British Speedway Forum

what was the crowd like.. i have heard 500'ish.. so no team will get any money from that then.. great shared event.. at plymouth it would have been 3 times that.. and that would just be the plymouth crowd so i would say with travelling fans up around 2000..

and i think plymouth has one of the best safety records there is.. so the air fence remark is needless.. and last year we got the whole meeting done in our allotted time and we have a curfew.. in fact we had time spare..

ohh well.. well done weymouth

darren

As I seem to recall we didn't get much from Plymouth either last year due to the high travelling costs involved for the riders.

As I seem to recall we didn't get much from Plymouth either last year due to the high travelling costs involved for the riders.

but you got something Jayne.. and that was with over 1000 people there.. better than getting nothing

darren

If the meeting was always going to have a 7.30 start, why does it say 7pm on the top of the programme Stoke produced for the event?

In hindsight ( a wonderful thing!) a 7pm start would have been appropriate, however with a shortened interval the final two heats could have been run, and I fail to see why those running the event didnt take this option.

Would there have been a different result, we will never know, although some of this forum seem to have a crystal ball :rolleyes:

Although supporting Weymouth, I do feel for Jason Pipe and the Cubs, especially after seeing them Tuesday at Boston suffer incredible bad fortune in Heat 15.

I know you get big crowds darren devil, but many centrally based supporters such as myself would not have been able to get to Plymouth, so I am in favour of Stoke or a Midlands track getting the event, oh and of course it was a neutral track as well which is/should be a big consideration imo for any of these BSPA shared events whether it be EL/PL or CL!!

Edited by PhilK