British Speedway Forum

I was amazed at how quickly the rooms were going....loads of people in front of us at the checking out queue on Sunday were pre booking for next year and when I asked about it and said I would probably think about it on the drive home, I was told not to think too long as they were quickly getting booked up.

As it is, I have changed my hotel completely for next year, ok it is slightly more expensive but there will be no hassle getting into and out of the city centre (as in transport from hotel to stadium and back again) plus I gave eldest son the choice.....go back to same hotel or he helps put money by each week in a savings account and we go for a slightly more expensive hotel but in the centre right near the stadium.....he chose putting money by.

And we started saving for next year, yesterday!

I have also been told told by 2 hotels that IMG had block booked 50 rooms in each hotel and also they had booked a whole hotel for the officials to stay in, I wonder if they are looking at doing some of there own packages with hotels and tickets together

VIP Methanol Club

+ I night accommodation

£910

http://www.speedwayworld.tv/cardiff_09/vip.html

Ah but,shazzy,your still a disgrace

(I`m sure you behaved impeccably really)

:approve: I like to think so :wink:

I have also been told told by 2 hotels that IMG had block booked 50 rooms in each hotel and also they had booked a whole hotel for the officials to stay in, I wonder if they are looking at doing some of there own packages with hotels and tickets together

Are you sure it's IMG and not the BSPA :wink:

So, because of all that, it's ok to cheer when he takes a nasty looking tumble that could have resulted in serious injury?

If the pushing riders into fences bothers me, or the cheering when a rider crashes?

The cheering bothers me greatly. In the ten years or so that I've been supporting speedway, I've never seen or heard such vicious abuse as that aimed at Nicki on Saturday night. It's absolutely sickening that one human being would cheer when another human being has a high-speed crash!

I just can't believe some people.

As for the riders pushing other riders into the fence. Yes, it does happen a lot (NOT all the time) and while it's part and parcel of the sport, it definitely shouldn't be.

Leanne, I wouldn't waste any more time trying to explain yourself. Some people clearly live in the past and have no wish to move on.

Excellent post from DD. :approve:

This is a email I received from a hotel today.........

" Thank you for your email; I have added your details to the waitlist for the weekend of the 26thJune 2009. Currently our rooms have been booked by the Speedway event organisers who have taken all rooms for these dates . "

All i would say is dont panic, i booked friday 27th june at 4pm this year to stay at the marriot hotel and payed only 200 for 2 nights... :wink:

The hotel we were in still had spare rooms on the Saturday night as well this year :wink:

The hotel we were in still had spare rooms on the Saturday night as well this year :wink:

Not anymore they dont!!

This year I said doughnutfairy :wink::lol:

oh blaaaaaaaaahhhhh! :P:D

Should have told me!

I wouldn't have had a chaperone then complaining about me going to bed at 3.30 in the morning...and it wasn't my son!

has anyone stayed at the Ty Rosa Boutique? It has good reviews and location seems good.

has anyone stayed at the Ty Rosa Boutique? It has good reviews and location seems good.

I thought anyone who wanted to go camping GP weekend went to Lavernoch Point? :shock:

This is a email I received from a hotel today.........

" Thank you for your email; I have added your details to the waitlist for the weekend of the 26thJune 2009. Currently our rooms have been booked by the Speedway event organisers who have taken all rooms for these dates . "

sums it up really.like a lot of other people i have been to every cardiff grand prix but actions like this continue to disgust me.perhaps for the first time next year i will stay at home and avoid all the hassle of chasing hotel rooms in cardiff.i know i will be the one missing out but each year i get more pissed off by this

Caved in already and booked my room for fri/sat this year. Had a real problem with a lot of hotels, as they wouldn't take bookings so far in advance. Seeing as I booked my tickets this morning, had to go with the same hotel as this year(the Copthorne if youre interested). Cost was £280 for the 2 nights, and seeing as I got 1 night for £92 thi year, and a better quality of room to boot, they are already cashing in, it seems. But saying all that, couldn't really fault the hotel in any way, and at least I know what to expect! Will now take in the pairs at Somerset aswell, next year. Roll on!

I thought anyone who wanted to go camping GP weekend went to Lavernoch Point? :shock:

kind of thought that might be the response i got, booked on late rooms and committed to it now, says they take families too and the foods good so heres hoping....