British Speedway Forum

Might as well change this title to "What a mess" as it looks to me like all the British riders failed in Motala.

Surely you're not suggesting the GP circus might be losing out on something because of that though Subedei ? :P

The three or four riders, who could actually score points in a GP, all qualified from this Semi comfortably, so...

Personally I think Dave Watt is a good enough rider to be battling for a place in there, but is he actually bovvered ?

No, but the likes of unSteady just embarrass themselves and their nation by even entering.

Surely you're not suggesting the GP circus might be losing out on something because of that though Subedei ? :P

The three or four riders, who could actually score points in a GP, all qualified from this Semi comfortably, so...

Personally I think Dave Watt is a good enough rider to be battling for a place in there, but is he actually bovvered ?

Think Davey really fancied a go at the G.P's but felt he didnt want to let Poole down last night .

Just a shame his loyalty to Poole cost him a chance today due to a flight delay .

With so many riders taking the piss out of the Elite League, for their own ends, hope this doesnt give them even more reason to do so .

I really feel for Davey missing out but in this situation I can do nothing but praise him for putting Poole first. Top man for putting his team before his own personal glory. Shame he couldn't have ridden, think he probably had a chance.

Shame about the Brits.

Think Davey really fancied a go at the G.P's but felt he didnt want to let Poole down last night .

Just a shame his loyalty to Poole cost him a chance today due to a flight delay .

With so many riders taking the piss out of the Elite League, for their own ends, hope this doesnt give them even more reason to do so .

I don't think Davey would have "let Poole down" if he hadn't ridden last night. It wasn't as if the team were depleted or anything and RR would have covered for him comfortably. Laudable thought it is that he decided to ride last night, if he has any designs on GP qualification in the future he needs to be a tad more selfish.

But he got in by default (Theo's injury) and now the same luck has befallen Bjerre, who deserves credit for making the most out of his good fortune.

You're possibly spot on Salty, and as I said on finding out he would ride at Coventry, I don't think that 99% of the Poole fans would have had any argument with him if he'd done the same as Rory and Steady. But I really do appreciate his gesture, and feel absolutely gutted for him that a glitch in the connections has boogered it up for him. Just goes to prove that it's true that nice guys don't get the rewards they deserve. Let's hope he feels philosophically about it when things die down and he's back home!

The thing is, neither Schlein nor Watt initially entered the GP qualification process. And maybe Coventry's fixtures were decided on that basis. Watt maybe decided to honour his Poole contract, while Schlein decided to chase personal glory, although it ended up in humiliating ignomy.

Still, Richardson doing very nicely in Italy. And Zielona Gora is a track he knows very well.

That's kinda why i'm hoping he might take the philosophical view about it Sube - he seemed rather lackadaisical when called up for the previous round from memory so perhaps he'll just view it as a chance that got away. I hope so, I'd hate to think he'd end up resenting making the decision to ride for us last night. :neutral:

I don't think he's the type to do that, to be honest.

Young sub ,any link to the other gp semi final that rico is in ?

Looks like a bad crash involving Guglielmo Franchetti has held the meeting up.

Hmmm! I thought that from reading the post on your link, something to do with him and Ljung!

Not a clue about the rest of it though! :blink: sorry, should add there that I hope they are OK!

Edited by SuzieQ

Yes:

http://www.livespeedway.pl/race_detail.php?id=318

It looks like going passed midnight in Italy, but Richardson is through okay. And he's an ex-Zielona Gora rider, so who knows?

Cheers sub .....how many ex swindon riders doing well in that ?

I see david howe dreams are over for another year :shock:

May have to go to the final someone has got to old man pk in his place :lol: