British Speedway Forum

HAve to agree with those comments about the Poles, their were certainly the surprise package of the meeting, and at one point I thought that they were going to runaway with the title, I think with the Aussies the stuffing was knocked out of them when Crumpie withdrew from the meeting, and I think if the Swedes could have start the meeting a bit better then they could have made a better challenge of it.

I started off cheering for the Aussies but ended up cheering for the Danes :rolleyes: ....

Ok, losing crump was a massive blow,but they all but gave up after that and Ryan Sullivan didn't even start. I expected more spirit from the Aussies.

Great meeting with some real comedy moments- The interviews with Jagus and Gollob, Bjarnes one fingered wave at Gollob :lol:

A well deserved win, by a professional team, with incredible team spirit... You can't half see how they win people round :approve:

And hopefully a good payday for Hans at last.

Bjarnes one fingered wave at Gollob :lol:

What was that all about? Bjarne Pedersen should stop being such a pansy. Gollob did nothing at all wrong - just typical limp-wristed riding from Bjarne Pedersen. And he should've been excluded for laying his bike down in Ht 7 - he even admitted he laid it down in interview.

What was that all about? Bjarne Pedersen should stop being such a pansy. Gollob did nothing at all wrong - just typical limp-wristed riding from Bjarne Pedersen. And he should've been excluded for laying his bike down in Ht 7 - he even admitted he laid it down in interview.

Have to agree with you on the Pedersen and Gollob incident, Tomas had done nothing wrong, I can only assume that Pedersen was peed off that Gollob beat him.

What do you mean SUB?

You must have watched the incident through "red and white" tinted glases (not the white cross) as you come with a comment like that.

Maybe Gollob did nothing wrong according to the rule-book, but he was riding very hard on Bjarne, almost made him to crash !

Regarding the other comment, then I'm convinced that you are wrong.

Bjarnes frontwheel was hit by a dirtdeflector (I can't recall whos, but the reviews clearly showed it).

Maybe some sour grapes SUB as the Poles did not win ?

But then again. My pooint of view is throug "White cross" shaped glases.

Quite out of charactor for Bjarne to lose it with Gollob. He is normally a placid guy who quietly goes about his business but he was clearly upset and to throw his back wheel and hand signals showed he was fired up.

A few people think he is dull because he is quietly spoken, but Poole fans know what he can do and he does his talking on the track. While he is never going to be a world champion because he doesn't have that killer streak in him, he is still a very class act and big scorer, and I would be happy to keep him in the Poole team until his retirement.

And I suppose been a Poole fan that is all that matters as long as you are happy with him.

What do you mean SUB?

You must have watched the incident through "red and white" tinted glases (not the white cross) as you come with a comment like that.

Maybe Gollob did nothing wrong according to the rule-book, but he was riding very hard on Bjarne, almost made him to crash !

Bjarnes frontwheel was hit by a dirtdeflector (I can't recall whos, but the reviews clearly showed it).

You're not wrong. Your view is definitely through "white cross" tinted glasses. You probably didn't think Bjerre should've been excluded in Ht 18. That was one of the worst refereeing decisions ever.

But Gollob hard on Pansy Pedersen? What on earth are you on about? The Pansy just about had Gollob in the fence going down the back straight. Is this just a case of the limp-wristed Bjarne wanting to dish it out but not able to take it? And it doesn't matter if the deflector hit him - he wasn't going to make it so he laid it down. He should've been excluded.

Edited by Subedei

What do you mean SUB?

Sorry Garf,i have to dissagree on this one,Bjarne took Gollob wide and did'nt expect him to be able to get through IMO,Bjarne's reaction was probably born out of frustration not anger.

The best team still won on the night though so Congrats to all in Denmark.

Edited by hyderd

You're not wrong. Your view is definitely through "white cross" tinted glasses. You probably didn't think Bjerre should've been excluded in Ht 18. That was one of the worst refereeing decisions ever.

But Gollob hard on Pansy Pedersen? What on earth are you on about? The Pansy just about had Gollob in the fence going down the back straight. Is this just a case of the limp-wristed Bjarne wanting to dish it out but not able to take it? And it doesn't matter if the deflector hit him - he wasn't going to make it so he laid it down. He should've been excluded.

Hmmmm. What happened here ? Anything particulary ?

Congrats, best team won, very proffessional and team spirit was amazing, the best team won

Just shows what can be acheived when you put little kids on 50cc bikes and train them for 10 years or so!

Finally caught up with the meeting and what a shame the rain came.

Didn’t affect the final placings although Crump's injury did.

Denmark were not quite as dominant as I expected but where worthy winners.

Pity Sweden had such a bad start otherwise 2nd was theirs for the taking, and with the occasional Danish wobble could have made it even more interesting.

I found it almost comical how Norway/Poland were plotting to go 6 down to be able to use the joker just to stop the Swedes taking a deserved second place.

The only thing more comical than that was the Danes trying top stop Norway/Poland going 6 behind!

The Keystone Cops couldn’t have come up with a more bizarre scenario. :lol:

Then to add insult to injury my favourite foreign (non-Belle Vue) rider should choke (no wonder he never became World Champ) in Nichollesque fashion and mess up the joker and hand the Danes the win.

It’s a bit harsh to blame Gollob for Norway/Poland’s defeat, after all they had ridden well above anyone’s expectation, but when Walasek did his bit in winning the last heat while the Danes came third, well who knows?

Have they ever had a better chance of winning the SWC away from Poland?

There’s always next year, oh yeh it’s in Poland again!!

After years of trying to manufacture a World title for Gollob ‘they’ have now found something that works, draft a foreign GP rider in to boost the lightweight squad and hold the final in Poland, voila Norway/Poland are World Champions.

Splendid idea, I wonder if we could draft in Crump and Adams (and Holder while we’re at it)? Well at least Crumpy was born in Bristol (I’m sure I’ve heard Millard mention that at least once :lol: ) and they speak the same language. How is Holta’s Polish these days?

Great Britain including riders from the Commonwealth, that should work? :blink:

I doubt anyone reading the above could doubt your stupidity. I've never read such nonsense in my whole life.

Hmmmm. What happened here ? Anything particulary ?

That would be heat your beloved Bjerre did a pirouette all by his odious little self on turn 2 and still managed to get into the re-run - shameful decision from the referee.

Edited by Subedei

Good meeting and well done Denmark,but i think the turning point was when Greg W FELL OFF HIS BIKE DOING A PRACTICE START IN HEAT 4!!! He was soooooooo embarreassed it took him to the last race to finally shack off that fall!!

You know something Sube...your points would have a lot more credence if you weren't so bloody insulting towards others. Your name-calling above is pretty pathetic. It was a hard move on a difficult track, I think most people would admit that, there was no quarter asked or given in several races there last night and this time both riders thankfully stayed on but Bjarne obviously felt hard done by. His reaction was pretty tame to be honest in showing his displeasure. Certainly doesn't warrant your derogatory comments though.

Edited by rabbit

WELL DONE DENMARK!!!! So very pleased for them especially Hans after the crap he has had this week. I just hope the mess can be sorted out. Hope they had a fab party they deserved it!!!!! Was shouting my heart out downing a few voddies!!! AS YOU DO xx

Finally caught up with the meeting and what a shame the rain came.

Didn’t affect the final placings although Crump's injury did.

Denmark were not quite as dominant as I expected but where worthy winners.

Pity Sweden had such a bad start otherwise 2nd was theirs for the taking, and with the occasional Danish wobble could have made it even more interesting.

I found it almost comical how Norway/Poland were plotting to go 6 down to be able to use the joker just to stop the Swedes taking a deserved second place.

The only thing more comical than that was the Danes trying top stop Norway/Poland going 6 behind!

The Keystone Cops couldn’t have come up with a more bizarre scenario. :lol:

Then to add insult to injury my favourite foreign (non-Belle Vue) rider should choke (no wonder he never became World Champ) in Nichollesque fashion and mess up the joker and hand the Danes the win.

It’s a bit harsh to blame Gollob for Norway/Poland’s defeat, after all they had ridden well above anyone’s expectation, but when Walasek did his bit in winning the last heat while the Danes came third, well who knows?

Have they ever had a better chance of winning the SWC away from Poland?

There’s always next year, oh yeh it’s in Poland again!!

After years of trying to manufacture a World title for Gollob ‘they’ have now found something that works, draft a foreign GP rider in to boost the lightweight squad and hold the final in Poland, voila Norway/Poland are World Champions.

Splendid idea, I wonder if we could draft in Crump and Adams (and Holder while we’re at it)? Well at least Crumpy was born in Bristol (I’m sure I’ve heard Millard mention that at least once :lol: ) and they speak the same language. How is Holta’s Polish these days?

Great Britain including riders from the Commonwealth, that should work? :blink:

I doubt anyone reading the above could doubt your stupidity. I've never read such nonsense in my whole life.

Well, personally I only skimmed through his post as I could not make head nor tail of it and gave up!

Impressed you read the whole lot! :blink: