British Speedway Forum

Problem with that, of course, is that it means no dramatic race-off, so it's a non-starter.

if 2 teams finish on the same points surely it is only fair that the team who hasnt used their joker should be the called the winner

Just be totaly radical the side that scores most points WINS No Joke :mad:

if 2 teams finish on the same points surely it is only fair that the team who hasnt used their joker should be the called the winner

There would be no point in playing the Joker then,its a rule that most Speedway fans dislike but it does help keep the scores close,and for nuetral fans and first time viewers it works,the fact we are discussing it confirms that.

At last, the voice of reason!........................Sorry,pal,this is speedway.

Dunno about the "Voice of Reason", sounds to me like someone had a few bob on Poland! :rolleyes:

National support aside though BFD, you gotta see that it is a crap rule - the Poles got their points through hard work which was wiped out in one heat because of a golden dingly dangly allowing your guys right back in it. I've no gripe which of the two teams went through to the final, but I did feel for the Poles; same as I'd have done for the Aussies had the shoe been on the other foot - more so in fact as the Polskis were on home turf. And I'll say the say if by some total shock, it happens to us...unlikely though as I think the play-off beckins yet again.

I do love this competition though, it throws up some great racing, and even if last night wasn't a classic, there was enough to entertain, especially the showing of the Russians and in particular, young Sajfutdinov - fearless and fast, just what I love to see on track. Can't wait til Thrusday now! :D

Edited by rabbit

Fair call about the rule, Wabbs, but its there for all teams to exploit - :oops: OOOOps - I mean take advantage of - :oops: OOOOps :rolleyes:

Should be a great night THURSday!! :lol:

Fair call about the rule, Wabbs, but its there for all teams to exploit -:oops: OOOOps - I mean take advantage of -:oops: OOOOps :rolleyes:

Should be a great night THURSday!! :lol:

You might be watching on THURSday, but Rabs and me'll be watching Thrusday, thank you... :D

Brain working faster than my fingers as always :lol: I did edit after posting about a 'pay-off' but missed that one ;)

Least you didn't ask if I have a brain! :lol:;)

Edited by rabbit

No need ......we know the answer :lol::lol:

Ah, yes, the arcane workings of a Woman's Brain! :lol:

Lucky we ain't got one, eh, boys!! :blink::rolleyes:

Having seen Olsen onTV yeterday, I can only suppose that he will be in charge of the track on Monday night. I trust, therefore, that the track will be a bald as a badger's nether regions in order for the Danes to go straight through to Saturday.

Ole Olsen or the usual track curator Colin Meredith. Makes no difference really because you can almost guarantee the track will be slick with hardly any shale and perfect for the Danes.

The chances of them making the track more suitable for the racers in the G.B. team like Stead, Nicholls and Harris are virtually nil. :neutral:

just watched the forecast before heading off to bed -

dry, dry, warm and dry!!

Bring It on!!! :lol::lol: