British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Hi what does people think to our dismall riding i thought with 5 coventry riders in we should have walked this 1 straight to final, going to be touch and go from here on in.

wife even gave up and went to bed before half way through. there should be no excuses as track was same for all riders, thought it might have been done more to gb liking though. dont think the replacements will do much better.

Aye you have to laugh . :lol: Just as well we used track experts or we might have finished last .

The only change i'd make for Thursday is Lee Dicken for Simon Stead , who was a wee bit disappointing . :unsure:

anyone have full score card for tonight...........im sure it is in here somewhere but cant seem to find it. :blink:

Edited by volt

SWC EVENT II: Coventry - 14-07-08

Great Britain..25.5

1..S Nicholls..1,0,0,2,1 = 4

2..C Harris..2,1,1,3,1.5,0 = 8.5

3..L Richardson..2,1,0,2,1 = 6

4..S Stead..0,1,1,0 = 2

5..O Allen..2,0,1,2,0 = 5

Sweden..50.5

1..F Lindgren..2,3,2,1.5,3 = 11.5

2..P Ljung..1,2,1,1,2 = 7

3..A Jonsson..1,2,3,1,2 = 9

4..J Davidsson..3,6,3,1,3 = 16

5..D Nermark..1,2,3,1,0 = 7

Czech Republic..13

1..M Kus..0,0,1 = 1

2..A Dryml..0,0,0,0 = 0

3..A Rymel..0,1,3,0,0,2 = 6

4..F Sitera..1,1,0,0,0,0 = 2

5..L Tomicek..0,2,1,0,1,1 = 5

Denmark..63

1..N Pedersen..3,3,2,3,3 = 14

2..N-K Iversen..3,2,2,3,2 = 12

3..K Bjerre..3,3,3,2,3 = 14

4..H Andersen..2,0,2,3,3 = 10

5..B Pedersen..3,3,2,3,2 = 13

Ht 1..N Pedersen, Lindgren, Nicholls, Kus 1-2-0-3 (1-2-0-3)

Ht 2..Iversen, Harris, Ljung, Dryml 2-1-0-3 (3-3-0-6)

Ht 3..Bjerre, Richardson, Jonsson, Rymel 2-1-0-3 (5-4-0-9)

Ht 4..Davidsson, Andersen, Sitera, Stead 0-3-1-2 (5-7-1-11)

Ht 5..B Pedersen, Allen, Nermark, Tomicek 2-1-0-3 (7-8-1-14)

Ht 6..Bjerre, Nermark, Sitera, Nicholls [J] 0-2-1-3 (7-10-2-17)

Ht 7..Lindgren, Tomicek, Harris, Andersen 1-3-2-0 (8-13-4-17)

Ht 8..B Pedersen, Ljung, Richardson, Kus 1-2-0-3 (9-15-4-20)

Ht 9..N Pedersen, Jonsson, Stead, Dryml 1-2-0-3 (10-17-4-23)

Ht 10..Davidsson [J], Iversen, Rymel, Allen 0-6-1-2 (10-23-5-25)

Ht 11..Rymel, Andersen, Ljung, Nicholls [Ex] 0-1-3-2 (10-24-8-27)

Ht 12..Jonsson, B Pedersen, Harris, Sitera 1-3-0-2 (11-27-8-29)

Ht 13..Davidsson, N Pedersen, Tomicek, Richardson 0-3-1-2 (11-30-9-31)

Ht 14..Nermark, Iversen, Stead, [J] Rymel [Ex] 1-3-0-2 (12-33-9-33)

Ht 15..Bjerre, Lindgren, Allen, Dryml 1-2-0-3 (13-35-9-36)

Ht 16..Iversen, Nicholls, Jonsson, Tomicek 2-1-0-3 (15-36-9-39)

Ht 17..Harris, Bjerre, Davidsson, Sitera 3-1-0-2 (18-37-9-41)

Ht 18..Andersen, Richardson, Nermark, Dryml 2-1-0-3 (20-38-9-44)

Ht 19..B Pedersen, Lindgren-Harris [DH], Rymel 1.5-1.5-0-3 (21.5-39.5-9-47)

Ht 20..N Pedersen, Allen, Ljung, Sitera 2-1-0-3 (23.5-40.5-9-50)

Ht 21..Davidsson, B Pedersen, Nicholls, Tomicek 1-3-0-2 (24.5-43.5-9-52)

Ht 22..N Pedersen, Rymel, Harris [E/F], Nermark [Ex] 0-0-2-3 (24.5-43.5-11-55)

Ht 23..Lindgren, Iversen, Richardson, Sitera 1-3-0-2 (25.5-46.5-11-57)

Ht 24..Bjerre, Ljung, Sitera, Stead 0-2-1-3 (25.5-48.5-12-60)

Ht 25..Andersen, Jonsson, Kus, Allen 0-2-1-3 (25.5-50.5-13-63)

Notes:

1..Ht 1 and we've a re-run with all 4 after an unsatisfactory start.

2..Ht 2 and we've a re-run with all 4 after an unsatisfactory start.

3..Ht 6 and Nicholls takes a Joker ride in a tactical move by Great Britain.

4..Ht 7 and we've a re-run with all 4 after an unsatisfactory start.

5..Ht 10 and Davidsson takes a Joker ride in a tactical move by Sweden.

6..Ht 11 and we've a re-run without Great Britain's Nicholls who gets into mischief and is excluded.

7..Ht 14 and Rymel replaces Kus as a "Joker" in a tactical move by the Czech Republic.

7..Ht 14 and we've a re-run with all 4 after an unsatisfactory start.

8..Ht 14 and we've a re-run without the Czech Republic's Rymel who gets into mischief and is excluded.

9..Ht 17 and Sitera replaces Kus in a tactical move by the Czech Republic.

10..Ht 19 and Harris replaces Stead in a tactical move by Great Britain.

11..Ht 21 and Tomicek replaces Dryml in a tactical move by the Czech Republic.

12..Ht 22 and we've a re-run without Sweden's Nermark who gets into mischief and is excluded.

THANKS Subedei !!!

Hi what does people think to our dismall riding i thought with 5 coventry riders in we should have walked this 1 straight to final, going to be touch and go from here on in.

wife even gave up and went to bed before half way through. there should be no excuses as track was same for all riders, thought it might have been done more to gb liking though. dont think the replacements will do much better.

This has to be a wind-up :blink:

How were we going to walk it against the best team in the world, and how was a hard slick track going to be to our liking? :unsure:

to be honest I thought olly allen rode really well tonight

Olly is the only one that can take any pride out of his performance last night.

With 2 last places, one 3rd and 2 2nds, I hardly think thats deserves singling out for praise. Interested to know what you mean by "really well". After all, he was on his home track, and 5 points from 5 rides, in a league meeting, would get him a tirade of abuse.

I was led to believe that he was rather a good gater, but no evidence of that last night. Not much better than his brother, IMO.

First of all that wasn't a league meeting. The opposition was the toughest he's ever faced. The track was very slick. He was probably spinning badly out of the starts. He may have been last in heat 25 but what an effort on the first turn. It was all over by then, had been for about 1½ hours, but a bit of that type of commitment from some of the others would have been nice. Even after almost going through the fence he chased hard and tried every line on the track. I've seen virtually every race Olly has had around Brandon and I've never seen him try as hard as he did in heat 25. He normally has his favourite line and sticks to it. I think he covered every square inch last night!! And lets not forget he ourscored Scott and Simon, scored just one less than Lee and Chris needed an extra ride to record just 3½ points more.

I think you are right, I didn't expect him to compete as well as he did and I feel he was a little unlucky in his last ride as well.

First of all that wasn't a league meeting. The opposition was the toughest he's ever faced. The track was very slick. He was probably spinning badly out of the starts. He may have been last in heat 25 but what an effort on the first turn. It was all over by then, had been for about 1½ hours, but a bit of that type of commitment from some of the others would have been nice. Even after almost going through the fence he chased hard and tried every line on the track. I've seen virtually every race Olly has had around Brandon and I've never seen him try as hard as he did in heat 25. He normally has his favourite line and sticks to it. I think he covered every square inch last night!! And lets not forget he ourscored Scott and Simon, scored just one less than Lee and Chris needed an extra ride to record just 3½ points more.

It seems that you had your Coventry blinkers on last night. I'd expect effort alone, to get him praise, if he was an up and coming youngster, in the CL or PL. But, he is an experienced EL rider, who has been picked to ride for his country on numerous occasions. He was also picked last night, for his knowledge of the track. And the return form him, was very poor indeed. Don't forget, there were 2 PL riders, who managed to win a race each, and they raced against the same opposition, I believe, and it wasn't their home track.

I am not suggesting he deserves all of the criticism, for from it. They were all a digrace, IMO. But you are defending him by suggesting he had a better meetin than the others, and I can't have that at all.

Picked to ride for his country on numerous occasions??? He was easily the only Brit to come out with any credit last night, he is after all an Elite League 2nd string at the mo and certainly did not digrace himself.

Picked to ride for his country on numerous occasions??? He was easily the only Brit to come out with any credit last night, he is after all an Elite League 2nd string at the mo and certainly did not digrace himself.

Agreed, aside from getting out of shape in his last heat he was ok (ish)

It seems that you had your Coventry blinkers on last night. I'd expect effort alone, to get him praise, if he was an up and coming youngster, in the CL or PL. But, he is an experienced EL rider, who has been picked to ride for his country on numerous occasions. He was also picked last night, for his knowledge of the track. And the return form him, was very poor indeed. Don't forget, there were 2 PL riders, who managed to win a race each, and they raced against the same opposition, I believe, and it wasn't their home track.

I am not suggesting he deserves all of the criticism, for from it. They were all a digrace, IMO. But you are defending him by suggesting he had a better meetin than the others, and I can't have that at all.

Firstly, I'm in no way a Coventry fan. How very dare you! It makes me feel sick just think of it. :P

Olly has only been an EL regular for 3 years. He's never, as far as I can remember, ridden at this level. Again as far as I can remember, this is easily the toughest opposition he's ever faced.

His knowledge of the track went out the window when it was prepared so slick. As I've just mentioned on one of the other threads he has beaten Crump around Brandon twice this season, but on a grippy track. The track has generally been fairly to very slick for a year now, but last night was even more slick.

Yes, Rymel and Nermark had a, or a couple of, good ride/s.

He did do better than the rest and should be congratulated for his effort. The score card doesn't tell the whole story. Olly gave that absolutely every thing he had. He went into the season as a 5.3 point rider and is now a 6½ point rider. 5 points was a fair return. Had the others scored what they should have for their ability I doubt Olly would have attracted such a negative response. I can only assume some are just biased and can't see past it.

Agreed, aside from getting out of shape in his last heat he was ok (ish)

Okay, so it didn't work but I thought that was one hell of a brave first turn by Olly. And he didn't shy away from racing after regaining control. If a rider throws that much at it I have no complaints.

Olly has only been an EL regular for 3 years. He's never, as far as I can remember, ridden at this level. Again as far as I can remember, this is easily the toughest opposition he's ever faced.

Didn't he ride as a reserve in last year's WTC final? I'm sure he did...