British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayTShirts

** Cardiff Gp Music / Presentation **

The idea is to be tacky with some of the music and jingles and our style is to choose a song for a rider and then constantly go with it. I know we will never please everyone but I'm very much into hearing peoples opinions and then making an educated decision on what to run with.

That is the way forward. Themed music for riders should all be part of the show, as it is in other events such as WWE, Boxing, Darts etc in which the music is used as part of the show... and of course a very succesful part of the show. I have long wanted speedway to move forward in this area and am thankful that you have done this.

We thought the music in the stadium last night was fantastic - it had us in hysterics and was much better than in previous years. Have to say, I'd avoid the Gary Glitter link myself but the "winker" song was spot on!!

Loved the majority of the music -

Born in the USA was great, perfect for Hancock.

Land of Hope and Glory sent shivers down my spine.

The choice of "fillers" was spot on - Arctic Monkeys, Chumbawumba (sp?)... brilliant!

Sometimes (and I stress, sometimes) just before the tapes went up we thought the songs switched about too much. We did say "how many songs is the DJ trying to fit in?!". But, having said that, they were all good songs!

Not too keen on the w****r song, but I'm not into swearing an'all that... bit of a fuddy duddy in the sense, I guess.

In general it was great, but why do you insist in playing that song by the pervert Gary Glitter, it dosent seem right, his music isnt played on the radio and the only time the scumbag is mentioed on the Tele is when he is at it again abusing another poor innocent child. No more please, dont let this perverts music ever be played agian.

well well said that really got my goat ..i have to say i did enjoy some of the music on saturday .

better than the belinda carlisle did not enjoy her at all...

and as for i'm a banker not a good one (sorry)

RE Ivor biggun's little masterpiece. If used at Coventry then I think it inconsistent with:

14.1 The ANNOUNCER/PRESENTER's role is to provide Spectators in a strictly impartial manner with information they need to reasonably understand and enjoy a Meeting and in respect of racing decisions, instructions / statements as given by the Referee. Under no circumstances should s/he make comments that gives the impression that a protest has been/is being made against a Referee's decision, that incites any section of the crowd, or comment on any matter that is sub judice and is responsible for the comments of any person being interviewed that does not hold an SCB Licence / Registration.

(from this year's SCB rulebook)

I have no idea what FIM rulebook says.

While it amused me I must say I was suprised.

My pet peeve is the use of 'Born in the USA' an anti-patriotic song for Greg.

And Land of Hope & Glory clearly worked very well, but how about adding 'Jerusalem' to the repetoire? (Bring me my chariots of fire - anyone?)

but how about adding 'Jerusalem' to the repetoire? (Bring me my chariots of fire - anyone?)

Now that would have definitely brought a tear to my eye.

I used to love the music at Cardiff in the very early years, but not so much recently. I thought last nights presentation was excellent, and really added to the occassion. Nice one Bart.

Just back from Cardiff and after reading the main Cardiff thread seems our efforts with the Presenation/Music seemed to go down very well :)

I need to put together an email asap for IMG who booked us for the event as it was a trial with the intention of possibly using us at future GP's.

So if you have the time, could you please leave us a little feedback in this thread with what you liked etc. I have copied the comments from the main thread but the more the merrier. And keep them positive if possible LOL ;)

What a great Day !

Cheers

Bart

You did an excellent job - one question.........

What was the name of the piece of music that was played on afew occasions as the riders came to the tapes - it sounded sort of a Russian / Cossack type of dance thing ?

Now that would have definitely brought a tear to my eye.

I used to love the music at Cardiff in the very early years, but not so much recently. I thought last nights presentation was excellent, and really added to the occassion. Nice one Bart.

Jerusalem, one for next year me thinks :)

You did an excellent job - one question.........

What was the name of the piece of music that was played on afew occasions as the riders came to the tapes - it sounded sort of a Russian / Cossack type of dance thing ?

not sure, we played two tracks as the riders were on there way to the tapes a different on each time, one is oh yeah off ferris bueller and the other is the race by yellow. Hope that helps?

Edited by Superbart

Jerusalem, one for next year me thinks :)

Sorry have not got the time to troll through all these posts.

Must say not a bad night but have to bring to you attention that it is a family night and my 4yo nephew was not impressed with the "winkers song" :shock: perhaps a big mistake on your part to play this if his mother ever catches up with you :oops:

Ok Chris, (Superbart) here is my take on it

Land of Hope & Glory - Brilliant piece of music and possibly played at the right time. Sky obviously loved it as they broke from an interview to show Bomber walking back with it blaring in the backgound and all the Union Jacks waving. 10/10

Nicki's Music - While "Bad Boys" often sums up him nicely, he was the innocent part in many ways then and maybe the correct piece of music would have been "I get knocked down ... I get up again". ... The Ivor Biggun track, well I must admit I had a gigle at it, but I have to agree that with Cardiff being a day when a lot of kids are present maybe isn't the right place. ... As for "He's a Scumbag" .. well that one worked well. 5/10

Wizard of Oz - Have to say its a play on words and thats all. So one is Oz, the other Aus ... so what. Well Done it was fitting as he was the wizard of the day. 9/10

Maybe when Bomber won a race, you good have played "Dambusters" or Bomb the Base, "Beat Dis"

Scott Nicholls - Didn't catch what was played when he won, but thought you did well having something ready in case he did win one. Think Thin Lizzy's "Boys are back in town" or maybe Iron Maiden's, "Bring your daughter, to the slaughter"

Hans Andersen - Fine with the HCA music, but after recent events (with Freddie and Bomber) then maybe "Your more than a number in my little red (black) book" would have been fitting.

Overall mate, job well done and you will learn from your mistakes.

PS; May I suggest next year if you get the chance you should play AC/DC's "TNT" ;)

That is the way forward. Themed music for riders should all be part of the show, as it is in other events such as WWE, Boxing, Darts etc in which the music is used as part of the show... and of course a very succesful part of the show. I have long wanted speedway to move forward in this area and am thankful that you have done this.

You're behind the times we've certainly had riders tunes for years at Lynn, probably since Parks rode for Lynn.

Can't comment on the live music at Cardiff but from what I heard on the tv it sounded good and got the crowd going ..............

Sorry have not got the time to troll through all these posts.

Must say not a bad night but have to bring to you attention that it is a family night and my 4yo nephew was not impressed with the "winkers song" :shock: perhaps a big mistake on your part to play this if his mother ever catches up with you :oops:

Apologies to all for that particular track, the idea was to play the start for people who recognised it to chuckle to, the problem was we were on 2 seperate sound desks and it took probably an extra 12 secs than we would have liked to switch to the next track. It WONT be used again unless we have full control ;)

Apologies :oops:

I thought the music and presentation was excellent and a lot better than previous years, it gave the stadium plenty of atmosphere

Ok Chris, (Superbart) here is my take on it

Land of Hope & Glory - Brilliant piece of music and possibly played at the right time. Sky obviously loved it as they broke from an interview to show Bomber walking back with it blaring in the backgound and all the Union Jacks waving. 10/10

Nicki's Music - While "Bad Boys" often sums up him nicely, he was the innocent part in many ways then and maybe the correct piece of music would have been "I get knocked down ... I get up again". ... The Ivor Biggun track, well I must admit I had a gigle at it, but I have to agree that with Cardiff being a day when a lot of kids are present maybe isn't the right place. ... As for "He's a Scumbag" .. well that one worked well. 5/10

Wizard of Oz - Have to say its a play on words and thats all. So one is Oz, the other Aus ... so what. Well Done it was fitting as he was the wizard of the day. 9/10

Maybe when Bomber won a race, you good have played "Dambusters" or Bomb the Base, "Beat Dis"

Scott Nicholls - Didn't catch what was played when he won, but thought you did well having something ready in case he did win one. Think Thin Lizzy's "Boys are back in town" or maybe Iron Maiden's, "Bring your daughter, to the slaughter"

Hans Andersen - Fine with the HCA music, but after recent events (with Freddie and Bomber) then maybe "Your more than a number in my little red (black) book" would have been fitting.

Overall mate, job well done and you will learn from your mistakes.

PS; May I suggest next year if you get the chance you should play AC/DC's "TNT" ;)

Cheers mate very construnctive, re Bomber we were particulary told we could not use that track :( Scotty was Chelsea Dagger mate ;)