. Good night from Nicholls, plenty of positives.

I also do not think people can complain to much at Nicki P; it was the referee who made the decisions. Every rider in the GPs stay down in a first bend bunch situation; and all would also take their place in a re-run.

One of these days his trick of clattering into other riders on purpose will come unstuck. Instead of sliding into the airfence and getting away with it yet again he will end up being taken away in an ambulance.

..or someone else will! :angry:

.....Also the confiscation of air horns outside...although we sneaked ours through by watching the crowd and the stewards :wink:

The stewards inspected ours at the gate. They looked to see if they were flammable and if not, allowed us to take them in.

And for me, the biggest embarrassment of the night is that idiot Nigel Pearson. I have never heard a sports commentator make such an arrogant and disgraceful comment as 'end of' thus proclaiming his opinion is the only opinion worthy of consideration. Nigel 'scoop' Pearson is the biggest embarrassment to British speedway because if he irritates us fans, imagine what non fans must be thinking, and some may well be turning off.

His arrogant (apologies for repeating the word, but no other will do) self-promotion was utterly sickening. He abuses his platform to shamelessly boost his own ego. I'm not interested in hearing about how he has commentated on cup finals and Manchester United matches. Anyway, TalkSport is the Sunday Sport of radio, so he's no John Motson.

if everybody keeps whinin about the rutted track with some dirt on it, you all will get concrete surfaces. the powers that be read this forum, and all everyone is doin is puttin a nail in the coffin for a track with dirt and a chance to pass for the riders. as for the riders complaining, it was the same for everybody and each individual has to figure out a way to overcome it and do it better than the others. i hate watchin racers smoke their tyre on a blue groove posin for the cameras and not even gettin winded. this sport is tough. injuries happen. i want everybody to quit whining and get on with it. i for one, from what i have seen already, it was a good effort to make a track for passing and that.... is the future of speedway otherwise it will surely die. :mad:

I'm afraid I have to disagree. When Hans lifted and fell on the straight could have been really nasty if another rider had hit him. An incident caused 100% by the track.

So who finish third in Saturday's GP. Today's Times has 1st JC 2nd GH and 3rd Bjarne Pedersen and 4th SN

Is this correct or was Nikki Pedersen third?. As Nikki Pedersen and Scott Nicholls were both credited with no points in the final surely Scotty should be placed higher than Nikki Pedersen as he scored more points overall in the other races.

Nicki Pedersen was stood on the little step with a number 3 on it at the end of the meeting, so I'd hazard a guess that it was him.

I have to say I thought it was a great day all round. Pre meeting entertainment was excellent, the racin was good, if not as spectacular as Copenhagen 2 weeks ago or last years British GP, the DJ was brilliant, (only mistake being thinking Adams had pipped Hancock on the line & playing land down under.) Loved the I'm a W***er wen the ref messed up again! The atmosphere was superb again & the Brits did us proud. But Scotty, what a wally!

All in all cracking day out.

Four riders went to the tape for the final.

Nicholls hit the tapes and was excluded - that made him 4th.

In the restart Pedersen fell off :lol: - that made him 3rd

Hancock finished behind Crump - that made him 2nd

Crump won the race - that made him 1st

Simple really. Sounds like your paper just got their Pedersens mixed up.

the DJ was brilliant, (only mistake being thinking Adams had pipped Hancock on the line & playing land down under.)

NOt so much the DJ's mistake in thinking Adams won. More the referee's mistake in thinking Adams didn't win!