British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BelteshazzarBee

Cardiff Opportunity For Tom Brown?

An interesting proposition, in the letters page of the July 19th Speedway Star, from respected announcer Craig Saul. He puts forward a great idea in my oppinion, an inclusion of Plymouth star Tom Brown at Cardiff. He lists a few reasons why he believes the 'Welsh Wizard' would be a great addition to proceedings at the big show at the Millenium Stadium. One being, he has a big claim to being Welsh No1 in the absence of Phil Morris. Another, he is "a true thrill merchant, with a never-say-die attitude". And lastly, and this is "the biggest PR opportunity", he suffered from septic arthritis in his infancy. He has overcome tremendous pain and physical chalenges "to be able to walk let alone ride (a speedway bike)".

I think this is a marvelous idea and, seing as though the GP is held in Wales, it would be great to get Tom involed somehow. In my oppinion, whoever is in charge of the pre meeting entertainment should invite Mr Brown to demonstrate his thrilling riding style in a few laps of the Cardiff circuit, possibly inbetween the u-15 races.

What do guys and gals think? i just thought id pull your attention towards this and see what you think about it. I would recommend you get your speedway star out and have a look, as i may not have covered everthing in this post.

Lets get behind this proposal, as Tom is a true hero and inspiratin to us all.

Edited by BelteshazzarBee

What a load of rubbish

No only joking from what i have read in your post this sounds like a great idea, especially with the mention medical obstacles he has had to face.

Well done for bringing it up

:shock: not the return of Tom Browns "Ring" where's Shannon when you need her!!!!!! :approve:

Tom is a true hero and inspiratin to us all.

Agreed.

But..Isn't it a little late for this?

Tom has been around a while and so has the Cardiff GP.

I was at rye house on sunday and Tom was a number 8 for Berwick. He came within a lap of beating Tai Woffinden on his home circuit and his performance was so good that he was nominated as a tactical ride, which is the first time ive ever seen it allocated to a number 8 and no-one else ive spoken to has ever heard or seen it before.

Alot of people have stated, in the relevent thread in the premierleague section that, alongside Paul Clews he was worth the admission money alone.

Well done Tom and keep it up!!!

Agreed.

But..Isn't it a little late for this?

Tom has been around a while and so has the Cardiff GP.

Tom Brown is only 23 mate and he has grown into an exiting riders. How does the fact that he's been around for a while or that the Cardiff GP has been around a mean anything.

I wanted to see how much of a response this would get, hence originally placing it in the Speedway general part of this extensive forum. But someone moved it and now as i would of guessed has not had as much response as it would have done if it was still in the section i put it in. General discussions is the place where most people would look yet, it is now found here. I think they should add a thing where if the 'admins' think that a topic should be moved they at least inform the poster, instead of moving it without regard for them.

I would appreciate an oppoligy from whoever moved this topic as, proven by the lack of response, it would be much better suited to the area it was originally in.

I have had this happen to me on anumber of occasions and unlike some people who just add topics wherever they please, i pick where i put them due to relevance and where it will get the most 'reads'. And as it is a proposal wich should get huge backing i am upset and disheartened that it has been moved into obscurity.

Peace and love

Sauly

Tom Brown is only 23 mate and he has grown into an exiting riders. How does the fact that he's been around for a while or that the Cardiff GP has been around a mean anything.

If he was Wales' answer to Woffinden then fair enough but what do you think introducing Tom Brown to the Cardiff crowd would bring to the GP?

I understand what he has overcome and best of luck to him.

If he was Wales' answer to Woffinden then fair enough but what do you think introducing Tom Brown to the Cardiff crowd would bring to the GP?

I understand what he has overcome and best of luck to him.

1) Home rider

2) Exciting riding style

3) Watching him for a couple of demo's is better than watching the motocross freestyle jumpers that were on show this year, they were good for a few minutes but 15 mins, i dont think so.

Question, Have you seen him ride before?

from respected announcer Craig Saul. He puts forward a great idea in my oppinion, an inclusion of Plymouth star Tom Brown at Cardiff.

Peace and love

Sauly

Self praise is no praise.

why not go the whole hog and put in Jon-Jon White( the black knight)...and we all know what rhymes with Knight dont we....it begins in S and ends in te.Oh yes dont forget to save me a race-jacket, i once had a go on Pilling sands.Ian Hindle would like to throw his name in the hat....the list is endless.Get real,as much as i admire anyone who gives it a go on a speedway bike sticking Tom Brown in with Pedersen,Crump,Adams etc etc would totally devalue the product

The idea isn't to put him into the gp :rolleyes:

sorry not being a reader of the comic anymore i was under the impression(wrongly)it was !