British Speedway Forum

The referee was the villain of the piece last night, not Nicki Pedersen. IMHO he relishes in the "bad boy" image and good luck to him, it's not his fault that the officials were completely inept. ......

I don't particularly like NP but I have to agree 110% with this - it was the same plonker who excluded Jason Crump 3(?) years ago and virtually ended his title defence.

FIM wake up and get rid of this guy and bring back Tony Steele!

From the interview with Nicki:

"It if was me I would have had all four back in those incidents, but it's the ref's decision.

Y'see, it's not Nicki's decision to exclude riders, and he agrees that the ref made the wrong decision, so to say he is a cheat is just, IMO, completely ridiculous.

"I'm very disappointed about the British fans and it makes me wonder whether I really want to ride in this country again.

I'm not surprised so many foreign riders don't want to ride over here, not after the treatment they get.

"It also makes me even more determined in my fight to win the World Championship this year."

And I for one hope he goes and shows everyone he can do it :approve:

Nicki also says in the interview that he sustained some rib damage and took a knock to his head - shame on those who cheered when he went down. Regardless of who he is, how sick do you have to be to cheer when a rider - or any human, for that matter - has been involved in an accident and come out of it injured??

Nicki correct not his fault the ref was rubbish..i thought what did in the final by getting up after a bad crash was fantastic well done nicki .

Nikki P did nothing wrong. The ref made a couple of crap calls, that's not the riders fault.

He should be congratulated for getting his bike off the track quickly in the final. If my memory is right he's done that before in a GP, maybe a semi or another final.

He would be the first to agree he was a bit wayward as a younger guy but now he's hard but fair rider.

Nikki P did nothing wrong. The ref made a couple of crap calls, that's not the riders fault.

He should be congratulated for getting his bike off the track quickly in the final. If my memory is right he's done that before in a GP, maybe a semi or another final.

He would be the first to agree he was a bit wayward as a younger guy but now he's hard but fair rider.

Nicki did the same in Copenhagen a few years back in the final when he crashed..he got up and let the final continue = funny how only the bad things stay in everyones memories..

I thought it was disgusting how much he was booed and people laughing when he crashed too..but he will have the last laugh in the end anyway..people really should just get over it and realise it was 100% the ref's fault. A major loss not to have him riding in the UK but who can blame the guy...

Guest chris26
From the interview with Nicki:

"I'm very disappointed about the British fans and it makes me wonder whether I really want to ride in this country again.

who cares? I don't. Riders want to ride in Britain because they want to. If they don't want to, fine, they can sod off as far as I am concerned. The league is all the better without people like them. To me, people like Greg Hancock (different matter I know) will ALWAYS be WELCOMED BACK to these shores because even if he is unhappy with the fans, you don't hear/read him mouthing off to the press about it (well, not what I have read anyway).

can't blame Eastbourne for letting him go after the ridicolous amount of money that he was rumoured to want. :rolleyes:

Nicki is theatre, he's what we pay our money for surely? I dislike the guy a fair bit but I'd still happily pay to see him ride but I'll still boo him (I was booing him from the presentation onwards, so it was nice of everyone to copy me ;)) and I did have a safrican american when Rune Holta made a little bit of contact with him.

I go to speedway not only to cheer for riders I like but to give the ones I don't like a bit of stick, it's nothing personal (I don't know Nicki) and there no malice intended. The cheering in the final was poor and the booing after his geat act of sportmanship in the final was a bit off IMO, as I said, I don't like him but even I clapped him for getting off the track. That said, I'll continue to boo him in Prague and he'll thrive on it and play up to it. Nobody will get hurt, nobody will die and nobody is going to lose out becuase of it but I'll have a laugh and hopefully if a few more join in (as they did last night) it'll add to the event.

I bet Nicki gave that interview with a huge smile on his face, he loves being the centre of attention, he loves being the bad boy and most of us love him being the bad boy.

Nicki puts bums on seats - shame those same bums boo him, he is class and definitely Eastbourne's loss, I would rather watch him race than those who just go round and round and do nothing year in year out, but I admire them too, as like probably 90% of people on here I can't even ride a speedway bike, let alone race one on what can only be decribed as a "rough" track at cardiff.

I thought it was disgusting how much he was booed and people laughing when he crashed too..

Yes agree it was the ref's bad decisions - but Nicki is not blameless as he is the one who TWICE moved almost at right angles across the track to get the rider in red excluded!

He keeps getting away with it and the more refs that let him do so, the more he'll keep doing it!

Of course he was going to get booed - he got two riders excluded , both of which had chances to get into the semi finals

And as to cheering at his misfortunes in the final - I'll think you'll find that people were cheering not at the crash per se, but at the fact that justice had been done and despite all the murky moves he pulled to get to the final, he didn't win it......

Thank you.

I don't want to start another Nicki debate, so my only comment - and MY opinion - on this heat will be: Nicki didn't actually touch Hancock.

:lol:

What race were you watching!

He moved out wide and took Hancock to the fence.

:lol:

What race were you watching!

He moved out wide and took Hancock to the fence.

Yep.. but thats the line at Prague.

I was there that night, stood at the point of the impact, and in every heat a similar thing was happening. The track narrows at that point and there's a high likelihood if incidents.

As for Cardiff, it was the referee's fault for not excluding Nicki.

I don't buy the all 4 back idea. The incidents were caused by Nicki, he tried to come across, didn't make it and ran into another rider who would have been oblivious to his presence.

Nicki staying down on the track is just professionalism. Only an idiot would get straight up... remember the last GP and Lukas Dryml?

Edited by BWitcher

People convieniently forget some thing and not others .

The race that Bomber crashed in when he had his injury , half a lap earlier he lost control and clouted Hans Andersen who was going full pelt down the back straight and did marvelously to actually stay on his bike .

That could have been an even worse crash.

Biggest pratt of poster is the person who started this thread.

But the Polish plonker of a ref spoilt the besT GP ever for Bjarne Pedersen.

Edited by Eastie

I knew i should've went up my mums to watch it, but personally, i'd rather there had been racing at Berwick than it all stopping for this, i'll watch the Youtube clips when i get home, can't see 'em at work :)

he is class and definitely Eastbourne's loss,

Eastbourne's gain as they signed a rider who will actually team ride with their partner if they are up with them. Scott Nicholls is a team man and will look after his team mate, Nicki will just go hell for leather for a win and sod his poor team mate who will have to fend for himself. Just look at the way Lewis Bridger has developed at Number Two riding with Scotty.

It was the same at Oxford when he rode for the Silver Machine, out front and sod his partner.

When I go to league speedway I like to see Team Riding if they are together either for a 3-3 or for a 5-1.

As for Nicki being a bit rough, yes he does ride like a plonker at times and has been involved in a good many racing incidents in which he is to blame.

Anyone remember the Coventry V Oxford meeting when Coventry were on for a 5-1 when Nicki come steaming up the inside and took out both Coventry riders?