British Speedway Forum

To be honest, I am totally pissed off with the missing THJ, the guy will be a GP rider one day, the problems he has seem to be trying to be in too many places at once, but I still feel has such potential he is worthy of a bit of leeway

But, realistically, what is he going to be for Edinburgh? A long-term Monarch, or a fat cheque when he moves onwards and upwards?

Undoubtedly the latter Sube, but I will enjoy his rise to GP level while he is with us, he is a rare talent, cue jokes from Paulco using the word "rare" ;)

Was good to meet the Famous Falkirk Bandit

And you sir, sorry i never got back round but the need for the off licence dash was paramount :lol:

Its great meeting peeps from the forum, and as you..... and Big Eddie said it too, its good to actually meet people that post on the forum, getting the banter and having a wind up on here is one thing but to actually meet folk and have a blether, even for a few minutes makes it worthwhile, i'm good with faces and i know where Davy, KJ, Merlin and ML stand so i'll defo have a look for y'all next time i'm up at the 'Dale! :wink:

Edited by falkirkbandit

And you sir, sorry i never got back round but the need for the off licence dash was paramount :lol:

Its great meeting peeps from the forum, and as you..... and Big Eddie said it too, its good to actually meet people that post on the forum, getting the banter and having a wind up on here is one thing but to actually meet folk and have a blether, even for a few minutes makes it worthwhile, i'm good with faces and i know where Davy, KJ, Merlin and ML stand so i'll defo have a look for y'all next time i'm up at the 'Dale! :wink:

And it is noticable that as more and more people meet each other in the flesh, the threads become much friendlier.

Often what is intended as banter can be taken the wrong way when only posted in a forum, when the posters know nothing of each other apart from what is posted here.

Everyone who I have met - without exception - are very friendly and likeable folk.

Even the recalcitrant Subedei :)

And it is noticable that as more and more people meet each other in the flesh, the threads become much friendlier.

Often what is intended as banter can be taken the wrong way when only posted in a forum, when the posters know nothing of each other apart from what is posted here.

Everyone who I have met - without exception - are very friendly and likeable folk.

I think you may have gone too far now ;)

Pointless meeting in the middle of the season ends up with another injury for us

Not a pointless meeting for Edinburgh speedway. It's one of the meetings they rely on financially. I am sorry Grievesy got hurt but that can happen at any meeting.

Midnight Lady - you had better not be hidden away tomorrow night.

I was looking forward to bumping in to you tonight

Never fear oh great one. I will be seeing you later tonight xx

To be honest, I am totally pissed off with the missing THJ, the guy will be a GP rider one day, the problems he has seem to be trying to be in too many places at once, but I still feel has such potential he is worthy of a bit of leeway

To be fair I don't think THJ can be held accountable when flights are cancelled at short notice.

It was really good to finally meet you fb. What a lovely young man you are too :wink:

And to the meeting itself.

Well it wasn't the best Scottish Open I have witnessed. It was great too see Rory Schlein back at the Dale and there is no doubt Rory was the deserving winner as he was head and shoulders above almost everyone else. It's a shame he and Ryan Fisher didn't get to have a ding dong battle as Ryan was well up for it tonight only to develop a sick motor in his last two races :( Travis McGowan went about his business in a quiet way but he was good to watch. I was also really impressed with the way Aaron Summers rode tonight especially against the big boys and Andrew Tully so deserved to be in the final :approve:

Spot on mate :wink:

It was great to meet Sub and Gemini at the Brummie meeting at Berwick recently and Subs tale of his night out here a while back and that Lioness and Joanne have lived or are from here too!

Its not been easy financially since my dad gave me his old car but if i didn't have it, i'd never have met a few really nice people over the last few weeks, i can only afford the Berwick jaunt once a month but to be able just to nip up to Armadale if i've a spare £20 is prety cool, couldn't do it without the car.......or nana :lol:

Not a pointless meeting for Edinburgh speedway. It's one of the meetings they rely on financially. I am sorry Grievesy got hurt but that can happen at any meeting.

Never fear oh great one. I will be seeing you later tonight xx

To be fair I don't think THJ can be held accountable when flights are cancelled at short notice.

It was really good to finally meet you fb. What a lovely young man you are too :wink:

Awww, its great having the car, far far better than getting home on a friday, bunging a washing in, make tea and get fired into the beer and waffle nonsense on here, i'm really enjoying my trips to Berwick and the 'Dale through sober eyes haha, i'm only on my third can since i got home at 10.20 too :shock:

Awww, its great having the car, far far better than getting home on a friday, bunging a washing in, make tea and get fired into the beer and waffle nonsense on here, i'm really enjoying my trips to Berwick and the 'Dale through sober eyes haha, i'm only on my third can since i got home at 10.20 too :shock:

Only 3rd can?? what a woose lol ;)

Only 3rd can?? what a woose lol ;)

Fifth now :lol:

a would love to meet sub

last night was such a typical meeting at armadale, rider makes the gate and then its all over after the 2nd bend so prosesional, a couple passes for the minor places, but god was this was a boring meeting, and yet again we took abuse from ediburgh fans, the same one as the last time actually, ok ye i will admit it was the correct decision to exclude Makovsky, but there was never any mallace in over takin tully thats just what happens round there, as there is such a lack of room on the track but you cant fault a rider for wanting to pass can you, a thought it was funny one of the edinburgh fans, who in my own opinion looked and acted like a right tool called michal a gypsy god this cracked me up, i just thought go and say that to his face then we will se who is laughing

Edited by Warm&Cosy

Spot on mate :wink:

It was great to meet Sub and Gemini at the Brummie meeting at Berwick recently and Subs tale of his night out here a while back and that Lioness and Joanne have lived or are from here too!

Its not been easy financially since my dad gave me his old car but if i didn't have it, i'd never have met a few really nice people over the last few weeks, i can only afford the Berwick jaunt once a month but to be able just to nip up to Armadale if i've a spare £20 is prety cool, couldn't do it without the car.......or nana :lol:

I shall run into you one day mate ( Ashfield on Aug 31st maybe ) . I did leave the house to go to Armadale last night , but was drenched when i got to Johnstone train station so i'm afraid it was a case of " f**k this " and i just went down the club for a few bevvies instead .

At last I got to meet the Falkirk Bandit! Pleasure to meet you sir hope to have many more chats with you on your trips to the Dale (although it's not compulsory!). It's true what Bigeddiecheck says about meeting people face to face and forming friendships where we can enjoy a bit of banter, some informed and impartial chat away from the sheer bitchiness of what often passes for 'banter' on this and other forums. Where else can you make so many new friends of like mind who enjoy speedway so much? Very rarely have I been desappointed in meeting someone I only knew through posting on the forum (which is probably not what happens when they meet me!! :oops: ) To all the keyboard jockeys who will rarely experience the pleasure get out there and make yourselves known.

The meeting itself was disappointing but yet again the track was not at its best after some heavy morning rain although it stood up quite well to 22 heats of racing. I hope that James Grieves is OK after his spill. I gather that he blew his engine which caused the first bend mayhem which resulted in him and Ty Proctor coming off.

Well done and many thanks too to the riders who stepped in at short notice to fill the gaps created by the inevitable call-offs although one or two of those asked don't seem to be too bothered about supporting events of this nature. Most tracks have their own major individual meeting during the course of the season. They're not always the fans' favourite meetings but you'd think the riders would relish the chance to race without any pressure and make a bit of cash on the side. Still it's their prerogative to turn their backs on them but it's not an attituide that will benefit speedway generally at a time when it seems to be struggling at many venues.

At last I got to meet the Falkirk Bandit! Pleasure to meet you sir hope to have many more chats with you on your trips to the Dale (although it's not compulsory!). It's true what Bigeddiecheck says about meeting people face to face and forming friendships where we can enjoy a bit of banter, some informed and impartial chat away from the sheer bitchiness of what often passes for 'banter' on this and other forums. Where else can you make so many new friends of like mind who enjoy speedway so much? Very rarely have I been desappointed in meeting someone I only knew through posting on the forum (which is probably not what happens when they meet me!! :oops: ) To all the keyboard jockeys who will rarely experience the pleasure get out there and make yourselves known.

The meeting itself was disappointing but yet again the track was not at its best after some heavy morning rain although it stood up quite well to 22 heats of racing. I hope that James Grieves is OK after his spill. I gather that he blew his engine which caused the first bend mayhem which resulted in him and Ty Proctor coming off.

Well done and many thanks too to the riders who stepped in at short notice to fill the gaps created by the inevitable call-offs although one or two of those asked don't seem to be too bothered about supporting events of this nature. Most tracks have their own major individual meeting during the course of the season. They're not always the fans' favourite meetings but you'd think the riders would relish the chance to race without any pressure and make a bit of cash on the side. Still it's their prerogative to turn their backs on them but it's not an attituide that will benefit speedway generally at a time when it seems to be struggling at many venues.

The curse of the open meetings i'm afraid . You very rarely ever go to one of these meetings without suffering writers cramp by the end of the night .

Great to meet King Jamie, Midnight Lady, Davy H & Merlin - see, i'm a quite wee mouse really

good to meet you too Sir :)

But, realistically, what is THJ going to be for Edinburgh? A long-term Monarch, or a fat cheque when he moves onwards and upwards?

is that opposed to mental Makovsky, a fat Czech who'll never leave Berwick? :wink:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

garbage meeting. crap night.

big thank you to all those riders who couldn't be ersed turning up. what a bunch of scumbags you truly are :mad:

on the other hand, a sincere thank you to those riders who replaced them :approve:

well done Rory, Andrew and Aaron :)