British Speedway Forum

We got lucky this year as my other half got a free room in the hilton for the friday night but i actually booked the ibis at Cardiff gate bus park for 42.50 a room am thinking of camping next year tho as it was hard work to get the 2 rooms we needed.

We stayed in the Ibis on the Saturday night and managed to accidentally get a free breakfast - we thought it was B&B, and when we checked out they didn't mention anything about paying for the brekky we'd just eaten, so we left then realised we hadn't selected the B&B option.

Oops! :oops:

The rooms were nice and the service was good, though. Would recommend it for next year, and would be going back there but it seems to be booked up already!

I just phoned and secured the last room in the Big Sleep Hotel where we stayed on Saturday.

I read some poor reviews on an internet site, but to be honest we found it ok. The only problems we encountered were the lack of parking (the reduced rate at the NCP next door solved that) and the creaky beds, although again that wasn't a problem for us, only the neighbours ;)

Looking forward to it already :D

Edited by Shadders

Looking forward to it so much Shadders, you had to post it twice? :wink:

Looking forward to it so much Shadders, you had to post it twice? :wink:

On my other halfs lap top..not used to it ;)

I just phoned and secured the last room in the Big Sleep Hotel where we stayed on Saturday.

I read some poor reviews on an internet site, but to be honest we found it ok. The only problems we encountered were the lack of parking (the reduced rate at the NCP next door solved that) and the creaky beds, although again that wasn't a problem for us, only the neighbours ;)

Looking forward to it already :D

So are your neigbours :wink::lol:

So are your neigbours :wink::lol:

I don't know what you mean DB..I merely meant that I tend to move about in bed a lot due to this bad back I've got from carrying loaded mail bags 5 days a week ;)

I don't know what you mean DB..I merely meant that I tend to move about in bed a lot due to this bad back I've got from carrying loaded mail bags 5 days a week ;)

:lol: You`ve got to admit it`s not pleasant having to empty our sacks 5 days a week :lol:

:lol: You`ve got to admit it`s not pleasant having to empty our sacks 5 days a week :lol:

I'm surprised you remember seeing as you've been skiving off for so long ;)

I'm surprised you remember seeing as you've been skiving off for so long ;)

At my age Shadders,it`s mostly memories. :lol:

Have to go and see the doctor again Friday,looks like another month :cry:

Stayed in the same hotel the last 3 years.

Tried to book for 2009 only to be told IMG have booked the whole hotel for 2009. :angry:

Don't bother with rip off Cardiff. Get yourselves over to Bydgoscz. Proper racing on a proper track and twice the atmosphere. Proper atmosphere not American style yee ha nonsense.

I know IMG/BSI and the Visit Wales tourist group are disgusted by the hotels prices and BSI have reminded the powers that be that they could go most large football ground in June.

Strikes me they're looking for an excuse to move the British GP. The hotel prices have been outrageous in past years, but it didn't seem to concern them then. ;)

Tried to book for 2009 only to be told IMG have booked the whole hotel for 2009.

Ironic that IMG/BSI should be complaining about a shortage of hotels and the prices then. :rolleyes:

I have also been told told by 2 hotels that IMG had block booked 50 rooms in each hotel and also they had booked a whole hotel for the officials to stay in, I wonder if they are looking at doing some of there own packages with hotels and tickets together

Stayed in the same hotel the last 3 years.

Tried to book for 2009 only to be told IMG have booked the whole hotel for 2009. :angry:

Which hotel is that? I can't believe what I'm hearing - that all these hotels are filling up a year in advance. I bet if they asked people to pay up front it would be a different stroy. Thing is you can book as many rooms as you want , just give a credit card as a guarrantee, and then be able to cancel it right up to the day before, or even on the day for some of them. People are just panic booking to ensure they don't miss out !