British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Congratulations Middlo Bashers

Actually, I don't disagree with kingpin23699's post above, or with Melchy, but anyway...

Had Team GB done well, everyone would have been congratulating the riders, but instead, not only the riders, but also the management are roundly condemned. I really don't feel that "National Pride" is as big a factor in sport these days, but that is not necessarily a reflection on an individual's efforts, be it a rider or manager. I do not doubt for one second that the lads were trying their hardest. However, I can tell you from experience, that in competitive sport, it is not difficult to become disillusioned and deflated when things aren't going well. There is nothing worse for anyone participating in such a sport to be heckled or abused.

The fact is that British riders are NOT out there, either in quantity or quality. That should not be construed as criticism of any individuals concerned, because it isn't, merely a reflection of the state of British speedway at the present time. Maybe Woffinden and/or Kennett would have made a difference, but as has been said, when Nicholls, Richardson, and Harris performed like they did, I doubt if it would have made much of a difference.

Oh, and Subedei (and others), while you may be correct in your statement about respect being earned, that should not automatically dictate that an individual who has yet to earn your respect, should be subjected to the kind of intolerance and abuse that I have witnessed on some of these threads. Whether or not that person's views coincide with yours, and whether you are even acquainted with that person, people do at least deserve a little civility and courtesy. Intelligence is no substitute.

Steve

Edited by chunky

No dear that is exclusive to you!

i just own the rights dear :wink:

If you say.

Who knows exactly because the forum has been going since 2001, but it's definitely Middlo. You're getting too cynical. Must have been those changes Wolverhampton were promised but nothing has happened yet. :lol:

check Middlos profile then if you dont believe me :approve: Its VERY clear when he joined :approve:

If it IS Middlo then im disappointed in his points of view on here.

However like he says - he is entitled to his opinion.

Just surprised at the rant.

Ill believe you Gemini - im sure you know whats what :P

this thread lacks brevity & objectivity. it is once again starting to smell disgusting..

:approve: