British Speedway Forum

Who's Idea was it Sc(D)ribbler :blink: :blink:

Sorry D ( R )usty Bins Sidekick :lol:

Edited by scribbler

Can not understand moving a shared event from a track that attracts one of the boggest crowds in the league. Is this really in the interests of all the clubs?

I gues that if you live in the area it's OK - even during the holiday period :unsure:. With no motorway links, busy roads at weekends and the cost of fuel and travel expenses (having read Jason Pipe's problems with the cost for the Bronze Helmet at easier-to-get-to Weymouth) it might be difficult for clubs less well off to be able to afford to send riders to Plymouth - especially Sittinbourne at this worrying time for them.

And let's not forget the weather :wink: This 'summer' it's been more Sunny North and Rainy South 'cos I've spent the last few Fridays sat in my garden in the sun when Plymouth have had their rain-offs :lol:

Can not understand moving a shared event from a track that attracts one of the boggest crowds in the league. Is this really in the interests of all the clubs?

Depends if you want to watch speedway or motocross! :lol:

Sorry D ( R )usty Bins Sidekick :lol:

Touch'e

Give it to Sittingbourne or Buxton.

Flippin 'eck Fireblade, you are I agreeing on something for the first time ever, I reckon we must both be guilty of hitting the bottle :shock:

My choice under the current circumstances would be Sittingbourne, but I would travel to either if it was held on a Sunday.

Cya Sunday at the Norfolk Arena :wink:

Sittingbourne is just as far from North West based riders as Plymouth is for North East.

I hope it is in the Midlands somewhere myself.

Malcolm Vasey

Give it to Stoke...Please? :P

Sittingbourne is just as far from North West based riders as Plymouth is for North East.

I hope it is in the Midlands somewhere myself.

Malcolm Vasey

Hi Malcolm,

I'd love to see it held in a grand stadium like Coventry, which of course would be nice and central. Staging it there might just encourage a few Elite League fans from the Midlands to go along and have a peep at Conference League for the first time, and see what a great package that level of racing offers.

Mike

Hi Malcolm,

I'd love to see it held in a grand stadium like Coventry, which of course would be nice and central. Staging it there might just encourage a few Elite League fans from the Midlands to go along and have a peep at Conference League for the first time, and see what a great package that level of racing offers.

Mike

I agree. It needs to be on a neutral track and central to all travelling supporters. We certainly would not travel to Plymouth, too far away. A bit like the PL fours at Workington......too far away and not neutral.

Give it to Somerset they have one of the best tracks and facilites in the country, proven record with shared events and the sun does shine there too

or how about staging a one off at Oxford?

I agree with "the nuteral ground" would that mean EL shared events should ride at PL Ground? & PL at EL Tracks? I'll have some of that please!

In other words its Plymouths title if they hold it! Where as if its anywhere else, they wont have all their support, they probably wont win it so they wont be happy!

I say what about Birmingham, Sheffield but obviously it all depends if there will to allow a Conference League meeting to take place!!!

Not exactly a neutral track :unsure:

IF anyone should have this event it SHOULD be Sittingbourne 'cos they need it :wink:

I'd agree with Sittingbourne getting it if nothing else to try and get some people to visit the track who never had before. As this is a shared event though they will benefit exactly the same wherever it is held.

But the call about neutral tracks, well Scunthorpe fans didn't exactly complain when they held the pairs.

My big fear is that there may be no League next year and the event won't be held.

I agree. It needs to be on a neutral track and central to all travelling supporters. We certainly would not travel to Plymouth, too far away. A bit like the PL fours at Workington......too far away and not neutral.

Its the same with us.

Midlands isn't exactly the nearest to the North Norfolk Coast, but its a few hours so its not too bad, gives us a better chance anyway! Plymouth is simply too far away, as, sadly, would be Somerset. Somewhere a bit more central could only be good. And neutral, of course, is always better.

I'd agree with Sittingbourne getting it if nothing else to try and get some people to visit the track who never had before. As this is a shared event though they will benefit exactly the same wherever it is held.

But the call about neutral tracks, well Scunthorpe fans didn't exactly complain when they held the pairs.

My big fear is that there may be no League next year and the event won't be held.

I'm a Speedway fan first and a Scunthorpe supporter second because of where I live now(look at my avatar :wink: ).

Sittingbourne need some help so letting them have the CL Fours seems a good idea. I'm worried about whether CL will happen next season too - if rumours are correct :unsure: