British Speedway Forum

Another GP, another contest on how to gate on concrete tracks, no racing what so ever, utter rubbish.

Other than the diehards why would anyone go to a GP.

Olsen single handed has over the years ruined Speedway, for everyone that says first out the gate wins, Well tonight proved that once and for all .

It was boring tonight, I put the sky plus on after heat 10 and turned over and watched casualty to stay awake and then switched back and fast forwarded sky plus and that didnt help.

again a very slick track and those sitting on the fence about those out of the start wins will be happy tonight, the tracks need grip, these guys are the best in the world not novices who need a slick track to turn the corner.

very poor night for world class racing

Very dull meeting :rolleyes: - glad I SKY+'d it and watched it later. Even them I whizzed through most of the heats. :blink:

I accept Dryml and Kasprzak Qualified fair and square.

Dryml did, Kasprzak didn't.

On the other hand, the smiley loveliness of Greg Hancock and his overall genuine talent and good natured comments makes him a great ambassador for the sport...But as we all know life just isn't like that...

You jest, surely? I find him a cheesy parody of himself. Someone really ought to tell him that Ricky Bobby was a pishtake! :rolleyes: As for that can of drink he keeps plugging, with logo always facing outwards, he nearly choked on it trying to get his plug in and the question in the interview was shorter than he expected. Comedy highlight of the evening. :lol:

As for the GP, boring, boring, boring. I can only think that the nightlife in Prague must make this GP, cos the racng certainly doesn't. Well done to Nicki anyway, he looked a class above tonight and despite Crumpie's efforts, no-one in reality was going to touch him.

And without sounding biased, which I know that it will :lol: but Holder surely has a chance of a wildcard. He'd do no worse that Dryml (and I say that with a heavy heart) or Kasprzak. In fact the way he's riding at the moment, he'd easily sit mid-table there without trying.

Edited for typos.

Edited by rabbit

I can only think that the nightlife in Prague must make this GP, cos the racng certainly doesn't.

You think it could be a case of Cabaret Atlas here we come?

Pre-meeting yes, because anyone rating this as one to watch for the racing quality, must surely have had a skinful en-route. :unsure:

It needs a big shake up. There are too many riders who are just making the numbers up.

They need to change the qualification systems. There's too many nominations IMO.

Dryml did, Kasprzak didn't.

I stand corrected. So Kasprzak was given a wildcard over Hampel and Jagus!

Did they not both miss a few GP’s last year due to injury?

They need to change the qualification systems. There's too many nominations IMO.

Should go back to 2 wildcards for every GP - let the home association pick a home rider (despite being a complete waste of space tonight!) and one other rider who is perfoming well across the domestic leagues. This would give the Holders etc, a chance whilst giving up & coming locals a taste. And a revamp of qualification is essential - this year we got Dryml (no comment), next year it could be Ferjan or Richardson :-(

It was boring tonight

As for the GP, boring, boring, boring.

Very dull meeting

Music to my ears :)

I stand corrected. So Kasprzak was given a wildcard over Hampel and Jagus!

Did they not both miss a few GP’s last year due to injury?

But a year ago, Kasprzak was riding well enough to be rewarded a wild card. This year he has been awful on the international scene

You jest, surely? I find him a cheesy parody of himself.

Maybe she does. ;) Makes a change though for some of the GP riders not to take themselves too seriously. Or is it because they hardly ever want to interview the 'Grey Man' at a GP? :)

Incidentally, it does not matter what 18 riders you include in these GP's. You will always have a first and a last. The last, many will not be happy with. Not one of the best tonight for sure, but some are better than others. Is that not the case with everything in this imperfect world? :rolleyes:

Edited by Squire

But a year ago, Kasprzak was riding well enough to be rewarded a wild card. This year he has been awful on the international scene

I agree, but from memory did Jagus not make the rostrum once or twice,

And had he not got injured would have made the top eight. Maybe his face did not fit.

Hampel missed three Grands Prix last season, while Wieslaw Jagus didn't miss any, but was withdrawn after 3 rides at Eskilstuna after being Nicki Ped - he'd won his previous two races and Eskilstuna is his home track in Sweden. But, as it happens, Jagus didn't seem that bothered about missing out on the GPs - he missed a couple of lucrative league meetings due to the Eskilstuna crash. Jagus would rather earn money than pay for the privilege of trying to be world champion.

I agree, but from memory did Jagus not make the rostrum once or twice,

Once last season - in Lonigo - and he finished 4th as a "wild card" in the Polish Grand Prix the year before.

Edited by Subedei